Altec vs Logitech vs Creative on 2.1 ... the best i can get

Postmodum

Limp Gawd
Well i must get the best 2.1 system i can get for my brother.
I come across Altec MX5021 & FX6021 speakers with good review and then, Logitech Z-2300 and Creative 2.1 Megaworks.

What's your advice on the best 2.1? Are there other good options? (i know Klipsch but it rates awfully high here in Portugal due to the import factor )

I would take either of the Altec's over the Logitech's any day of the week.

i have that thought too ...

and for the mx5021 and fx6021 .... is there one that prevails?

By the way, i want to get 2 sets of speakers working, 1 buying now and the other is my amp with 2 speakers. Can i just get the Audigy2 ZS playing 2 sets of speakers without any surround effect? just plain sound...

and for the mx5021 and fx6021 .... is there one that prevails?

Tough question.... I personally think the MX5021's are slightly better (cheaper= better :D) but you would be well advised to go audition them if possible.

Can i just get the Audigy2 ZS playing 2 sets of speakers without any surround effect? just plain sound...
Yea there are a couple of ways to do that.... A Y splitter or a input selector will do the job but so will using the rear outputs.... you can simply switch between the two sets of speakers by using one of the options in the KX drivers or even one of the DSP's in foobar.

Actually that would be the cool way to do it cause you could easily have a 4.2 setup for games that way without changing a bunch of stuff around

Mister X said:
I would take either of the Altec's over the Logitech's any day of the week.
I second this motion. I have Altec and never had problems with them and quality and sound are great.

Another vote for the MX5021, the bass is so smooth unlike the boominess of any of the logitech's. The MX6021's are nothing special for almost $100CDN more IMO. I roughly compared the two sets side by side and I still liked the MX5021 more.

Klipsch PM 2.1's all teh way :p

EDIT: whoops, I see you ruled out the Klipsch, sorry
In that case, go for the Altec Lansing's

Klipsch PM 2.1's, that is the only 2.1's you will ever need...

darktiger said:
Klipsch PM 2.1's, that is the only 2.1's you will ever need...

OK .... let's see if you can locate a Retailer in Portugal that stocks them cause the OP already ruled out importing them. ;)

Back