Alt+Tab to desktop causes GPU to lose game signal

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
I just built a new AMD Ryzen 2600X system wtih a Radeon RX580 8GB. Everything has been running great except for a strange problem I am having while playing some games. When I am playing a game like Arma 3 and I Alt-Tab to the desktop, when I Alt-tab back into the game it appears that the signal is lost and I cannot recover it. I am getting a gray/white static scrambled signal. I am able to Alt-tab back into Windows and everything works fine, but the signal to the game itself is lost.

Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it? I assume these are driver issues since it does not do this in every game.

I've been having an issue with 18.8.2 where if I alt-tab out of the game and back in it comes up as a black screen with a postage stamp sized little tiny version of the games graphics in the center, like a game for ants. The only solution for me so far has been to alt-f4 out of the game and restart it so I started using borderless window again.

Both my RX 570 and V64 do it.

I am also getting this sometimes when the computer returns from sleep or a monitor that went to sleep.

Back