Am I the only one sitting BF3 out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sitting it out because of EA's policy of suspending users access to their purchased products if they get suspended from a forum (contrary to what they said after the DA2 incident, it is STILL happening). That and I refuse to support EA's "quality assurance" (or lack thereof) when it comes to testing their patches.

I'm all for banning trolls from the game, if that's all they do on forums is troll people. However, for every one banned two pop up in it's place it seems. Can't wait to play when I get home from work! Dice released R5 and R6 2 days apart, so that tells me they are working hard to fix issues.

The purpose of the game doesn't take away from which game you chose. How you can even attempt to argue differently is beyond me.
No, the purpose of a game doesn't take away from which you choose, but some people like to act like they're some kind of fucking saint for not buying from company X as if they're sticking it to the man unlike all these noobs with no standards who are only after instant gratification... as if that actually means anything significant and as if they are gaming for any purpose other than instant gratification themselves.

I don't require your approval of the choices I made, nor do I care what you do. What I know is that in my mind I did the right thing by not giving EA money, and that's all that matters to me.
Ummm, ok? Maybe you have some comprehension problems and missed the bit where I said "go right ahead, that's your choice in this wonderfully free western world that we live in".

I was never arguing your decision to not buy the game. If you dont want the game, dont buy it, no worries. What I was arguing about was how silly it is when people start making comments like these ones you made...

TBH, that's what's wrong with the world in general. People are perfectly willing to overlook larger issues just as long as one's immediate need for instant gratification is met.
Umm, there's no link between game purchasing choices and the problems of the world. If there is a link between gaming and world problems, its gaming as a whole and not some tiny insignificant thing like someone's choice to buy or not buy 1 single game.
Time to invoke Godwin's law by saying that Hitler wasn't half bad because he gave people jobs, built the Autobahn, and mandated that German's automotive industry create a car that was affordable (under 1,000 Reichsmark, VW was born) for every German.
Using an example of a genocidal maniac in the context of gaming?
Too many people these days are willing to sell out their principles (or don't have any to begin with) for some hours of mind-numbing entertainment.
I find it laughable people talk about principles in the context of buying games.

You dont want to buy the game because you feel opressed by the evil tyrranical rule of a game publisher who you have complete freedom to either buy from or ignore, cool, like I said in my original post, go for it. That was never what I was contesting, I was contesting the way you made links between gaming choices and world problems, likened it to a Nazi regime and that people are somehow selling out their principles buying buying a certain game over another.

You must have a very closed view of the world if you think that people don't have principles and scruples about what products they choose to spend their money on.

Well I went to install origin tonight to buy some BF3.

First it wouldn't install to the directory I gave it. Googled and it leaves a '/' on the end of the directory. Amateur problem, they should have caught that right away in testing, but whatever.

So I install it and it wants to install an update right away. Sure! Then it wants to install that update again. And again. Endless loop. Needless to say I did not buy the game.

Complete fail. Bravo, EA shitheads. Bravo.

I for one and playing only BF3 right now. I haven't fired up another game since launch, and have no plans of changing it. I needed a game like this in my life.

Umm, there's no link between game purchasing choices and the problems of the world. If there is a link between gaming and world problems,
There is a link between buying products without consideration beyond the product itself and world problems.

Using an example of a genocidal maniac in the context of gaming? I find it laughable people talk about principles in the context of buying games.
I find it sad that you missed the obvious exaggeration for dramatic effect. I didn't think that EA not being Hitler had to be explained as it was a given.

You dont want to buy the game because you feel opressed by the evil tyrranical rule of a game publisher who you have complete freedom to either buy from or ignore, cool, like I said in my original post, go for it. That was never what I was contesting, I was contesting the way you made links between gaming choices and world problems, likened it to a Nazi regime and that people are somehow selling out their principles buying buying a certain game over another.
Yet the bolded part is exactly what people are doing.
Especially on [H] you will find a large amount of EA bashing, often over issues that don't affect non-techy casual gamers, yet all the bashing only lasted as long as it took for them to release BF3 and all of a sudden it being an EA game was of no consequence anymore.

Either one believes in something or one doesn't. Changing one's view to fit the FOTM or all of a sudden overlooking issues one previously objected to just because the company managed to release a desirable product is a sign of either not having principles or willing to sacrifice them on a whim just to obtain something one wants at the time.

It doesn't matter that the product is "just" a video game. Not having a set of core values, or not adhering to them when it's inconvenient is a character trait that propagates through all areas of life, not just gaming.

I'm all for banning trolls from the game, if that's all they do on forums is troll people.
If EA considering trolling to be using the word "nazis" in a forum devoted to a WORLD WAR II game (as a friend of mine was banned for 3 days for doing so), thats just going too far.

I'm sitting Modern Warfare 3 out instead... that game turned into Madden with it's yearly cycle.

Well hell.

Apparently the wife thought I should own BF3. Sat down at my gaming PC and Origin is open with BF3 at 97%. Guess I am not sitting BF3 out anymore.....

More back on point. I see no reason of not waiting other than I like the francise. The bugs are pretty annoying, no matter how much of a fan boy you are there are many nagging issues with configuration and control, netcode and poor QC evals of server providers/hosts.

I still cant play on eyefinity and trifire (I have crossfirer and a single 20" working correctly right now) So I am hoping the newest patches from ATI and Dice can fix it so I can run my 6950 toxics and 2x20" Portaits...

Honestly waiting a month could be a very smart idea.

No, you're not the only one sitting out a shitty franchise of a game that has absolutely no appeal to me and some of the most laughable game mechanics I've seen in my 25+ years of gaming.

OBVIOUS ALERT: THIS IS AN OPINION AND NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU DISAGREE WITH IT IT'S INDISPUTABLE.

If I buy retail do I have to install origin?

Yes, you have to use Origin.
Origin is basically EA's version of Steam, just not as polished, or with as many features, and with the inevitable EA politics attached.

It does however have a better support apparatus than Steam.

No, you're not the only one sitting out a shitty franchise of a game that has absolutely no appeal to me and some of the most laughable game mechanics I've seen in my 25+ years of gaming.

OBVIOUS ALERT: THIS IS AN OPINION AND NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU DISAGREE WITH IT IT'S INDISPUTABLE.

Sounds like you're just old. Get off my lawn! ;)

I haven't bought BF3 yet, but will eventually. Probably get around to it in Nov/Dec.

Dark Souls has been taking up 95% of my gaming time.

I have nothing against the game personally, I just find it hard nowadays to buy the latest and greatest and get a run for my money's worth.

Plus, BF3 would probably rape my E8400 / HD4770 @ 1680x1050.

I felt a little let down with BC2, but that has to do with playstyle of teammates.

Am I insane/alone in this?

Edit regarding morons: This isn't a thread about boycotting. I am not boycotting EA or this game. Learn to read.

You are insane. And alone. You are now a leper among gamers. :eek:

will be playing bf3 for long long long time.

+1

BC2 was fun for a couple years; I expect BF3 to be similar, or better. The appeal of cod never lasted this long

"moneys worth"....you're kidding, right. 2 years of entertainment for $42 (for me; Amazon).

Most "true PC Gamers" complain about the really bad console ports being released lately and their poor functionality and game-play.
When a great game like this is released that requires you to have some good hardware to be able to play on the higher settings there are more complaints yet again. You can't have it both ways...
This is the way it used to be.New games required us to upgrade our hardware because of the new game engine, etc.
I have no complaints about having to do that and if more "true PC Games" like this one are released in the future I will upgrade again if I have to.

As in every new game release there are bugs here and there, but when it comes to BF3 my friend... You have no idea what you are missing.
This game is awesome and will only get better as BF2 did.

Get the game man and come off your deserted island.

Get the game man and come off your deserted island.

Fuck that, I'll stay right where I'm at. There are enough games to go around right now, I don't need to support EA's bullshit to get my gaming fix.

Fuck that, I'll stay right where I'm at. There are enough games to go around right now, I don't need to support EA's bullshit to get my gaming fix.

My thoughts exactly, I have a massive steam backlog which will take months to clear completely as well as many new PS3 games I'm trying to complete, it's not as though I'm stuck with nothing to do.

I couldn't really tell if he was being serious with the whole "white skin master race" part. Troll? Probably.

not even trolling. was on vent for a server for BF3 just last night. Here's how it went down.

Me: Tank at B, with repairer hiding behind it
Player A: whoa whoa what was that noise *giggle*
Player B: I don't know but i think i heard a ni**er ( something to that affect)
Me: oh boy here we go... wtf is your guys problem.

*Player A (whos on my team) spawns on me runs to a near by jeep, drives after me and jumps out right before the jeep runs me over*

Player A: *giggle* opps sorry
Me: whatever, just pay attention next time
Player A: *to someone else in vent* I think the jeeps just have ni**er seekers on them
Player B: i bet he's raging

*i get kicked by admin on the server*

*admin hops into our channel*

Admin: Okay i kicked the ni**er, is he still in vent?
Player C: Yeah, He mad ( i cant remember everything her said after than)

*Kicked from vent*
*Vent message: Stop being a ni**er*

needless to say i wont be playing with "Insane Gamers Asylum" anymore

last night i also played conquest on Seine crossing. Someone had brought a tank right outside the uncap and was able to fire rounds into it. killing us as we spawned. The other team had all the caps. Someone else started calling his whole team baddies because we had no cap. I spoke up and said. "Well we cant even leave our base with this tank here. We need people to rpg it". His response to that was to tk me and two other people for "not capping anything'

so no, im not trolling nor lying. Stating that things like this never happen is like stating racism no longer exists. Just because you may not see it doesn't mean it never happens.

Stop playing on TK servers if that's such a big issue to you.

Stop going in vent with random strangers and then get butt hurt because some idiots on the internet are immature.

I'm Asian and I've NEVER had the issues that you're speaking of in online games.

not even trolling. was on vent for a server for BF3 just last night. Here's how it went down.

Me: Tank at B, with repairer hiding behind it
Player A: whoa whoa what was that noise *giggle*
Player B: I don't know but i think i heard a ni**er ( something to that affect)
Me: oh boy here we go... wtf is your guys problem.

*Player A (whos on my team) spawns on me runs to a near by jeep, drives after me and jumps out right before the jeep runs me over*

Player A: *giggle* opps sorry
Me: whatever, just pay attention next time
Player A: *to someone else in vent* I think the jeeps just have ni**er seekers on them
Player B: i bet he's raging

*i get kicked by admin on the server*

*admin hops into our channel*

Admin: Okay i kicked the ni**er, is he still in vent?
Player C: Yeah, He mad ( i cant remember everything her said after than)

*Kicked from vent*
*Vent message: Stop being a ni**er*

needless to say i wont be playing with "Insane Gamers Asylum" anymore

last night i also played conquest on Seine crossing. Someone had brought a tank right outside the uncap and was able to fire rounds into it. killing us as we spawned. The other team had all the caps. Someone else started calling his whole team baddies because we had no cap. I spoke up and said. "Well we cant even leave our base with this tank here. We need people to rpg it". His response to that was to tk me and two other people for "not capping anything'

so no, im not trolling nor lying. Stating that things like this never happen is like stating racism no longer exists. Just because you may not see it doesn't mean it never happens.

Sorry to hear that.

Lately I find myself playing on games and servers that are purely Brazilian, Portuguese, or Korean so even if they are being racist I've no clue what they are saying though frankly it seems mostly an American thing. I used to hang out with a clan of eastern Europeans and those guys don't even know how to be mean.

That's why I dont bother with voice chat unless I actually know the people on the other end.

Even when I am talking to my friends, if someone else was listening in on the chat they could easily mistake us for moronic noobs... here in Australia people tend to be pretty laid back and easy going, even when I'm playing "serious" with my friends, we'll be joking with each other and swearing at each other all in jest. We'll call each other names which an outsider might hear and consider abusive/racist, but none of us would care either way, we're just teasing and having our own little in house joke session.

But still, I avoid voice chats with random people like the plague. One of the first options I hit when starting up a game "mute voice chat". If I dont know you, I really dont want to hear you.

I've stopped joining random vent servers ever since Xbox Live years ago before the 360 came out thanks to dick farmers that spew all sorts of garbage. I have thick skin but it's just annoying to deal with.

I haven't had any asshat BF3 server stuff in text format that was horrible, at least anything I can think of besides people screaming at each other to get/project A/B and stop playing TDM, which there's a lot of people doing on most servers. Then again there's a lot of servers out there. I hear [H] has some severs. Be nice to me if you see me on there, don't shoot me too badly! :D

Stop playing on TK servers if that's such a big issue to you.

Stop going in vent with random strangers and then get butt hurt because some idiots on the internet are immature.

I'm Asian and I've NEVER had the issues that you're speaking of in online games.

so am i (half anyways), but with my deep voice they assume im black and fire away. Also i would say i get butthurt, i just avoid them and play elsewhere.

I tried playing one of the BF games and it was so horribly programmed I found it to be unplayable and lost interest in the series.

I tried playing one of the BF games and it was so horribly programmed I found it to be unplayable and lost interest in the series.

I know, just yesterday I kept clicking mouse1 to fire and all that happened was "Hello world" displayed on my screen!

I was against playing BF3 because it wasn't on steam, but took a chance & Orgin hasn't been all that bad for me. As for BF3 I really like this game. I believe a lot of you are missing out on some decent game time.

Let us not forget that in Operation Metro we are still falling into the MAP.

Are we still playing a beta?

Im a huge BF fan so 1 shit map doesnt bother me , but it should be fixed ASAP!

Joining Random Vent/TS is asking for trouble.

Yeah, anonymity brings out the worst in people quite often, particularly gamers. Not much you can do but just associate with friends and servers with good admins. The only game I ever would join random vent servers was WOW, and if any of that bullshit happened, my friend and I would leave - and lose their best tank and healer, which was kinda satisfying. ;)

I thoroughly enjoy the Battlefield series, to each his own if someone decides not to participate in this awesome game.

For thos eon the fence about Origin.

I was totally anti-origin, than after seeing what they did with Battlelog, it started looking ok. I purchased the game day one, and I actually enjoy Battlelog. Origin really doesnt get in the way to much and Battlelog runs quick enough that it truly is not a nuesence.

I will keep my steam, but for BF3, I dont mind using Origin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back