Amazon blowing out pixel 2 and pixel 2 xl 12/17 only

If it was new this would be killer but "Refurbished/Used" not so much. A Refurb Pixel 2 XL can be had for close to $300 when the ebay promos pop. Plus Amazon is not blowing out these phones its the shady 3rd party sellers using prime shipping.

I'm on my 3rd pixel 2 XL. All had flakey hardware issues.

Yeah I have been tempted for the 2 XL but the horror stories and your response here keeps me far far away from getting one.

Still debating on trying the CPU shim fix on my Note 4 or just settling on my z2 Force instead of re-selling it; Pixel 2 camera is so nice though.

Yeah I have been tempted for the 2 XL but the horror stories and your response here keeps me far far away from getting one.

Still debating on trying the CPU shim fix on my Note 4 or just settling on my z2 Force instead of re-selling it; Pixel 2 camera is so nice though.

I wouldn't let anecdotal experiences like that sway you, you can find people saying the same thing just about for any other product. Just like me still being on my original Pixel 2 XL with no issues shouldn't convince you to buy one. I've had to RMA my previous Samsung, HTC, and Nexus phones as well for hardware defects, but I don't assume most of them are busted because of it, even after seeing a handful of people posting about the same issue, esp. if most reviewers don't report on it as well.

The only consistent issue I would bet concerned about with this phone is the excessive blue shifting on the display that the original ones had. But they seemed to fix it after a revision or two, because reviewers that got one a few months after launch (just like i did) said it seemed much better on the newer ones.

Besides, there's not much risk if there's a 30 day return policy and a year+ warranty like there was even on these refurbs.

I wouldn't let anecdotal experiences like that sway you, you can find people saying the same thing just about for any other product. Just like me still being on my original Pixel 2 XL with no issues shouldn't convince you to buy one. I've had to RMA my previous Samsung, HTC, and Nexus phones as well for hardware defects, but I don't assume most of them are busted because of it, even after seeing a handful of people posting about the same issue, esp. if most reviewers don't report on it as well.

The only consistent issue I would bet concerned about with this phone is the excessive blue shifting on the display that the original ones had. But they seemed to fix it after a revision or two, because reviewers that got one a few months after launch (just like i did) said it seemed much better on the newer ones.

Besides, there's not much risk if there's a 30 day return policy and a year+ warranty like there was even on these refurbs.

Buying through swappa so the blue shift issue is really not being reported there even by the big buyers and sellers. Plus moving down in size might be a good thing after rocking a 5.7" Note 4 then back to a 4.5" Lumia 635; still feel 4.5"-5" is the perfect phone size if you are not using it for art (S-Pen + Wacom digitizer).

Agree fully anecdotal from my perspective.

Buy a pixel for the software experience not for the hardware.

My shitty hardware and warranty experience does not mean you'll have one. Odds are you'll get an acceptable phone if they properly refurbished them.....

Back