Allergic to Logitech MX Master 3 wheel

Vincent Vega

Limp Gawd
This may be highly unusual, but I wondered if anyone else experienced something similar with this mouse.

I got the mouse when it first came out. Shortly after daily driving it as my primary desktop mouse, I started developing dry and crackly skin on the inside of my right index finger and the side of my middle finger facing the index finger. At first, I thought it was the dishwashing detergent drying out my hands, but then I found it odd that my hands were not affected anywhere else.

After switching the mouse out to a Logitech with a rubber scroll wheel, the symptoms improved and eventually vanished. I thought I was going crazy, so I switched the MX Master 3 back in as the daily, and voila, a few days later, I got the same cracked, painful skin in the same spots.

I was never diagnosed with a metal allergy, but I know my mom is allergic to nickel. According to hardware support at Logitech, there is no nickel in the metal scroll wheel of the MX Master, but something in the alloy is not settling right.

Has anyone else experienced similar allergies to peripherals before?

I believe logitech support is fulla sh*t and the wheels have nickel in them.. I am rather allergic to nickel and had a problem just from the plating on the "Ray-Ban" logo on the sides of my sunglasses while in Ireland and the U.K. as unlike here in SoCal it was frequently not very sunny so I was sticking them in the collar of my tshirt and had a reaction on my chest from it... maybe it is another metal allergy.. but nickel is the most common and likely and logitech probably doesn't know what they are talking about ..or the factory making these in china "substituted" chinesium instead of what they were suppose to use to make the wheel?

Pretty much every metal has some nickel in it even if it doesn't say so unless it's some specifically pure expensive metal like platinum. At least that is the excuse my wife gave me for her wedding band.

She is extremely sensitive to medals and adhesives and hasn't had any problems with a Logitech G900.

I believe logitech support is fulla sh*t and the wheels have nickel in them..

I am getting the same feeling. What a bummer, the MX Master 3 is otherwise such a great piece of kit. The plastic-fantastic G703 will need to do.

Could always get a finger condom. I mean gaming grip . .

1658447000008.png

Back