Am I the only one ...

canon.tk

Limp Gawd
who's atkexcomsvc service has a memory leak? I've had it hit 1 gig before.

Running a P8P67 Deluxe, Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I've installed, uninstalled, patched the AI suite, etc and it still does it.

Anyone?

Yes I'm running the AI suite from the website and tried the one that came on the B3 CD.

I am having the memory leak as well. I have a ASUS Sabertooth P67 motherboard running Win7 Professional x64 with the newest version of AI suite II (Version 1.01.14). I happen to notice it once it started taking up over 200mb of ram. And i just found a link to a newer version (1.01.24) on the ASUS forums and will try that when i get home. Here is the address if you would like to try it. I'll try it when I get home from work and post my results after. ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/misc/utils/AISuite_II_V10124_XPVistaWin7.zip

I am having the memory leak as well. I have a ASUS Sabertooth P67 motherboard running Win7 Professional x64 with the newest version of AI suite II (Version 1.01.14). I happen to notice it once it started taking up over 200mb of ram. And i just found a link to a newer version (1.01.24) on the ASUS forums and will try that when i get home. Here is the address if you would like to try it. I'll try it when I get home from work and post my results after. ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/misc/utils/AISuite_II_V10124_XPVistaWin7.zip

Faster link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/AISuite_II_V10124_XPVistaWin7.zip

Let me know how it goes, so I can update my thread.

Well I got the new version installed and running. But the atkexComSvc.exe is still leaking memory. It starterd out with taking up just 6mb of RAM and in less than 24hrs it is up to 59mb and counting. So looks like right now the only solution is to totally rip out the software or to reboot. This sucks because i really like the asus temperature and fan sensors. If you happen to find a solution, please let me know.

add me to the list...

is it Ai Suite or AI Charger? Because I just uninstalled Ai Suite and atkex is still running...

Did anybody every figure this out? Mine is currently using a 1,043,996 KB of memory....

Why even use Asus software? In addition to memory leaks it introduces high DPC latency to the system and can't properly be uninstalled. I strongly recommend avoiding it.

I've got a P8Z68 V Pro and I don't see any atkexcomsvc service :O

Maybe its only for P67.. which is weird as hell. Anyhow my AI suite works perfectly fine, really handy too, adjust OCs and test em in windows.

Maybe its only for P67.. which is weird as hell. Anyhow my AI suite works perfectly fine, really handy too, adjust OCs and test em in windows.

Thats the exact motherboard I have. Definitely not only P67. It's ASUS's lazy software writing.

Check your resource monitor, it won't show up in processes. Organize by memory used.

The service in services.msc is also named "asus com service" or something slightly different i believe.

Press the "Show processes from all users" button to see it.

For me with a P8Z68 Pro, it takes 19MB after several days. Haven't looked after a system restart.

Have a P8Z68 Deluxe Gen3 with the same issue. Today I noticed things were lagging, saw I was running low on memory and sure enough atkexComSvc was using up over 850MB! Still no fix?

Have a P8Z68 Deluxe Gen3 with the same issue. Today I noticed things were lagging, saw I was running low on memory and sure enough atkexComSvc was using up over 850MB! Still no fix?

No fix as far as I know, I've been back and forth with ASUS several times, I have to end it every few days or it will be over 850 as well.

If restarting the process solves the memory leak, you could have task scheduler run a .bat file to restart it.

Enter the following into the .BAT file.
Code:
net stop “atkexcomsvc”
net start “atkexcomsvc”

I'm using the one that came on the disc with my Sabertooth P67 and after about 12 hours of uptime mine is using 5.1MB of RAM. Just out of curiosity, is anything "broken" in earlier versions that requires an update? Mine seems to work great.

When you guys say "memory leak".....does that mean that a certain process is using ram memory for no apparent reason? And there is no way to shut that process off?

Okay, after searching high and low for a solution to the incredible atkexComSvc memory hog, I ran across this thread. I started with the "net start/stop atkexcomsvc" post and tried to get it to work in Windows 7 x64. It didn't work like I'd hoped, so I continued to dig. I'll spare you the details of the search, but this is what worked for me:

1) Create a text file, then rename it to MemoryHog.vbs -- you choose the name.
2) Paste the following in the text file:
Code:
'Restart the HOG
strServiceName = "asComSvc"
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\.\root\cimv2")
Set colListOfServices = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Service Where Name ='" & strServiceName & "'")
For Each objService in colListOfServices
    objService.StopService()
    objService.StartService()
Next
3) Move the text file to the folder of your choosing. I put mine in a folder named "C:\Batch"
4) Set up a new task in Task Scheduler (in Control Panel under Administrative Tools). Asus had set up a folder for itself (Task Scheduler (Local) > Task Scheduler Library > ASUS"), so I made a new task there...
5) Name your new task (I chose "ASUS Memory Hog Killer").
6) Triggers: 3am, 9am, 3pm and 9pm worked for me
7) Actions: Start a program... "C:\Batch\MemoryHog.vbs"
8) Settings: Allow task to be run on demand, Stop the task if it runs longer than 30 seconds, If the running task does not end when requested, force it to stop.

Test it to be sure it runs properly: open the task manager, find the process atkexComSvc and highlight it. Now run the task by clicking on the Run button in Task Scheduler. You should see atkexComSvc briefly disappear, then reappear without the huge amount of wasted memory.

That's it. No more memory hog. FWIW, I timed the increase in memory size of the atkexComSvc process: it eats almost exactly 1k of memory for each second that it runs. But no more: every 6 hours, my trusty vbs file slays the hog and eats it for dinner. Not a peep from AI Suite II, unlike when I killed the atkexComSvc process manually.

Maybe someday, Asus will hire a team of talented programmers. Until then, "run, Forrest, run"! Hope this is of use to someone.

tsmith35 Thank you for the fix. It dropped my memory hog from 950MB to 6MB.

I had trouble with the scheduler until I noticed that I had to select Windows 7 on the General Tab page. :)

tsmith35 Thank you for the fix. It dropped my memory hog from 950MB to 6MB.

I had trouble with the scheduler until I noticed that I had to select Windows 7 on the General Tab page. :)

Thank you for the post. I'm glad I could help at least one other person. :) atkexComSvc is using 24.8 mb, but at 3am, it'll be back to baseline. Computer uptime so far is 15+ days. Before the scheduler fix, atkexComSvc would have been at about 1.5 gb. lol

Yeah, I have 16 gb of memory available, but that doesn't mean I want to waste it on a background utility... "waste not, want not"

Running P8z77-v-lx and it is an issue also here. It appears to build over time with EPU running. It was using 165,000k + ram and I was irked.(Possibly relates to the ungoing total of co2 saved) That is just speculation.
This work around worked for me. Close the app., sleep the system -- upon awakening it is sitting at about 2,200 - that I can live with.. This may indicate that the app is doing what it is supposed to, running in background, to and not being a hog about it.
CHEERS

Back