Am I missing the scam here?

if its that easy why even bother checking with the other store? Sounds like they just need to send something with tracking to do the scam. Is it under 700 or 750 to avoid something? IIRC there was some requirement from sites when it got to a certain $ value.
I don't need to get more paranoid about online purchases.

My guess is it's because the scamming seller is not in the states. Trying to ship something themselves from a foreign country means they have to declare what it is. Leaves more of a paper trail, and probably more likely that etsy would rule in favor of the buyer when an item that was supposed to ship from the US instead ships from a foreign country. Buying a cheap item means the item ships from the US and adds the appearance of legitimacy on the sellers end.

Been seeing some prices like this on Ebay the past few weeks. Lot of 3090's being sold in the $700-800 range. (Mainly from Eastern Europe) Fortunately, Ebay seems to get rid of them fairly quick from what it looks like.

Been seeing some prices like this on Ebay the past few weeks. Lot of 3090's being sold in the $700-800 range. (Mainly from Eastern Europe) Fortunately, Ebay seems to get rid of them fairly quick from what it looks like.
Eastern Europe has such a well-deserved reputation for honest sellers and complete security for credit card transactions. :ROFLMAO:

Reminds me of this site I saw called Group Spree that had 3090's for like $700 claiming "wholesale, buying in bulk". Didn't really look legit to me.

Back