Alternatives to the Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Corsair 600Q

Valset

Supreme [H]ardness
I need to replace my my current case and would love an updated version of it but Antec has not really done anything like it so I am going to have to look elsewhere as my AX1200 will not fit in there (Antec mirrored stainless steel, looks great but not so well designed) I have a few must have features:

1: No god damn side window. Why this should be hard I don't know. But I really don't need to see all my internals all the time and I rarely spend much time with cable management.

2: Dust filters. Like to keep as much out as possible.

3: Must allow for my AX12000 (obviously)

4: Good cooling. Using an antec kuhler 920 and will probably have two graphic cards at some point. Going to water at some point for the cards might be an option

5: Room to work. I have big hands and hate cramped cases.

6: Nothing really gaudy, some lights are OK but hardly needed.

7: I do need optical drives, at least 1.

So my top contenders at this point is either the enthoo pro or the Corsair 600Q. My big grip with the enthoo is that the dust filter on the front is defeated by the side vents. (WTF phanteks?) I don't know that this is a deal breaker but it is kind of stupid thing to do. Other then at its pretty much fits the bill. I can remove the drive cages as needed. PSU fits, can arrange as needed. I can live with the plastic. AND can get it without the damn window.

The Corsair 600Q seems to be the perfect answer to my needs. I only use 3.5 drives for steam and backup so only two of them is not an issue, 3 ssd mounts, 2 optical drive bays, will fit my ax1200 (barely, 200mm PSU and 210mm spec for the case), no window, lots of cooling, and its metal (not a requirement but I like). What I am not sure of is the inverted design. I really don't see the point and I don't really like novel layouts. There is a reason most cases are designed the way they are.

I also looked hard at the DIYPC Skyline-07-R but it seems to be cheaply made with little dust control. (cooling looked pretty good though). The Corsair 550d looks a little cramped and so on.

My price point is the 80 to 120 range with more possible if I love it (I am a cheapo but willing to pay to get more if applicable as with the 600Q) I don't mine full towers but a roomy mid would be fine as well.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

I have a Corsair 550D and love it (4 years now), it's really effective at keeping dust out if you use positive pressure and clean the filters regularly. We have a cat and I find if I clean it out 3-4 times a year with compressed air and vacuum it's totally fine, barely any dust in the case.

I wouldn't call it cramped but there's not a ton of room to work for cable management. I had no problems. Did you look at the 700D which is bigger?

Corsair's build quality is awesome for the price.

Take a look at NZXT and Fractal Design as well. They have several models that fit the description of what you're looking for.

Back