Amazing Price! Rosewill THOR V2 (Massive) Full Tower PC Case - $59.99 Shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still using this beast. Bought 2001.
20210721_131209.jpg

My first Nvidia was a BFG 6800.

My first and last BFG card was a 9800GTX OCX card, lasted me a couple years and died. Was going to send it in for a RMA, but the went under before I could....glad I didnt end up loosing my card like a lot of people did.

My first and last BFG card was a 9800GTX OCX card, lasted me a couple years and died. Was going to send it in for a RMA, but the went under before I could....glad I didnt end up loosing my card like a lot of people did.

I never purchased a BFG card brand new, but I have owned a 9800GTX+ and a GTX 275 from them, I had a pretty good experience with both of the cards. I might still have the 9800GTX+ somwhere..........

This is the first case that I built a computer for myself in circa 2010 or 2011. It got super rusty running a system in my garage years later, but is still camping out in a closet because I don't want to throw it away. It really is a great case. There's plenty of space, super quiet, built in fan controllers for an easy zero noise system, etc, etc...

I was going to type out a response, went back, reread the thread, and found my previous post from about 20 months ago. After recycling probably about 60 various PC cases this year, this case is still camping out in an upstairs closet simply due to nostalgia. Will I ever use it, doubtful, but I also still have my first P4 computer that I bought in 2001-2002.

I was going to type out a response, went back, reread the thread, and found my previous post from about 20 months ago. After recycling probably about 60 various PC cases this year, this case is still camping out in an upstairs closet simply due to nostalgia. Will I ever use it, doubtful, but I also still have my first P4 computer that I bought in 2001-2002.
I have a p4 2.0 Ghz that I remember salivating over back in what was it 2000 coz I couldn't afford it...got it from MC in 2013 (probably my last trip to the SoCal one) because I needed it as a filler for the $4.99 price and a reminder of how far we'd come (then), probably gonna be in my closet for ever :)

I have a p4 2.0 Ghz that I remember salivating over back in what was it 2000 coz I couldn't afford it...got it from MC in 2013 (probably my last trip to the SoCal one) because I needed it as a filler for the $4.99 price and a reminder of how far we'd come (then), probably gonna be in my closet for ever :)
The whole PC was from CompUSA that also no longer exists (P4, ECS 478 motherboard, 512MB of ram). The P4 machine was used until I built the 2500k computer in the Thor V2 mentioned earlier. Amusingly, I actually used the P4 machine about 7 years ago to configure an older Cisco switch because the motherboard had a physical serial port. It turned into jumping through hoops as the original HDD died, I had to replace it with another one, install Xubuntu 11.04, and then configure the switch.

Thread started in 2019, so I'm guessing the coupon code is no longer good. lol.

Nice case though. Get a couple 3x5.25 to 4x3.5 hot-swap cages, and this makes a good tower server/NAS build.

I currently use 2 of these:
16-132-037-Z01.jpg

in one of these:
Evolution-6.png
Evolution-4.png

Can have a total of 12 3.5" HDDs inside, and one 2.5/3.5" SATA drive on top. The top one is used for HDD testing or data recovery though.
cougar_evolution_midi_015.jpg

My last BFG was a pair of 275 OC's I got from MC super cheap on closeout when they announced they were kaput.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back