Am I ever going to be able to activate this Win10 (final) that I installed yesterday?

Sikpupi

Limp Gawd
Did a fresh install as my windows 8.1 finally gave up. It's pestering me to activate but I don't have a key. Can I use any of my Windows 8 pro keys? Some are OEM and some retail.

Cheers!

On a whim I tried a key (Windows 8 PRO) I got with a Dell system board replacement and it worked...

Heh nice and easy after all.

From what I am reading Windows 10 rtm will only activate as an upgrade install over a legitimately activated install of Windows 7, 8.1, or an earlier Insider Preview build. And it's activation is cloud based (No product key required). Once it is properly activated I believe you can then do a clean install and it will reactivate through the cloud.

I'm not convinced 10240 is RTM. I would not be installing it then hoping to activate after release.

Once 10 does finally ship and you are activated with the Win10 upgrade, at that time you can do a clean install.

I'm not convinced 10240 is RTM. I would not be installing it then hoping to activate after release.

I dont think so either. Reason being I saw on another forum a horde of people all using the same MS supplied key to activate 10240. That points to it still being a beta.

I dont think so either. Reason being I saw on another forum a horde of people all using the same MS supplied key to activate 10240. That points to it still being a beta.

it is rtm but there will be day one patches to fix things that show up in the next 11 days the key thing is likely a bug or a feature.

it is rtm but there will be day one patches to fix things that show up in the next 11 days the key thing is likely a bug or a feature.
If it's RTM how come people are activating it with Insider keys?

Big oversight by Microsoft.:rolleyes:

If it's RTM how come people are activating it with Insider keys?

Big oversight by Microsoft.:rolleyes:

last i heard insiders are going to be able to continue and furthermore they will likely keep the ring systems and be pushed beta builds and beta patches going forward. Makes sense free windows to people who choose to have a volatile system that a patch could crash at any moment...

Those who like to play it safe run regular rtm
those who like to have a little risk join the insider slow ring
those who like to live on a razors edge take the fast ring...

Last edited:
last i herd insiders are going to be able to continue and furthermore they will likely keep the ring systems and be pushed beta builds and beta patches going forward. Makes sense free windows to people who choose to have a volatile system that a patch could crash at any moment...

Fast ring for my 6 year old ... nothing but the latest and hopefully greatest for my little girl!

last i heard insiders are going to be able to continue and furthermore they will likely keep the ring systems and be pushed beta builds and beta patches going forward. Makes sense free windows to people who choose to have a volatile system that a patch could crash at any moment...

I would agree that 10240 would probably be as close to RTM as you can get ... in the Insiders branch. It's not the version non-insiders will want to use.

I would agree that 10240 would probably be as close to RTM as you can get ... in the Insiders branch. It's not the version non-insiders will want to use.

but it is the version that is getting pushed out like i said before this is what oems are getting to bloat up and set up for preload there will be day one patches to fix the last minute bugs and there will likely be one more final update before they press discs of this...

it should be thought of as a release candidate...

Back