Alphabet's Wing to pass 100,000 drone delivery milestone this week

HAL_404

[H]ard|Gawd
"Alphabet's Wing to pass 100,000 drone delivery milestone this week"

"Delivery drone company Wing will surpass 100,000 customer deliveries by the end of this week, the company said in a a blog post. Wing is an Alphabet subsidiary that develops technology for drone-based deliveries."
"The deliveries in Logan have included 10,000 cups of coffee, 1,700 children's snack packs, 1,200 roast chickens, 2,700 sushi rolls, and 1,000 loaves of bread, Wing said."

might as well just take helicopters and make them remote controlled.

I can say with full confidence that if I start hearing any drone noise where I live (it's a semi-rural area) out comes the rifle and down goes the drone(s).

drone1.jpg

I'll wager you'll be facing some pretty insane lawsuits if you start shooting drones out of the sky.

I'm not actually sure why you feel the need to destroy other people's property, sounds like you may have unresolved anger management issues.

Guaranteed they all have numerous cameras and are selling high res data to the highest bidder.

I don't see why the propellers are not in little protective mesh cages of some type.

Man walmart drone deliver is going in this craphole town that i hate, i'm next to 2 of their flagship stores, kinda wished they would trial it there. But i'm also in the direct flight path for the airport depending on weather... might never happen for me :(

Sounds awesome though, i'll waste so much money if they get it here.

I'll wager you'll be facing some pretty insane lawsuits if you start shooting drones out of the sky.

I'm not actually sure why you feel the need to destroy other people's property, sounds like you may have unresolved anger management issues.
People in rural areas like their privacy, and drones can definitely be a nuisance. If i flew one by some of my parents neighbors, i can almost guarantee it would eat some birdshot in minutes.

I’m pretty sure that if he registered each bullet with the FAA as a drone and marked each bullet with the appropriate serial number, the feds will only be able to chalk it up as a drone on drone incident.

Note: this is sarcasm and not legal advice.

People in rural areas like their privacy, and drones can definitely be a nuisance. If i flew one by some of my parents neighbors, i can almost guarantee it would eat some birdshot in minutes.
What did drones ever do to you? I regularly fly drones for work, and I'm barely able to find my own drown in the sky until it's right above my head. It must cause unbearable nuisance. LOL
You don't own the airspace above your property anyway.

Strange, I searched on "can you shoot drones flying over your property" and half the responses said yes and half said no.

What did drones ever do to you? I regularly fly drones for work, and I'm barely able to find my own drown in the sky until it's right above my head. It must cause unbearable nuisance. LOL
Rural people growing weed and making meth don't care about FAA airspace rights lol.

Are not drones just clay pigeons waiting to be aimed at? Anyways I can see thief's might want to catch a few with the goods dropping from the sky into their bags. Also some major upcoming hacking of them.

It's called "noise".

I'll at least give you credit for saying birdshot in your sentence. The OP saying rifle is just laughable and frightening simultaneously. Skinny high altitude moving target resulting in falling bullets miles away. I say laughable as most e-warriors will never follow through. Frightening as I know some of the rural townsmen of my area will for sure shoot at them and turn their neighbors into secondary targets when they miss the drone 6 beers in.

Yeah, then I suppose he shots all bees and flies with buckshot as well, cause they cause about the same amount of noise.
Well if you'll notice in my post, nowhere do i even hint that i would ever shoot at a drone.

Well if you'll notice in my post, nowhere do i even hint that i would ever shoot at a drone.
No you are just playing devils advocate. If you disapprove the shooting down of drones, then your post does not reflect it very well. Whether you'd do it yourself or not is besides the point.

No you are just playing devils advocate. If you disapprove the shooting down of drones, then your post does not reflect it very well. Whether you'd do it yourself or not is besides the point.
I'm really not, you fly one around them methheads and they will be shooting at it.

Strange, I searched on "can you shoot drones flying over your property" and half the responses said yes and half said no.
Well there's your problem searching opinions expecting that to be a substitution for truth.

I don't see why the propellers are not in little protective mesh cages of some type.

Because propellers are not fans, they're essentially wings attached to a central hub that create lift as they rotate, which is translated into forward thrust. For the same reason you don't put a mesh around a wing, you don't put one around a propeller, it drastically reduces its efficiency. It also drastically increases drag, lots of tiny intricate structures create TONS of drag, which increases with speed.

Doing what you say would be akin to taking the wings off a Cessna and attaching them to a school bus and expecting it to work.

But if the drone only flies above the street and drops it off at the end of the driveway or mailbox, you can't even say it was on your property.

Who knows.. maybe they'll just start dropping packages from really high up and hope for the best.

Back