AM4 Motherboard Suggestions

Durvelle27

2[H]4U
Hey guys i can't decide which board to go with. My choices are MSI B350M Gaming Pro or ASUS B350 Prime Plus with the gaming pro being cheaper.

Which would you guys suggest ?

I'm not to sure about either of them. what you really need to look at is the ram and what processor are you going to run?
In the cpu section you can check the AM4 bios thread.

The current B350 boards might not be suited for when you start overclocking the R5 1600 the VRM on those boards need cooling. You might want to checkout the flareX that should work out.

The current B350 boards might not be suited for when you start overclocking the R5 1600 the VRM on those boards need cooling. You might want to checkout the flareX that should work out.
But the B350s are any different than most X370s

They tend to have beefier VRM and some board have better cooling on them there is a difference where you can not run 8 cores on the B350 without going through some cooling solution as mvmiller12 did ..

Chew (this person is well known in the AMD overclocker community) did a test on several boards (X370 and B350) And came to this conclusion on the current B350 boards:

They tend to have beefier VRM and some board have better cooling on them there is a difference where you can not run 8 cores on the B350 without going through some cooling solution as mvmiller12 did ..

Chew (this person is well known in the AMD overclocker community) did a test on several boards (X370 and B350) And came to this conclusion on the current B350 boards:

I didn't hear a conclusion especially for the 1600

I would go for B350 either MSI or Asrock, not Asus, it seems their VRMs are shit on the 350. :(
If you pair with a high end Ryzen, go with X370!

B350 for ryzen 5 and X370 for 7.
But on the B350 my pick would be the fatal1ty.

Alright guys in need of another AM4 board for a Ryzen 1700

My options are

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
MSI X370 Krait
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
ASUS Prime X370-Pro

Anyone have experience with any of these models ?

The k4 is eol i think, replaced by the gaming x. From what I understand it's not a bad board, but don't expect too much support in the future if you decide to get it.

My options are

MSI X370 Krait
ASUS Prime X370-Pro

Depends on what you want. If you wanted to overclock your 1700 and have faster ram (3200 or higher). If you are getting no replies (or not enough) I suggest checking out some of the official support forums for some feedback on the things you want to do with your new setup.This thread it has the bios listed for some of the boards you are considering and some people posted their experience with the new bios upgrades.
https://hardforum.com/threads/bios-updates-for-am4-motherboards.1926476/

If it makes a difference, I am very fond of my R7 1700 OC to 3.8G with 2933 RAM on my Asus Prime B350-Plus. Newest BIOS has resolved most issues with RAM compatibility, and this board seems to have suffered less "weird" issues than the Crosshair 6.

Depends on what you want. If you wanted to overclock your 1700 and have faster ram (3200 or higher). If you are getting no replies (or not enough) I suggest checking out some of the official support forums for some feedback on the things you want to do with your new setup.This thread it has the bios listed for some of the boards you are considering and some people posted their experience with the new bios upgrades.
https://hardforum.com/threads/bios-updates-for-am4-motherboards.1926476/
Of course I want to overclock :D
If it makes a difference, I am very fond of my R7 1700 OC to 3.8G with 2933 RAM on my Asus Prime B350-Plus. Newest BIOS has resolved most issues with RAM compatibility, and this board seems to have suffered less "weird" issues than the Crosshair 6.
B350 not an option

Was responding to your initial post - did not realize you had changed your parameters. My primary motiviation for getting the Asus board is that I wanted PCI slots and it was 1 of only 2 Ryzen boards to offer any (the other being MSI). I can't really speak to any X370 boards as I don't have any.

Was responding to your initial post - did not realize you had changed your parameters. My primary motiviation for getting the Asus board is that I wanted PCI slots and it was 1 of only 2 Ryzen boards to offer any (the other being MSI). I can't really speak to any X370 boards as I don't have any.
Well I have a MSI B350M Gaming Pro but decided to go Dual GPUs which isn't possible on B350 that's why I reupped this thread

My options are

MSI X370 Krait
ASUS Prime X370-Pro

From what I been following it looks like the Gaming from Asrock might be having a slight edge, specially if you overclock.

What is your budget?
Ryzen 7 + OCing + multiple gpus = x370.

I wouldn't rule out Biostar if costs are a concern for X370 boards. Look at Dan's review on the GT7.

Back