AM2 Availability??

Rhitick

Weaksauce
Argh I hate launches...was talking to a wholesaler and they said that AM2 was a special order and was 2-3 weeks???

Bah I wanted to upgrade before the weekend :p

AM2 parts are available from newegg and monarch last time I checked (there's even a banner on the side I'm looking at while typing this saying Socket AM2 CPU's, combos, and barebones from Monarch :p .

yup ready to buy... my bro got a 3400+ and MSI mobo... said 1 day to ship

HOLY COW, FX62, X2 5000+, etc... What a jaw dropping new Generation! I'll wait until AM3... j/k

noobtech said:
What a jaw dropping new Generation!
It's not really a new generation at all. It's the same chips with a new mem-ctrlr and a new socket. Interesting, but not really "exciting".

Gah then Ingram Micro is the suck...

And the 5000+ isnt anything special..im upgrading to AM2 to get dual core and K8L when it ships :)

For the time being conroe will beat am2. but when christmas time rolls around am2 is gonna be back on top.

FLAWLESS said:
would a conroe intel be a better gaming machine than am2?
yes, but this is a question about AM2 availability, not which chip is faster. i'd hope by this point everyone realizes that AM2 offers very little benefit over s939 at this point, but at the same time, conroe is still a ways off ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:
yes, but this is a question about AM2 availability, not which chip is faster. i'd hope by this point everyone realizes that AM2 offers very little benefit over s939 at this point, but at the same time, conroe is still a ways off ;)

8 Weeks, July 23.

Donnie27 said:
8 Weeks, July 23.
yup, and guess what's on the way to my house as we speak?

:D

obvious hint:
K9N plat + 3400+ sempron + 256mb crucial value for temp use

yep i was going to jump on the am2 train with the am2 4000+ but same price you can get the E6600 conroe ... so i think ill just use what i got till then :)

Anyone seen any of the 65W X2s show up?
Or any of the lower power (65W or 35W) chips yet?

(cf)Eclipse said:
yup, and guess what's on the way to my house as we speak?

:D

obvious hint:
K9N plat + 3400+ sempron + 256mb crucial value for temp use

Only 256MB?

Athlon64 AM2 3000+ Orleans core 1.8Ghz, 512k cache 2000Mhz HTT at $119

Sempron AM2 3400+ Manila core 1.8Ghz, 256K cache 1600Mhz HTT .. $119

What gives? Why dose the chip with less cach and less HTT get a higher rateing??? PLEASE ELIGHTEN ME!!!!!!!!!!

I(illa Bee said:

What gives? Why dose the chip with less cach and less HTT get a higher rateing??? PLEASE ELIGHTEN ME!!!!!!!!!!

Because they're rated by brand? Athlon != Sempron.

I(illa Bee said:

I just noticed this, and I'm wondering why ya diddn't get the A64 3000+? :confused: And Ozzi has more than that 256MB stick on the way...trust me, It'll be fun to see what he ends up with. :D I know I'm stoked.

Chops said:
Because they're rated by brand? Athlon != Sempron.

naw that still dosnt make sence...semprons are the same, they jsut have less cache, no? and now aperently a lower LTD multiplyer... (as if any of us use the 5x anyway)

There arnt any current semprons(s754) that have a higher rateing and lower specs than the Athlon line up..

tsuehpsyde said:
I just noticed this, and I'm wondering why ya diddn't get the A64 3000+? :confused: And Ozzi has more than that 256MB stick on the way...trust me, It'll be fun to see what he ends up with. :D I know I'm stoked.

who is ozzy?

I(illa Bee said:
naw that still dosnt make sence...semprons are the same, they jsut have less cache, no? and now aperently a lower LTD multiplyer... (as if any of us use the 5x anyway)

There arnt any current semprons(s754) that have a higher rateing and lower specs than the Athlon line up..

That's untrue, look at a S754 Sempron 3400+ and a S754 Athlon 64 3000+, both run at 2 GHz, Sempron has half the cache but a higher model number just like the AM2.

The numbers aren't really an indication of overall performance in my mind, they are model numbers and tell you relative performance when compared to other products in the same line.

What I mean is that you don't cross-compare an Athlon rating to a Sempron rating. AMD's PR's are set up so that its only comparable to the same brand. Ie: Athlon to Athlon.

Argh, ive been hijacked!

Has anyone seen chip availability other then on e-tailers?

I(illa Bee said:

i ordered it before the 3000+ showed up. :(
oh well. i plan on replacing the cpu in not too long anyway.

donnie, yes. 256mb. i have my reasons. i have better stuff on the way soon anyway, as tsue said. everyone will see soon enough. and yes, i'm only not telling yet cause i'm an asshole

Rhitick, nope. not yet. i find that "real" stores are often much slower at getting things in stock.

(cf)Eclipse said:

donnie, yes. 256mb. i have my reasons. i have better stuff on the way soon anyway, as tsue said. everyone will see soon enough. and yes, i'm only not telling yet cause i'm an asshole

Rhitick, nope. not yet. i find that "real" stores are often much slower at getting things in stock.

256mb stick of BH5 and a straight 3.3v line to the memory? maybe an overvolted 3.3v line at that

MOZZ said:
yep i was going to jump on the am2 train with the am2 4000+ but same price you can get the E6600 conroe ... so i think ill just use what i got till then :)
awesome! Gimme a link, I am itching to buy one. Got the CC ready right here... *woot* Intel here I come again!

oh wait, wasn't this thread about AM2 availability and nothing else

Rhitick said:
Argh, ive been hijacked!

Has anyone seen chip availability other then on e-tailers?
unlike that it would appear this soon. Considering that I believe that very few processors are bought in B&M stores.

I(illa Bee said:
256mb stick of BH5 and a straight 3.3v line to the memory? maybe an overvolted 3.3v line at that
too bad bh-5 s ddr1 and not ddr2 ;)
but yes, something like that is the plan. hopefully i won't have to vmod my msi, but we'll see. even ~2.5-2.8v should be plenty :p

drizz, i hate to tell you, but 62w is standard for the single core chips ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:

Since I don't know what you have I was just curious that's all. :)

Donnie27 said:
Since I don't know what you have I was just curious that's all. :)
i know <3

should show up monday. silly ups taking fridays off or something. the package has been about 10 miles away from me all day :mad:

(cf)Eclipse said:
i know <3

should show up monday. silly ups taking fridays off or something. the package has been about 10 miles away from me all day :mad:
monday is memorial day. I doubt that it will be at your doorstep.

er, doh. thought the 30th was monday. tuesday it is then. makes me even more angry

(cf)Eclipse said:
er, doh. thought the 30th was monday. tuesday it is then. makes me even more angry

I look forward what you have to say when you get it.

Donnie27 said:
I look forward what you have to say when you get it.
thanks, though i'm doubting the performance will be better than my 146 i have now, other than in things like sandra memory bench :p

(cf)Eclipse said:
thanks, though i'm doubting the performance will be better than my 146 i have now, other than in things like sandra memory bench :p

But memory performance is one of the things I'm interested in.

Back