Am I the only one excited about Stronghold 3?

I put it on my Steam wishlist for when I win the contest (positive thinking!). Never played the first 2 but it looks like it could be fun.

I've been playing the MMO called Stronghold Kingdoms, it's actually a neat little time waster :)

Stronghold 1 was fun, hated stronghold 2. If they can make 3 more like 1, i'd like it. Love the idea of a middle age sim game, but stronghold always had to throw tons of attackers at you, which made actually building anything tough.

For a middle aged town sim, i actually prefer "knights and merchants" which can be had from GoG for cheap.

the first stronghold was awsome, stronghold2 sucked balls. I heard they were going back to basics with this one and I can't fucking wait. it has to be great since 2 was so damn bad, they need to redeem themselves with a proper sequel. not sure why they waited so long though, it's not like there's huge competition for medieval castle builder/rts sims. release is set for sometime this fall.

Holy shit, fapfapfapfap, stronghold 3? fapfapfapfa how did i miss this??!??! fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

"Mmmmm. Double rations!"

Stronghold is a timeless game, i'll be checking out Stronghold 3 for sure.

Didnt even know they made a 2!

Stronghold (1) was awesome and I enjoyed it.

The prospect of pouring scalding hot oil on people from the tops of walls and watching them scream in pain always tickles my fancy. :p

Should be a lot of fun, I just wish turtling with AIs would be more fun. It's always too easy to hold them off in Stronghold 2 once I have moats and double walls up (they attack one at a time...)

I've been sort of craving a Stronghold game recently... I can't play the first two because of the resolution =/
Here's to hoping this one lives up to those games and not the last two crappers.

game unlocks in the states tomorrow, horrible reception for eu release so far. seems they cut a bunch of features and really screwed up the castle building, with tiny maps and terrible balance. and NO CO-OP, the steam store page is wrong. skirmish not being included and they say no plans to add it later.

user review (english) for german release:
http://www.fireflyworlds.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=271&func=view&id=13659&catid=45

sh3 let's play (german) first half dozen or so missions:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Isildor1990

wow, i was going to by it today, but after seeing that review, i think i will wait for it to hit the bargain bin, which probably won't be very long...

good lord, what were they thinking? no coop? no skirmishes?

The maps were not big enough in SH2...always hemmed in...I got bored

same, I was even about to pre-order for the $30 deal at gmg. so glad they did a staggered release, now going to wait for at least a patch or 2 as well to see what they do with it.

maybe they gutted this for dlc? it's the only way to explain the crap being released here. got to be holding out for an expansion or something, I mean it's not like they're saying the game is actually bad, just really not finished or missing things that should have been included.

Back