Am I crazy for thinking about getting a Dell 5K Glossy UP2715K used? Just love that gloss

Trojita

n00b
So I've been on the Ultrawide life with a U3415W Dell Ultra Wide but I just love the look of glossy displays like Apple Displays and most high end TV's. I don't know if it would be crazy to forsake gsync and high hz, which I haven't tried yet or to not wait for HDR monitors to come out and become semi-affordable. I also know that a 5K display can be hard to power, I have a 980 TI, but from what I read you can play games at 1440p and it scales pretty well at 2x?

Have you ever had a glossy display before? How is the lighting in your room or wherever? Do you plan to use the computer only for game, with lights off, etc? The reflection from a glossy display would never work for me, as I have overhead lighting and I use my PC for far more than just games. Make sure the lighting in your place would not reflect, or at least you are okay with it.

So I've been on the Ultrawide life with a U3415W Dell Ultra Wide but I just love the look of glossy displays like Apple Displays and most high end TV's. I don't know if it would be crazy to forsake gsync and high hz, which I haven't tried yet or to not wait for HDR monitors to come out and become semi-affordable. I also know that a 5K display can be hard to power, I have a 980 TI, but from what I read you can play games at 1440p and it scales pretty well at 2x?
You can play at any resolution but it won't look 'well' at anything than 5120x2880 because NV didn't implement integer scaling yet :banghead:

It is 77.7% more pixels to draw... such a happy number. Your 980Ti with 6GB VRAM will be very happy :D

The UP2715K is real nice for desktop use. I enjoyed mine. That insane PPI and lickable gloss. But those pixels are slow and demanding, so gaming with any type of content that requires reaction speed won't be too fun.

Have you ever had a glossy display before? How is the lighting in your room or wherever? Do you plan to use the computer only for game, with lights off, etc? The reflection from a glossy display would never work for me, as I have overhead lighting and I use my PC for far more than just games. Make sure the lighting in your place would not reflect, or at least you are okay with it.

Yeah I've had a laptop and stuff. I can control light and reflections can be controlled on my end.

You can play at any resolution but it won't look 'well' at anything than 5120x2880 because NV didn't implement integer scaling yet :banghead:

It is 77.7% more pixels to draw... such a happy number. Your 980Ti with 6GB VRAM will be very happy :D

Aa shit they dont' have integer scaling yet? Shit

The UP2715K is real nice for desktop use. I enjoyed mine. That insane PPI and lickable gloss. But those pixels are slow and demanding, so gaming with any type of content that requires reaction speed won't be too fun.

They are slow? Input lag or the pixels themselves shifting? Never heard of problems with the latter. I'm not usually playing anything competitive, mainly just single player stuff.

Back