Amazon: BenQ BL2710PT $449 F/S

Response times look typical for an IPS panel. I'd expect input lag to be similar.

My only concern is no advance replacement option on the warranty.

My response time on my LG monitors isn't great according to specs. I don't notice any input lag on my monitor. But, I'm not a professional gamer, so that may be the disconnect...

Contrary to popular belief, you can, actually, game on a monitor at 60 Hz

:rolleyes:

Haha yeah I know. I never really know the difference between people nitpicking and such. I've seen a ton of bad reviews of MBP screens, but the two I've gotten turned out just fine. /shrug who knows.

Yeah, Minesweeper and Solitaire look the same on a 60 Hz and 120 Hz monitors. I don't know what the big deal is with these fancy 120 and 144 Hz monitors. :p

My god this is tempting!

Buy it! You know you want one! :D

60hz gaming is really no issue. I play UT2004 on it and don't have any issues. If you want a fast monitor, get the ROG Swift for a lot more $, if you do more than fast gaming this is a nice monitor, imo.

Buy it! You know you want one! :D

60hz gaming is really no issue. I play UT2004 on it and don't have any issues. If you want a fast monitor, get the ROG Swift for a lot more $, if you do more than fast gaming this is a nice monitor, imo.

My credit card hates you! :p :D

I'm waiting for these to hit the sub $300 mark, then I'm buying 7 of them.

Three each for my workstation, racing rig, and one spare.

I just paid the $400 for the BenQ 144hz TN panel with the anti-ghosting.

Frankly, the ONLY thing about it that doesn't blow me away is the viewing angle. And there has to be a tradeoff somewhere.

Yes, input lag matters. Yes, anti-ghosting LED control ROCKS if you keep the room lighting low to compensate for the brightness loss.

If you game hard, the 144hz is a hell of a piece of hardware.

THIS screen will trade off the other way. Less gaming oriented but better image quality, better color and way better viewing angles.

You choose what matters to you.

I just paid the $400 for the BenQ 144hz TN panel with the anti-ghosting.

Frankly, the ONLY thing about it that doesn't blow me away is the viewing angle. And there has to be a tradeoff somewhere.

Yes, input lag matters. Yes, anti-ghosting LED control ROCKS if you keep the room lighting low to compensate for the brightness loss.

If you game hard, the 144hz is a hell of a piece of hardware.

THIS screen will trade off the other way. Less gaming oriented but better image quality, better color and way better viewing angles.

You choose what matters to you.

Yeah, true, the bl2710pt is not nearly as quick as that. But like you said, there are always trade offs. For me, UT2004 is fine at 60hz on this screen, most other games I play are slower than UT. Would UT play better at 144hz, probably. But then again, I really like my colors.

Got mine today. Really like it so far. Can't fully approve it atm - I have it connected via HDMI, so my res is only 1920 x 1080. Even then, it looks great! I'll reserve final judgement until I get a mini Displayport to Displayport cable. But it's definitely a step up from my 5 yr old 24" Acer TN panel!!

Back up to $600 inc shipping. Should've bought two!!! I wonder what the refurb's are like?

Different people have different interests for gaming many of the people who value a 120hz light boosted monitor also turn down graphics to make sure the experience is as lag free and smooth as possible. These may not be the same type of people who would turn the settings up to the max and install high resolution texture packs. For the latter these 2560x1440 IPS monitors are very good looking for the money and there is nothing wrong with 60hz if graphical pleasure is more important than winning every frag.

I think the point here is why should we settle for 60 hz when 120 hz is so much better specially for gaming. You guys are dead wrong or secretly work for BenQ!

If I'm going to spend that much money I want 120 hz or more, Im a hardcore gamer
and that makes a difference. Not saying BenQ doesn't make the best monitors
for gaming, they do. This is a sub par model for hard core gamers like my self!

I think the point here is why should we settle for 60 hz when 120 hz is so much better specially for gaming. You guys are dead wrong or secretly work for BenQ!

If I'm going to spend that much money I want 120 hz or more, Im a hardcore gamer
and that makes a difference. Not saying BenQ doesn't make the best monitors
for gaming, they do. This is a sub par model for hard core gamers like my self!

Some people use their computers for more than gaming.

Ohh that's right 120 hz doesn't work for anything other than gaming!!

Shit what was I thinking??

Geez man, calm down. I don't game much on my PC. I wanted something with good color reproduction. I wanted something with a height-adjustable stand. I like the fact that this has the 2 USB 3.0 ports on it.

No one is forcing you to buy this monitor. It's great for it's intended purposes. You're an avid gamer. We get it. Go buy a 120hz Korean monitor. Enjoy it. Have fun.

The BL2710PT is the best multi-input 1440p monitor under 1400$ (glow free Eizo CX271 which can be hardware calibrated =1400$) along with the AOC Q2770QPU and glow free Eizo EV2736W. PC-only gamers should opt for one of the single input Korean monitors since they can overclock. Multi-input monitors are nice for both console and PC gaming, especially since most 32" TV's use LED PWM Dimming (Side Effects). 450$ is a great price, especially when compared to the inferior Acer K272HUL (worse color presets and it suffers from obvious overshoot ghosting) and Qnix/X-Star True 10 monitors (they use LED PWM Dimming/are not Flicker Free despite being advertised as so, have worse black levels and slow pixel response times) which have worse build quality, less ergonomic features and worse performance. This thread contains more information and review links.

Geez man, calm down. I don't game much on my PC. I wanted something with good color reproduction. I wanted something with a height-adjustable stand. I like the fact that this has the 2 USB 3.0 ports on it.

No one is forcing you to buy this monitor. It's great for it's intended purposes. You're an avid gamer. We get it. Go buy a 120hz Korean monitor. Enjoy it. Have fun.

For general use do you really need to spend 400 bucks on a monitor?
I purchased x2 Asus 25" HDMI monitors @ 60 hz for $180.00 each and
that was like 3 years ago. For $400 bucks it should be better that's
all I'm saying!

I wonder if those Asus Monitors are Korean.. for a good laugh!
My friend showed me these BenQ monitors and they are top
of the line gaming monitors so Im looking forward a good deal
on the 120 hz ones!

For general use do you really need to spend 400 bucks on a monitor?
I purchased x2 Asus 25" HDMI monitors @ 60 hz for $180.00 each and
that was like 3 years ago. For $400 bucks it should be better that's
all I'm saying!

I enjoy photography as a hobby, so I want something with good color reproduction. You won't get that on a cheap TN panel.

Mine is a size downgrade versus my dead 3007WFP, but it's a far better monitor overall and I'm happy I bought it ($500 CAN, we'll see if they drop up here lower).

Yep. I loaded my cart and saw the price drop. Bit on one. Sales tax in VA sucks, but whatever.

I got my monitor last week and so far I love it. The only issue that I have crop up is the DP bug where the monitor doesn't come back on from standby. This thing is just massive compared to my 24" Asus. My major concern was response time and lag with FPS games and I am happy to report I have had no issues.

I got my monitor last week and so far I love it. The only issue that I have crop up is the DP bug where the monitor doesn't come back on from standby. This thing is just massive compared to my 24" Asus. My major concern was response time and lag with FPS games and I am happy to report I have had no issues.
That's a huge downside for people like me who keep their PC on standby instead of fully shutting down after using it.

Back