Aluminum Really Can Improve Your Wireless Performance

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Get rid of that Pringles can and aluminum because you can now 3-D print a cheap, customized reflector that directs wireless signals to where users need them most. A team of Dartmouth College researchers has finally solved the problem of how to inexpensively improve indoor spaces with multiple rooms. According to the research team you can spend $35 on a wireless reflector that can be custom-built to outperform expensive antenna solutions. I don't know about anyone else, but this sounds like technology a lot of people could use in their homes. I use a mesh system to get good signal, but this sounds like a possible way to get the same results for less money.

Because the current design is limited by its static shape, the research team will now study reflectors made of different materials so that the device can automatically adapt its shape when the interior layout changes.

So, does this mean I can convert my tinfoil hat into something that REALLY works?

That depends. Was it made from Reynolds tin foil? They've been injecting intelligence gathering nanobots into their tinfoil for years as part of an NSA program. You'd just be giving the man what they want, more access to your information. The answers are out there, don't be blind to the information all around you, you just gotta subscribe man, you just gotta subscribe to it. Don't be fooled by the midgets dressed like Lady Gaga, they're spies for the illuminati.

:)

You mean that there's another brand besides Reynolds? I'm beginning to see what you mean!!!

Neat article, but it didn't list anything about actually making the reflector. It simply said you could...

Yeah! Even more ways for people to make all of our wifi more shitty!

I use a mesh system to get good signal, but this sounds like a possible way to get the same results for less money.

I use Ethernet cables to get good signal.

Everything wireless is and will always be inferior to everything wired.

I use Ethernet cables to get good signal.
Everything wireless is and will always be inferior to everything wired.
This. CAT5E will beat the sh*t out of any wireless, any day.
Also, the signal won't cut out when Azureth gets in the signal path ;)

iQEreWr.jpg

This. CAT5E will beat the sh*t out of any wireless, any day.
Also, the signal won't cut out when Azureth gets in the signal path ;)

iQEreWr.jpg

You should try Cat 6a and a 10gig adapter :D

I ran the ones in my walls years ago, so they are still Cat 5e. Not super long runs, so they are sufficient for gigabit.

I have a dedicated Cat 6a 10gig run going between my workstation and my NAS server in the basement though. Peaks at 1.2GB/s on occasion :p

We build a new house recently, and put CAT5E into every room. Don't need to stream - wirelessly.

I have a dedicated Cat 6a 10gig run going between my workstation and my NAS server in the basement though. Peaks at 1.2GB/s on occasion :p

THAT, sounds like a FIRE HAZARD!! :eek:

Back