amazon aws database connection

JC724

Weaksauce
So I am trying connect to my rds database on amazon aws. I am logging into my virtual machine on linux and ssh ing into aws.

I googled this error and it said to make sure my RDS instance is connected with my EC2 instance. I did that. But I still keep getting this error when I run the command to connect to the database.

mysql -h dB-endpoint -P 3306 -u username -p

I get this error. And I tried running as root, but each time I enter my password for my login name of Linux and I get this error.

I have googled this error and they all say it is AWS server being down OR to make sure RDS and EC2 instance is connected which I did.

ERROR 2005 (HY000): Unknown MySQL server host 'endpoint' (1)

So I am trying connect to my rds database on amazon aws. I am logging into my virtual machine on linux and ssh ing into aws.

I googled this error and it said to make sure my RDS instance is connected with my EC2 instance. I did that. But I still keep getting this error when I run the command to connect to the database.

mysql -h dB-endpoint -P 3306 -u username -p

I get this error. And I tried running as root, but each time I enter my password for my login name of Linux and I get this error.

I have googled this error and they all say it is AWS server being down OR to make sure RDS and EC2 instance is connected which I did.

ERROR 2005 (HY000): Unknown MySQL server host 'endpoint' (1)
Change "db-endpoint" to the internal IP address of that server. Gonna take a guess and say you haven't configured DNS. To check, use:
Code:
dig db-endpoint

Back