Amazon $218 - PreOrder Retail VisiontTek Xtasy 9800 PRO 256 MB DDR (to ship in April)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NACZ3

Gawd
Got this one from Gotapex.com:

Hot! Amazon - VisiontTek Xtasy 9800 PRO 256 MB DDR AGP (VGA TV out, DVI) Pre-order for $217.88.

Note that this is a pre-order and that the delivery estimate on my order was April 10 to 27 timeframe.

Your card is not charged until time of shipping and you can cancel anytime if a better deal comes along until then. No Tax in CA either :)

**edit**
From the rules:
"9. No clickthrough referral sites allowed, you will be nick-banned and ip-banned immediately."

Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000A0USH

AKA http://www.joeacevedo.com/images/comicszone/comiclogos/lobo.gif in UT, HALO, etc, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This'll be a sweet deal if it goes through. Hopefully Amazon isn't playing any games (or I'll cut em)

I dont think these are any XT version. Their just the normal 9800 pro 256MB version. Amazon's site shows they've had them since June 2003. They are just out of stock at the moment cause so many have bought them. And with an April 10-27 timeframe i dont think i'd want to order one cause the new video cards should be coming out not long after that.

At that price, I ordered one last night before it became amazon's #1 seller in the electronics section. The cheapest 9800 Pro-256 is $308 on pricewatch, and I don't think they'll immediately drop $90 when the R420 and NV40 debut. Besides, aside from the ultra high-end $500 segment, which I can't afford, I'm much more interested in the mainstream, and those are still all going to be 4 pipeline parts. IMO this is such a hot deal now that it'll still be a very competitive price in 2 months.

I orderd one also. It ships in a month so if I see prices tumbling on the XT line then I may cancel it and get one of those. Thanks for the link.

How are the quality of VisionTek cards? At this price I probably shouldn't even ask, but I've never had experience with them...do they tend to burn out or something? It does seem a bit cheap...

I've had a Visiontek gf 4400 for almost 2 years now and its been great. This was back before they went under and came back again. But I wouldn't hesitate to order one (and didn't), especially at this price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back