Amazon Announces Plans to Ship Packages to the Moon by 2020

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
How much will next-day delivery cost? Jeff Bezos is big on the idea of returning to the moon, particularly for the purpose of establishing a permanent settlement, and he wants to fulfill that agenda with “an Amazon-like shipment service for the moon that would deliver gear for experiments, cargo and habitats.” A lunar settlement sounds neat, but how much do you think it would cost to sustain something like that?

Jeffrey P. Bezos [and his] space company Blue Origin [is interested] in developing a lunar spacecraft with a lander that would touch down near a crater at the south pole where there is water and nearly continuous sunlight for solar energy. The memo urges the space agency to back an Amazon-like shipment service for the moon that would deliver gear for experiments, cargo and habitats by mid-2020, helping to enable “future human settlement” of the moon. (Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, owns The Washington Post.)

Amazon going to be the first to deliver packages to mars in 2030

So Elon Musk fires out with "Mars or Bust" some time ago, now Bezos is "Moon or Bust" ? Don't these billionaires have other things to do with their time? Like jump into the pile of money Scrooge McDuck style and swim in it?

So Elon Musk fires out with "Mars or Bust" some time ago, now Bezos is "Moon or Bust" ? Don't these billionaires have other things to do with their time? Like jump into the pile of money Scrooge McDuck style and swim in it?
I dunno about Bezos but Musk has always been willing throw his fortune to grow his companies. Hell, that's why they grew so fast anyway...he was basically broke for a short while due to Tesla before they took off.

Ultimate plan: flood the Lunar surface with packages to spell out ads visible from Earth.

They know something we don't!

some one find out, and let the rest of us know

So Bezos owns that cesspool, WashPo? I did not know that. Now I'm not as upset about them starting to collect sales tax for my state at Amazon and the subsequent decrease in business I will be doing with them.

The moon thing is interesting too, I guess..

Let me know about those VanAllen Radiation belts then get back to me.

Settlement on the moon lol

I wonder what area code & address that will be? Or just, "The Moon".

I wonder what area code & address that will be? Or just, "The Moon".

I'm sure there would be a different location system. Zip codes would actually work, but I doubt you would have a need for more than one so it would be pointless.

Can we send all the crazies to the moon or to Mars? There they can be PC and SJW-ish all they want.

Let me know about those VanAllen Radiation belts then get back to me.

Settlement on the moon lol

"13 Rads in one hour, which is well below the 300 Rads in one hour that is considered to be lethal."

"Also, this radiation exposure would be for an astronaut outside the spacecraft during the transit through the belts. The radiation shielding inside the spacecraft cuts down the 13 Rads/hour exposure so that it is completely harmless."

"Note: According to radiation dosimeters carried by Apollo astronauts, their total dosage for the entire trip to the moon and return was not more than 2 Rads over 6 days."

https://spacemath.gsfc.nasa.gov/earth/3Page7.pdf

I'm sure there would be a different location system. Zip codes would actually work, but I doubt you would have a need for more than one so it would be pointless.

Can we send all the crazies to the moon or to Mars? There they can be PC and SJW-ish all they want.
Lol. I'm pretty sure the crazies are a slightly different group. ;)

Maybe that is where some of the Ryzen pre orders are going to end up at? First, they need to get their stuff fixed now before they try anything else. (I bought mine at Microcenter on release day but, for those that went through Amazon, I feel for you.)

I need to deliver 30 nukes to Tycho Station and then deliver Eros to Venus. How much would that be?

it's about time they built something on the moon, no?
but it's not gonna happen, cause space travel is fake

Is the launch vehicle called "Ralph" ? :whistle:

azfwvudhswrvvt2qdcdu.jpg

url

Last edited:
Back