Armenius

Extremely [H]
Yet another remake of the survival horror game Alone in the Dark is coming out on October 25. The game is made by THQ Nordic studio Pieces Interactive, who made the two newest expansions for Titan Quest. The game is built using Unreal Engine 4, so be prepared...

https://www.gog.com/game/alone_in_the_dark

There is also a free prologue available to play now.

The game does not look great but it runs insanely good as for as the framerate in general goes. At 5k 60 fps I was only using about 150-160 watts on my 4090 so it seems pretty well optimized. There are games that dont look much better but run WAY worse even at 4k than this does at 5k. That said there was one place in the demo that would drop a few fps no matter what.

As for as the little bit of actual gameplay in the demo I just don't understand what the hell is going on. :confused:

Oh man, I think I remember seeing an ad for the Atari Jaguar version of this awhile ago.

Looks like it's getting better Steam reviews so far than Alone in the Dark (2008), though it is obviously very early.

I hadn't really checked this out because I assumed it would just be another disappointment to the franchise. Hopefully I'm wrong.

It looks like the kind of game to buy at half price or less during a sale
Agreed, though I'm biased as I rarely ever pay full price for big studio games anymore. GTA 5 was the last one if you don't count the SS Remake kickstarter. Indie and sales have forever spoiled me...I have to want a game (or to support the devs) pretty direly to pay full price, and this ain't it.

Funny that you say that, though...UTM agrees:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_fkrgGK7ls

Not a bad game per se, just not a great one.

Yes, but peppergomez is like Zarathustra in that he doesn't think anything outside first-person is immersive.
I make an exception for RPGS like Disco Elysium and Badlers Gate and games like XCom but otherwise, yes. Especially a game where exploration and gunplay are the majority of the gameplay. First person is much more immersive.

The original was not so much 3rd person like we see now, but more like where the camera would have been if this was a movie style. Which was used to create the tension

Making it your usual above the shoulder, I do not know, the original way would have took a lot of work for expected size of modern game too. And you have traditionnal over the shoulder type camera, usually would not be much work to allow first person....

Back