Amazon Begins Whole Foods Delivery Service to Prime Members in Select Cities

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
It was only a matter of time until Amazon leveraged their purchase of Whole Foods in the typical Amazon fashion and now you can get Whole Foods groceries delivered to your home if you are a Prime member in Austin, Cincinnati, Dallas or Virginia Beach. The market is starting to get crowded with Walmart, Kroger and others wanting to deliver your groceries. With Amazon jumping in as well I know which one I'd use if I decide to grocery shop from home. Also, even though the Amazon offering is very limited at the moment it is expected to expand across the U.S. over the next year. Is there anything Amazon can't deliver?

The online retailing behemoth will add Whole Foods to its one-hour and two-hour delivery service in Austin, Cincinnati, Dallas and Virginia Beach, it said in a statement.
Amazon Prime members will receive two-hour delivery for free and one-hour delivery for $7.99 on orders of $35 or more, the company said.

2 hour delivery - free... That is a good deal imo... Assuming you use other Amazon stuff.

Forgive me for being possibly ignorant here....
Austin, Cincinnati, Dallas and Virginia Beach,
But those cities don't seem like the type of cities that would be hipstery enough to want Whole Foods delivered, I'd think someplace like San Francisco would be high on that list, but then again maybe those cities have majorly changed in the past decade or so?

But those cities don't seem like the type of cities that would be hipstery enough to want Whole Foods delivered, I'd think someplace like San Francisco would be high on that list, but then again maybe those cities have majorly changed in the past decade or so?

Those cities are more likely to have your delivery stolen off your doorstep than anything.

Probably markets that have enough stores to ship to a large area. I saw a map and was really surprised how many Texas has...

I remember trying amazon pantry, it was a canned good war zone inside the box during transit.

Those cities are more likely to have your delivery stolen off your doorstep than anything.

Yeah, and then when you call Amazon to complain about your shit getting stolen (DNR - Did Not Receive) you end up on CAP (Concession Abuse) because either one of two things happened:

1. Your shit got straight up stolen too many times, OR...

2. The fucking loser drivers they have working for AMZL (Amazon Logistics) who most likely can't speak English, can't read a fucking GPS map, and will toss your shit in the middle of your yard because they are too fucking lazy to get their nasty asses out of their cars (or just mark your shit as UTL (Unable to Locate) or UTA (Unable to Access) and drive away.

I know, because I just got done working for Amazon. Let me clue you people in on something:

1. Amazon doesn't give a FUCK about you.
2. Amazon doesn't give a FUCK about their employees.

Bank on that. I've been telling people SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE. That few dollars they MAY save you isn't worth the hassle if you live in an area where their god-awful, suck ass, shitty in house logistics services are what is being used to get your stuff to you. I worked in LMTOC, in the SDS division (Last Mile Transportation Operations Center, Shipping and Deliver Support) and we were the poor bastards that were basically paid to LIE to YOU the customer, and also to "support" these stupid asshole drivers when they call in.

Those UTA's / UTL's I was telling you about? Yeah, you see, we used this app called COMP which would allow me to see when a scan was entered (for whatever reason) and it would attach a set of GPS coordinates to that scan. I would (EVERY FUCKING DAY) get customers who paid for not only prime, but 1 day shipping say they got a UTA notice, and of course I would go in and get those GPS coordinates and show that the driver scanned it like that while SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR HOUSE, or they delivered it to their neighbor across the street because I guess they were too busy to read the FUCKING HOUSE NUMBER RIGHT ON THE MAILBOX.

Oh I could go on and on and on and on and on and on about how bad Amazon really is, but trust me - SPEND YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE. I will NEVER give Amazon another cent of my money, EVER because of the outright stupidity and bullshit I saw working for those fucking clown-shoes.

Yeah, and then when you call Amazon to complain about your shit getting stolen (DNR - Did Not Receive) you end up on CAP (Concession Abuse) because either one of two things happened:

2. The fucking loser drivers they have working for AMZL (Amazon Logistics) who most likely can't speak English, can't read a fucking GPS map, and will toss your shit in the middle of your yard because they are too fucking lazy to get their nasty asses out of their cars (or just mark your shit as UTL (Unable to Locate) or UTA (Unable to Access) and drive away.

I know, because I just got done working for Amazon. Let me clue you people in on something:

Bank on that. I've been telling people SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE. That few dollars they MAY save you isn't worth the hassle if you live in an area where their god-awful, suck ass, shitty in house logistics services are what is being used to get your stuff to you. I worked in LMTOC, in the SDS division (Last Mile Transportation Operations Center, Shipping and Deliver Support) and we were the poor bastards that were basically paid to LIE to YOU the customer, and also to "support" these stupid asshole drivers when they call in.

Those UTA's / UTL's I was telling you about? Yeah, you see, we used this app called COMP which would allow me to see when a scan was entered (for whatever reason) and it would attach a set of GPS coordinates to that scan. I would (EVERY FUCKING DAY) get customers who paid for not only prime, but 1 day shipping say they got a UTA notice, and of course I would go in and get those GPS coordinates and show that the driver scanned it like that while SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR HOUSE, or they delivered it to their neighbor across the street because I guess they were too busy to read the FUCKING HOUSE NUMBER RIGHT ON THE MAILBOX.

Oh I could go on and on and on and on and on and on about how bad Amazon really is, but trust me - SPEND YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE. I will NEVER give Amazon another cent of my money, EVER because of the outright stupidity and bullshit I saw working for those fucking clown-shoes.

Godamn! lol!

CNxpKAnWcAQI0Rc.jpg

Godamn! lol!

CNxpKAnWcAQI0Rc.jpg

Oh man, there are no words in the English language to accurately describe the HATE I have for Amazon. They are the Wal-Mart of the internet with the same lack-luster suck ass service you all have come to love and expect from these "too big to give a shit" corporations. I have friends who work for Whole Foods in the DFW area and they are leaving because of the Amazonization that is going on. Quality is going WAY DOWN while prices stay the same or go up.

Fuck Amazon.

EDIT: Words.

Oh man, there are no words in the English language to accurately describe the HATE I have for Amazon. They are the Wal-Mart of the internet with the same lack-luster suck ass service you all have come to love and expect from these "too big to give a shit" corporations. I have friends who work for Whole Foods in the DFW area and they are leaving because of the Amazonization that is going on. Quality is going WAY DOWN while prices stay the same or go up.

Fuck Amazon.

EDIT: Words.

Yeah, that's usually how it works. I actually worked for Wal-Mart 10 years ago in the Photo Lab, I was fired. Told that "I wasn't Wal-Mart Material", probably because I refused the lobotomy.

Yeah, that's usually how it works. I actually worked for Wal-Mart 10 years ago in the Photo Lab, I was fired. Told that "I wasn't Wal-Mart Material", probably because I refused the lobotomy.

Amazon and their hiring practices are akin to a chimp in the zoo throwing its shit at the wall. Some doesn't stick at all, some sticks for a bit and then falls off, then you have the skidmarks who buy Amazon's bullshit and drink the Amazon branded Kool-Aide (with propo like "HUUURRRR, we are customer centric!" and "If you really become part of the Amazon family you too can move up just like I did!"). They shove all that shit down your throat...UNTIL...it is time to get on them phones, THEN it's:

Protect our assets, LIE LIE LIE!

I hope Amazon fails, I really do.

They are the Wal-Mart of the internet ....

Truthfully, WalMart is still the WalMart of the internet.

I hate WalMart, but I still shop there, because when I buy an $11.00 pair of jeans, I want to FEEL the tears of the children whose play days were stolen because they weren't born in a nation that has dignified labor laws.

When I dress in the morning, I hold my clothes in a crumpled fist and shout at the mirror, "Some child's day is RUINED so that I could buy these clothes for less than the price of a pizza!" Then I dress, spend $6.00 on a grande latte at Starbucks, and go to work.

Truthfully, WalMart is still the WalMart of the internet.

I hate WalMart, but I still shop there, because when I buy an $11.00 pair of jeans, I want to FEEL the tears of the children whose play days were stolen because they weren't born in a nation that has dignified labor laws.

When I dress in the morning, I hold my clothes in a crumpled fist and shout at the mirror, "Some child's day is RUINED so that I could buy these clothes for less than the price of a pizza!" Then I dress, spend $6.00 on a grande latte at Starbucks, and go to work.

You Monster!....

Do you atleast get the whipped cream to plump your ass?

Didn't Whole Foods start in Austin, Texas?

It did. The HQ is located in Austin. Austin is a great target city for this service. It seems that Amazon is really fucking with how things operate at Whole Foods, though.

Here is where things get interesting for me. In general I have ZERO interest in grocery delivery service. I'm sorry but I don't trust the people they hire enough to pick out good cuts of meat or quality produce. I've watched the people working this in numerous stores (the carts are easily recognizable) and they just grab the first item they can. They do not in the slightest give a crap what, they are just checking off items on a list. Now that said, I have interest in the whole foods service for a couple reasons; The first being it is in an out of the way location for me and the second being I'm only interested in a few select things they tend to carry that no one else does (Oils and other similar specialty products). Basically things that I don't care if the person picks whatever, because it doesn't matter.

Outside that very specific use case though..fuck online grocery shopping. If you aren't disabled, get off your lazy ass and go to the store. Perhaps stop buying hamburger helper and cook something good while you are at it.

I really liked the idea of grocery shopping at Amazon with there Pantry service. But prices are in no way competitive with local grocery stores. It is more Hipster Groceries. Weird brands, weird foodstuffs.

I remember being told (long ago when I worked for Walmart), that if I didn't attend the morning "safety" meetings, they would fire me. Told the assistant manager to either show me where it was listed on the employment site, or call corporate. He told me to go back to work. Never attended a single one in the three years I was there.

I really liked the idea of grocery shopping at Amazon with there Pantry service. But prices are in no way competitive with local grocery stores. It is more Hipster Groceries. Weird brands, weird foodstuffs.
Same experience. Some of the prices are very high. About the only thing I like to order now is stuff like paper towels, toilet paper, etc. Prices are similar to what I can get locally (although you have to watched prices - they fluctuate). The reason I hate buying stuff like this is its bulky.

Kroger has grocery pick up available where I live - it's only $4 for a load. They are making it tempting and I can avoid the hassle of shopping. I'm going to try it soon.

I remember trying amazon pantry, it was a canned good war zone inside the box during transit.

I have ordered a few times some canned goods in bulk, like cream of mushroom soup, 12 packs.. etc. and WOW the number of dented cans is always eye opening.

Well it sounds to me like Amazon lost a very valuable employee.

tumblr_o43vhgJ6Bf1udh5n8o1_400.gif

Amazon and their hiring practices are akin to a chimp in the zoo throwing its shit at the wall. Some doesn't stick at all, some sticks for a bit and then falls off, then you have the skidmarks who buy Amazon's bullshit and drink the Amazon branded Kool-Aide (with propo like "HUUURRRR, we are customer centric!" and "If you really become part of the Amazon family you too can move up just like I did!"). They shove all that shit down your throat...UNTIL...it is time to get on them phones, THEN it's:

Protect our assets, LIE LIE LIE!

I hope Amazon fails, I really do.

long live jet.com!!! :cool:

Amazon has been great to me for years in fact most of the time I ask for a return they refund me even when I don't send the item back. Interestingly I have a relative that IMO abuses returns. Often will buy 2 of the same product knowing full well he plans to return at least one and can often return both. He still isn't on CAP that I know of. So I figure things have to get pretty bad to get to the point you are put on this thing you call CAP.

When stuff like that happens I think the customer is probably in one of 4 catagories. Set 1 is the customers fault, IE you are a unsavory angry character and they don't want to deal with you or you do return a lot of stuff. Set 2 is an outside factor you cannot control. Maybe you have a high theft in your neighborhood, or you have a corrupt or bad culture in the delivery people around your area. In either case if you think about it, its probably best for Amazon to just start to slow things down. In 3 of the 4 cases I mentioned the customer can do something about it. Leaving only 1 case where you are helpless, that's the bad delivery guy case but my guess is over time a bad delivery guy would eventually get fired.

You Monster!....

Do you atleast get the whipped cream to plump your ass?

I like the idea of organizing a day where everyone who shops at WalMart dresses as someone from the Capitol district of The Hunger Games.

colbert.jpg

I like the idea of organizing a day where everyone who shops at WalMart dresses as someone from the Capitol district of The Hunger Games.

Do we actually shop there, or do we just walk around commenting on the people shopping there like poverty tourists or a zoo?

Do we actually shop there, or do we just walk around commenting on the people shopping there like poverty tourists or a zoo?

Wow, that's a deep thought. Until you wrote that, I didn't comprehend that there are multiple levels of poverty at play in a WalMart.

1. There are the working poor in third world countries who are paid survival money without benefits to manufacture the goods that WalMart sells to ...

2. The working poor in the developed countries who buy WalMart's cut-price goods so that they can appear to have the standard of living that they actually can't afford because ...

3. There is a war in the heavens of the 1% to prove who, definitively, is the true 1%, the wealthiest of the wealthy, and to define absolutely how many hundreds of thousands (or millions) of multiples above the poverty level you have to be in order to be considered comfortably wealthy.

I must go to Starbucks and have another grande latte and think deeply. Because I am an aesthete, I will wear a rainbow-gay olympics t-shirt and ignore everyone.

Back