Alphacool ice block XPX CPU Waterblock

It's nice to see some renewed engineering efforts and the performance bar being pushed higher and higher. The acool guy is so hyped too, makes me wanna get one just cuz he is so enthusiastic. lol

My ole xp3 is looking tired now.

Wow! Wasn't expecting it to do so well, and I like alphacool stuff, looks like I will finally get a new block, (beg Santa or after Christmas maybe heh) you think your XP3 looks tired, I'm using a Koolance CPU-340

It's nice to see some renewed engineering efforts and the performance bar being pushed higher and higher. The acool guy is so hyped too, makes me wanna get one just cuz he is so enthusiastic. lol

My ole xp3 is looking tired now.

:) It´s the boss himself who´s talking to ya guys in those videos and yeah, he must love his products, that´s for sure hehe

I bought a XPX for xmas for myself. It was not a good outcome, it was sealed so I know PPCS didn't open it. The block was scratched up and I might have lived with that if it were only that. The kit was missing a screw for the socket 2011 mount, which is like man WTF? I sent it back for return. They still have some of the worst QC around. Also, the backing plate for 1151/1150/etc is about the fucking worse design I've ever seen. It's the thinnest piece of X shaped plastic I've seen called a backplate. The X plate has adjustable slots for the nuts and they are a pain in the ass to get lined up and then you have smd caps all around that area so the plate doesn't sit flush. The backing sticker won't stick cuz smd caps are in the way so the slot nuts just slide around lol. Maybe on this point alone I went back to the EK Supremacy. Now there is a proper backing plate design, big, metal and very stiff w/o hitting any components. The scratches, missing screw, and the lamest backplate all led me to just return it and never try it out. smh

Also, the block is real tall, like around an inch higher than the ek block. This will probably be a pain to users who have vrm cooling because you now have to connect to the cpu which is no longer at similar height to your vrm block but an inch taller. Doh!

I had a backplate like that for a swifty block. I killed my board cuz i smashed some of the SMD's in the back of the socket area. What a fucking design flaw.

Back