Amazon Black Friday Hard Drive Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to add that in my experience Amazon packs HDs very well.

Good deals here... Glad I jumped on the WD Black 640 for 49.99 on Wednesday night but 54.99 is still good. The egg is selling for 59.99 as well.

Good deals here... Glad I jumped on the WD Black 640 for 49.99 on Wednesday night but 54.99 is still good. The egg is selling for 59.99 as well.

Thats a blue, not a black. And I just saw a black somewhere for $50.

Damn you OP... now I gotta try to NOT buy a few 1TB drives... must... resist....

Good deals for sure :)

lol you have your good brands mixed up its WD and Samsung are good brands

Hitachi and seagate are meh

Remember when Amazon had the $38 shipped 640Gb Caviar Blue deal...?

Awesome.

Thats a blue, not a black. And I just saw a black somewhere for $50.

Wanted 1tb caviar blacks and got a couple off ebay for $89 after 10% cashback (+free shipping...which if you live in Hawaii only some ebay shops and Amazon actually do, otherwise it'd have cost me $35+ to ship from places like newegg) I didn't search too hard for caviar blacks under 1tb, but saw this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Western-Digital...C_Drives_Storage_Internal?hash=item27ad15eab2

$69 before 10% cashback and free shipping. Maybe there are better deals hiding in there.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just want to add that in my experience Amazon packs HDs very well.

This. The one HDD that I bought from Amazon was shipped more securely than all the HDDs I have bought from the egg. You can't go wrong with Amazon. :)

Man I'm out of the loop. I saw 90 dollars for a 1.5TB green and thought "that's smokin hot!", then I looked up the normal price at newegg. Hard drive prices came down a lot in the last 6 months it seems.

The only HD I got from the egg that was well packed was when I ordered two. Instead of only bubblewrap they used a chunk hacked out of the big foam multipack that the drives were shipped to the warehouse in.

Yeah, I think that it is a 5 platter drive... I would look for other reviews, maybe see if the reviews are true.

Amazon's return/exchange is A++. Never had any trouble with it. They even pay for return shipping if it's their screw up.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1473995

Whoops, guess that's not everyone's experience...

Anyone else have these stories? Can you post 'em in the above thread or in the hotdeals discussion area?

I'm wondering if that poster bought it as a "Frustration-Free packaging" which from what I can see the past few instances have been. All my drives purchased from Amazon have been extremely well packed, to the point that one time each drive had it's own box and triple layer foam with the middle foam cut to size for the drive. Additionally, Amazon's return policy is simply amazing, with very simple return procedures and shipping cost refund if it's their fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back