alternative to abs mechanical?

cbliss1000

Limp Gawd
Yo -

I'm thinking of upgrading from my Saitek Eclipse and am considering this abs mechanical keyboard. My girlfriend has it and I love it.

Can anybody recommend a better product at that price point (~50$)? I like mechanical switches...

thanks

There's the Scorpius M10... it uses the same key-switches as the DAS keyboard and is nice. My friend bought one of those ABS keyboards and I got to try it out. It had a clunkier/louder feel to it... not bad, it felt more like the IBM Model M's.

I'm typing on the DAS right now and it has a light clicky feeling... it's hard to describe but it's different from the ABS and even the Scorpius even though they use the same switches.

I'm selling my used Scorpius if you're interested, or you can get new ones on ebay for ~$60

The Scorpius has been known to have build issues. Poor solder joints causing keys to fail after a few months, etc. You're better off getting the ABS M1, or a used keyboard from eBay (Model M, Filco, Cherry G80 series, etc).

Do you want clicky or not clicky? The ABS uses black alps copies which have a tactile bump but aren't clicky like the old IBMs.

I like clicky, but non-clicky is cool also: really, I just like the feel of typing on mechanical keyboards. I find them more responsive, too.

I'll look into the Scorpius: thanks all for the offer and subsequent info. I'll pm you blazestorm if I'm interested...

Back