Amazon Breaks Its Holiday Sales Records for Most Items Ordered Worldwide

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Amazon has announced that it has broken its holiday sales record for most items sold worldwide. Consumers purchased millions of Amazon products such as the Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick, Kindle and more. Alexa was used to set 100 million timers this holiday season and the last package delivered via Amazon Prime occurred at 11:30 pm in Berkeley, CA on Christmas Eve. The best selling electronics this holiday season included the Samsung Flat 65" 4K UHD 8 Series Smart LED TV, Apple iPad (Wi-Fi, 32GB) in Space Gray, Blue Yeti USB Microphone in Blackout, Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera, and HP Sprocket Photo Paper. This announcement from Amazon has led to a 7.1% spike in its stock price.

"This season was our best yet, and we look forward to continuing to bring our customers what they want, in ways most convenient for them in 2019. We are thrilled that in the U.S. alone, more than one billion items shipped for free this holiday with Prime," said Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer.

Me either. Probably cancel my Prime subscription soon. No reason to really use it anymore, other companies have caught on and offer same shipping.
I like the free ship-to-store options available at Barnes & Noble, Walmart, and other stores.
Easy to inspect the item at the store, easy to return it if is defective, and no problems with thieves stealing it as it sits on the porch.

Plus, I consider Amazon's business practices despicable.

I like the free ship-to-store options available at Barnes & Noble, Walmart, and other stores.
Easy to inspect the item at the store, easy to return it if is defective, and no problems with thieves stealing it as it sits on the porch.

Plus, I consider Amazon's business practices despicable.

Yeah, They're pretty a flee market at this point. I'm glad that other companies have followed suit and improved upon their shipping practices.

Well my town is getting ready to get a Amazon hub, concrete has been laid down, electrical up, now they are just finishing up the rest of the building. I am curious to see how fast I will get some items.

Unless you order from someplace with actual 2 day shipping.

Not "2 days to process the order, a day to package, and then 2-ish days to ship..."
I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon. For the most part, I usually get 2 day delivery. I can remember only a few packages that took longer. I then wonder - is it Amazon's fault of the Post Office (they deliver most of our stuff, but sometiom
I switched from newegg to amazon this year. So add me in to that sales :)
Same here. I try to buy stuff from my local Microcenter when I can - they usually have the same price (or better if you get a combo/sale). However, it's an hour drive each way...

Well my town is getting ready to get a Amazon hub, concrete has been laid down, electrical up, now they are just finishing up the rest of the building. I am curious to see how fast I will get some items.

Have they finished the sacrifice altars yet?

i have a hub in my town. i can order by early sat. evening and have it delivered sunday.

Not "2 days to process the order, a day to package, and then 2-ish days to ship..."
Any time it's taken more than 3 days to receive a "prime" package (pretty rare) and I complain I get either a free month of prime or a $5 gift card.

Bunch of places have it now.. walmart, target, etc

Any time it's taken more than 3 days to receive a "prime" package (pretty rare) and I complain I get either a free month of prime or a $5 gift card.

That's the thing though. I don't want a free month or a gift card.
I want the shit I order ON TIME.

That's the thing though. I don't want a free month or a gift card.
I want the shit I order ON TIME.

To many factors in the process and transport will always make package delivery times vary. At least Amazon gives something in return for when it goes wrong, I know many others that don't. Even when you pay for expedited shipping, still no refund.

Want your stuff quick, goto the store like the olden days! Take in the sites, meet people and discover over items while at the store! Window shop the other stores!

Wow. Who would of thought it! Would think a mall would be king!

I guess the phones have already destroyed us making us too lazy as sitting on our ass is now the preferred method. The path of least resistance.

And they say the average American dont exercise at all.

I only buy from Amazon "When" I cant get it locally.

I ask Alexa simple questions and she can't answer half of them how is this smart technology?

We haven't had a smiling box at our door for several years now. With all the other places offering free 2 day shipping with no membership fee I felt no pain cancelling our Prime membership. We never used any other perk of it so we haven't missed a beat. I actually like going to pick up items at Wall-Mart now because instead of getting depressed at seeing all the gross people there, I now realize how good my family and I have it. I like having that life perspective back.

Want your stuff quick, goto the store like the olden days! Take in the sites, meet people and discover over items while at the store! Window shop the other stores!

Wow. Who would of thought it! Would think a mall would be king!

I guess the phones have already destroyed us making us too lazy as sitting on our ass is now the preferred method. The path of least resistance.

And they say the average American dont exercise at all.

I only buy from Amazon "When" I cant get it locally.

Honestly, it's not just pure laziness. We work longer hours and commute on average more than we did. If you have kids, going different stores for different odd items (say cereal and a saw blade) is a fucking chore. If I had to choose between something like walmart that offers a similar one stop shop appeal and amazon...I'd go with amazon.

I work 50 hours, and have an hour plus commute each way. Like fuck if I'm going to loose hours of my time to go to the store for a one off thing that will ship to my door in a day or 2 for free. If I don't need it now, I'm not spending an hour putting kids in the car or giving up that "fun" time with them to go get a door stop or something stupid.

Guess your right. People only worked 25-30 hours 20 years ago!

Wow, how did people survive back in the day?

I worked more then that 25 years ago as an appliance delivery driver! And I'd also come home every day and drive a 30 min drive to pick my girlfriend up and drive back to my house and then drive her home and then drive myself back home! Wow superman!

Oh and one of our favorite pastimes was window shopping at the malls!

I keep thinking about that one cartoon movie.. I can't even remember the name but it was about some time in the future were people are so out of shape and fat that they have to be carted around in like lounge chairs and there on some space ship going to another planet or something cause earth is inhabitable. Yeah that's gona be humanity in the near future.

I keep thinking about that one cartoon movie.. I can't even remember the name but it was about some time in the future were people are so out of shape and fat that they have to be carted around in like lounge chairs and there on some space ship going to another planet or something cause earth is inhabitable. Yeah that's gona be humanity in the near future.

The movie was WALL-E that you're talking about.

The movie was WALL-E that you're talking about.

Naw. WALL-E was that little robot? Or maybe that was a beginning scene from wall-e.. Haha

Edit: yup! That's the movie! Brain is now remembering it. He was left behind to repair the planet or something and he found signs of life growing on the planet so the people could come back.

I use Amazon because I want as little interaction with other humans as humanly possible. Inconsiderate drivers are a huge problem here and their favorite pastime is to block intersections and run red lights. Every time I get out in traffic, I daydream about The Purge being a reality.

Guess your right. People only worked 25-30 hours 20 years ago!

Wow, how did people survive back in the day?

I worked more then that 25 years ago as an appliance delivery driver! And I'd also come home every day and drive a 30 min drive to pick my girlfriend up and drive back to my house and then drive her home and then drive myself back home! Wow superman!

Oh and one of our favorite pastimes was window shopping at the malls!

I would rather walk in a park to get exercise and meet people than walk around a store. I am not really missing any life experiences worth a damn by going on amazon to grab a few items I need for the weekend than if I drive 40mins to go walk around walmart.

But to each their own, if that is something you enjoy doing by all means go live life! But don't insult people for not liking the same things you do, that stems from far worse character flaws than laziness.

That said, most of my shopping I did for family was online and nothing I got my wife was from amazon (because she would find out haha).

I would rather walk in a park to get exercise and meet people than walk around a store. I am not really missing any life experiences worth a damn by going on amazon to grab a few items I need for the weekend than if I drive 40mins to go walk around walmart.

But to each their own, if that is something you enjoy doing by all means go live life! But don't insult people for not liking the same things you do, that stems from far worse character flaws than laziness.

That said, most of my shopping I did for family was online and nothing I got my wife was from amazon (because she would find out haha).

Trust me I could go on and on but wont cause this place is my home. Amazon has a mission and it's not good. But I'm guilty of being a prime member as well. :/

Back