Almost threw away all of my ASUS gear...

fullvietFX

[H]ard|Gawd
I was using Aura Sync and having so much trouble with it. My Ryujin was loud as hell. It kept crashing my computer and I kept raging. I finally gave in and downloaded Armoury Crate after one more reformat since it's rooted and asked me to install it. Voila. No more issues. Ryujin is quiet as a mouse after Armoury Crate updated the firmware on it. Back in love with ASUS. Just wanted to share. =)

oh our custom computers set off those of us with mild to moderate OCD and you get to point your looking for the sledge hammer.

Kind of a shame that every individual manufacturer needs their own software to run their lights, etc (looking at you Razer). I haven't had any issues with Armory Crate with several builds. I also don't have the Asus AIO either though. The motherboard LED headers and LEDs work fine though.

Kind of a shame that every individual manufacturer needs their own software to run their lights, etc (looking at you Razer). I haven't had any issues with Armory Crate with several builds. I also don't have the Asus AIO either though. The motherboard LED headers and LEDs work fine though.

I refused to use Armoury Crate before because I try to have the least amount of programs running in the background as possible. They really did a good job with it though surprisingly.

I bought myself an RGB fan yesterday and immediately installed ASUS Aura to tweak the colors etc.. I set it to some gradient blue-green pattern. Today my PC started freezing and became unresponsive 2 separate times. The second time I even lost some work because of it. I noticed that when the freezes started happening the fan would stop changing the color. So I figured it must be ASUS Aura that's causing these problems. I uninstalled it a couple of hours ago and haven't had a freeze ever since. I'm really hoping that was the problem.
It's a new PC with Ryzen 5 2600, ASUS Prime b450m-a mobo and Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD.

Back when I still had my ASUS Strix 1080Ti I tried Aurora Sync and when I would set the RGB to something that cycled through colors such as Rainbow it would cap the FPS of all my games to three frames below my monitors max refresh rate for some odd reason. So if I had the monitor set to 120Hz, my frame-rate wouldn't go above 117. Changing it to a static color fixed it. I ended up uninstalling Aurora Sync.

Once my PSU gets here I'm going to build a new PC using an ASUS Prime X570-P motherboard. Hopefully I'll have better luck with ASUS's software this time.

I've had pretty good luck with ASUS' software for the most part. I've had Aura sync occasionally forget my configuration on some systems if I ran a given board for long enough. This isn't something I've experienced with the newer boards. That said, GIGABYTE's software may not do as much in terms of lighting control, but it works damn well. You set it and forget it. MSI's been hit and miss. About as good as ASUS on that front.

Msi is bloaty.
The concept of keeping your install footprint tidy isn’t a priority and hasn’t been since x99.

My main issue with aura is that if the pc wakes itself up to do maintenance it will turn the RGB on the memory back on, other then that I just turn it on/off and close it once I'm done with it.

I try to not jkeep stuff open I don't need, same for the coolermaster software for my mouse, set it and forget it.

I bought myself an RGB fan yesterday and immediately installed ASUS Aura to tweak the colors etc.. I set it to some gradient blue-green pattern. Today my PC started freezing and became unresponsive 2 separate times. The second time I even lost some work because of it. I noticed that when the freezes started happening the fan would stop changing the color. So I figured it must be ASUS Aura that's causing these problems. I uninstalled it a couple of hours ago and haven't had a freeze ever since. I'm really hoping that was the problem.
It's a new PC with Ryzen 5 2600, ASUS Prime b450m-a mobo and Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD.

Don't use ASUS Aura. Download Armoury Crate!

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Back when I still had my ASUS Strix 1080Ti I tried Aurora Sync and when I would set the RGB to something that cycled through colors such as Rainbow it would cap the FPS of all my games to three frames below my monitors max refresh rate for some odd reason. So if I had the monitor set to 120Hz, my frame-rate wouldn't go above 117. Changing it to a static color fixed it. I ended up uninstalling Aurora Sync.

Once my PSU gets here I'm going to build a new PC using an ASUS Prime X570-P motherboard. Hopefully I'll have better luck with ASUS's software this time.

Just use Armoury Crate, it's saved me so many headaches.

Just use Armoury Crate, it's saved me so many headaches.

I looked it up and it appears it's just an app that contains all of the other ASUS apps including Aura Sync. Is there something particular about it that makes it more reliable than the Aura Sync app by itself or did it just end up working for you better?

Reactions: x509
like this
I looked it up and it appears it's just an app that contains all of the other ASUS apps including Aura Sync. Is there something particular about it that makes it more reliable than the Aura Sync app by itself or did it just end up working for you better?

I could never get Aura Sync to function fully properly, no matter which version I tried. I think ASUS stopped releasing Aura Sync updates by itself. After I installed Armoury Crate and used it's updater it installed new firmware on almost all my ASUS devices which included a mouse, keyboard, headset, CPU cooler, videocard, and motherboard. It also installed an "Aura Kit" update on the devices with RGB, no idea what that was though. Last but not least it installed all the newest drivers for all said devices and onboard stuff on the MOBO. Everything just worked after that.

Back