Alternative to Corsair CX/CX-M? Or anyone know when they will be in stock?

oneils

Limp Gawd
I have some older parts (8th gen Intel stuff and a GTX 770/GTX 1070) that I want to build into new rigs.
I thought a couple of 500W power supplies should be enough for this.

But I am having a really tough time finding anything. Specifically the corsair CX/CXM line.
Anyone know of a decent alternative or when these things might be back in stock.

I am in Canada and can't find them anywhere.
Thanks.

Bumping the thread just to say that I ended up buying two corsair RM650x'. It was a bit more than what I wanted to spend but I guess there are worse things in the world than "overspending" on a power supply.

One warning. These power supplies have a bulge in the 24 pin cable where there is heatshrinked wrap around where the cable sleeve ends. I had a hell of a time fitting it through the cable cut out of a phanteks 300a case. I ended up using some pliers to bend the cut out a bit. I've seen one youtuber use this exact combo - but it was a 4 year old video. So maybe the bulge in the cable is bigger now.

Bumping the thread just to say that I ended up buying two corsair RM650x'. It was a bit more than what I wanted to spend but I guess there are worse things in the world than "overspending" on a power supply.

One warning. These power supplies have a bulge in the 24 pin cable where there is heatshrinked wrap around where the cable sleeve ends. I had a hell of a time fitting it through the cable cut out of a phanteks 300a case. I ended up using some pliers to bend the cut out a bit. I've seen one youtuber use this exact combo - but it was a 4 year old video. So maybe the bulge in the cable is bigger now.
EVGA does that. I clip them off, to get more flexibility out of the last bit of cable.

i usually scour the buy/sell forum here when I need a component or two for a “spare parts” build. If that comes Up empty I check eBay. Is usually only need to do that for motherboards though.

Back