Alpha Prime... those damn Russians did it again!

The Red

[H]ard|Gawd
Well... playing this game today... been playing for a few hours, the graphics are great, and no hitches or crashes so far...one hell of a fun FPS, and DAMN this game is HARD!

That makes two in a row for me... STALKER and Alpha Prime... both Russian, both hard!

I hope they hold to the same formula, because I know that there will be plenty of people on the states side that will argue that easier games will sell better. I just love how I haven’t felt this much challenge since playing Quake 1 for the first time...

I have only one issue with it... I'm bi-lingual and I can easily tell that the video sequences were made with Russian wording and mannerisms in mind... it looks weird to an English audience I bet, but it should still make sense. The game is excellent if you can look away from the movie shots that are the equivalent of taking a great foreign film and then dubbing it over with flat-voiced actors who acquired their entire vocally expressive repertoire from watching MTV: The Real Life, and Cartoon Network... and like I said, the mannerisms will look weird because of the different expressive body-language choreography that exists in Russian culture...

if not for the former soviet block getting into the biz, I'd have nothing to tide me over till Quake Wars... I'm actualy quite glad that we're going to have another country that will help saturate the market with quality releases... I just dont know why nothing of this calibur came out of Britain that I noticed... as I know they have several gaming studios but no titles that I can remember... :confused:

not sure what engine its using... but the graphics are on par with D3 and Q4++

this game needs more ammunition =/

in featueres:
Compatible with Matrox TripleHead2Go™, enabling gamers to connect 3 screens with a maximum resolution of up to 3840x1024tures:
WOW

in featueres:
Compatible with Matrox TripleHead2Go™, enabling gamers to connect 3 screens with a maximum resolution of up to 3840x1024tures:
WOW

This isn't anything new; you could do this with Oblivion as well, or any modern game for that matter.

this game needs more ammunition =/

Head shots young grasshopper. Leads to less expenditure of ammo and more when you loot their corpse :cool:

Also first thing you do is slaughter the army guys at the bridge they have aks and the major has a sweet 9mil.

Head shots young grasshopper. Leads to less expenditure of ammo and more when you loot their corpse :cool:

Also first thing you do is slaughter the army guys at the bridge they have aks and the major has a sweet 9mil.

you're talking bout STALKER... I'm talking bout Alpha Prime

I'm going to require a real medal when/if I beat this game...

if you kill an enemy that has a machine gun, even though one clip is 28 rounds, they ALLWAYS have only 3-6 bullets in the picked up weapons :( ... what the hell :mad: ...

this game is begining to be retarded hard... I'm starting to regret selecting Normal instead of Easy...

Well... playing this game today... been playing for a few hours, the graphics are great, and no hitches or crashes so far...one hell of a fun FPS, and DAMN this game is HARD!

That makes two in a row for me... STALKER and Alpha Prime... both Russian, both hard!

I hope they hold to the same formula, because I know that there will be plenty of people on the states side that will argue that easier games will sell better. I just love how I haven’t felt this much challenge since playing Quake 1 for the first time...

I have only one issue with it... I'm bi-lingual and I can easily tell that the video sequences were made with Russian wording and mannerisms in mind... it looks weird to an English audience I bet, but it should still make sense. The game is excellent if you can look away from the movie shots that are the equivalent of taking a great foreign film and then dubbing it over with flat-voiced actors who acquired their entire vocally expressive repertoire from watching MTV: The Real Life, and Cartoon Network... and like I said, the mannerisms will look weird because of the different expressive body-language choreography that exists in Russian culture...

if not for the former soviet block getting into the biz, I'd have nothing to tide me over till Quake Wars... I'm actualy quite glad that we're going to have another country that will help saturate the market with quality releases... I just dont know why nothing of this calibur came out of Britain that I noticed... as I know they have several gaming studios but no titles that I can remember... :confused:

I didn't even know about this game. I was actually at a store this past weekend and didn't see anything new. Maybe I just missed it. It seems interesting and if it hooks me as much as STALKER did, I'm guessing I'll have something to play for the next weeks :)

I didn't even know about this game. I was actually at a store this past weekend and didn't see anything new. Maybe I just missed it. It seems interesting and if it hooks me as much as STALKER did, I'm guessing I'll have something to play for the next weeks :)

The gameplay is closer to Doom3 + Quake 4 combined, rather than to STALKER i'm afraid. Although I'm told there is vehicle driving somewhere in the future and killer robots for me to pilot...

What is up with this game? I have seen it on gamespot which claims it has already been released (5-1-07). Yet have not seen it in any stores. Almost got the demo last night but stopped because I thought maybe it was a UK only release or something like that.

it's not a new game, but the english version has only just been released.

I don't think it's the doom 3 engine either, it seems like it was made by a small studio so I doubt they'd have the means to license the engine.

I've been playing this game for a day now and god damn its hard. I'm always running out of ammo...it takes a whole freakin' clip to kill most enemies. Not to mention they barley give us any of those "slow-mo" injections.

it's not a new game, but the english version has only just been released.

I don't think it's the doom 3 engine either, it seems like it was made by a small studio so I doubt they'd have the means to license the engine.

Yeah, it's not the Doom 3 engine. I've been trying to find more stuff about this game and the engine used is called "Path". It's indeed very similar to the D3 engine though.

Stalker is not difficult at all, only in the beginning because you got crappy equipment

the english version has only been released in the UK at the moment, not the US. The cheapest I found it is here should be roughly 30ish I think. But try the demo first, as I can see people getting angry as i am at the insane ammount of what seems to be unnecessary difficulty.

I restarted the game in easy mode... ammo is not as scarce now, but nothing has changed about the impecable detection abilities and responce times of enemies. All I can tell you is, use those damn grenades!

I finaly got to a part where I got to pilot a robot for a neat puzzle... very Deus Ex-esque... they should ahve put more of that in...

the english version has only been released in the UK at the moment, not the US. The cheapest I found it is here should be roughly 30ish I think. But try the demo first, as I can see people getting angry as i am at the insane ammount of what seems to be unnecessary difficulty.

I restarted the game in easy mode... ammo is not as scarce now, but nothing has changed about the impecable detection abilities and responce times of enemies. All I can tell you is, use those damn grenades!

I finaly got to a part where I got to pilot a robot for a neat puzzle... very Deus Ex-esque... they should ahve put more of that in...

Thanks, downloading the demo now.

they better release it in the US soon before they lose a chunk of the market... cuz somebody released a piratable version...

why the hell did they release the game in english but choose UK instead of US, I mean, even if given one of the two options, why chose UK over US for a PC game release?

I am not the only one and I think its a Vista problem with the game. I cant seem to find a fix for it though.

"Unfortunately, our games have not been tested on a Windows Vista System and most likely will not work. If you have already purchased our game and are running on a Windows Vista and cannot get your game to work please contact [email protected]."

I gave the demo a shot last night. Great game, can't wait to get my hands on the real thing. The demo was odd, Russian text but in-game was spoken in English.

Back