Alldocube X Neo

No, I haven't, I use the tablet most of the time with headphones and I'm getting great audio quality with them, specially now that I'm using a usb-c adapter. Magisk is working on crDRom so I suppose that ViperFX should work.
I tried Titanium Backup with crDRom beta2, it did not recognize my sdcard and was not able to restore the most of my apps. You can find similar experiences in TB ratings in the play store.
I have also APTX bluetooth headphones but as i found out, the stock international rom has not support for APTX driver official and need some settings to be modded. This is one of the reasons why i want to have a root and magisk so i can install aptx mods available.

Regarding the speakers, they lack really quality and a bit shame alldocube has put such low quality speaker units in such amazing piece of tablet. I sometimes dont reach my headphones or cant find them and when i put a film or a music on(youtube, vimeo etc), the speakers irritate me straight away. Thanks for the quick responses.

I tried Titanium Backup with crDRom beta2, it did not recognize my sdcard and was not able to restore the most of my apps. You can find similar experiences in TB ratings in the play store.
I think that to be able to handle external cards Titanium Backup has to use the document provider storage. And it's recommended to disable Play Protect and "Verify apps over USB" .

I think that to be able to handle external cards Titanium Backup has to use the document provider storage. And it's recommended to disable Play Protect and "Verify apps over USB" .
No way, even with document provider storage (which is also my regular setting with Android 10) it did not accept my sdcard. "Verify apps over USB" was disabled, but not Play Protect, thank you, I will try it again on next flash. I use Titianium Backup for more than 10 years if I remember right, great software, but a bit outdated.

I have finally flashed crdrom (android 11) to my tablet but took my all day to able do this. I will explain "" why "" in my next reply.

Silly question, but after flashing this tablet ends up just being straight Android, correct?

CrimsonKnight13 taro4 pjrodriguez

Is there a way to pass safety net in magisk? I am on latest crdrom (android 11)

Without it, the device shows uncertified device in google play and some apps cannot be installed.

Another bug, 3.5 mm headphone jack doesn't work on crDRom11 / 2021.04.28, I think i am going back to Android 10/another custom rom.

''setprop persist.sys.overlay.devinputjack true'' didnt work for me. shame, i actually like this rom very much but without wired headphone, i cannot do it

Last edited:
I flashed crdrom-v306-210428-arm64-bgZ.img.xz (it has the gapps included). By the way I don't flash from TWRP but from a PC using fastboot commands.
Is it possible to try headphones with 3.5 mm jack and check if the 3.5 mm slot is definitely work? Is there any way to fix this issue? Unfortunately i couldn't fix it by setprop command :(

Is it possible to try headphones with 3.5 mm jack and check if the 3.5 mm slot is definitely work? Is there any way to fix this issue? Unfortunately i couldn't fix it by setprop command :(
The setprop command has to be run as root in a terminal. It worked for me.
Don't go back to Android 10, if your headphones don't work using the 3,5 slot buy a usb-c adapter.

Another bug, 3.5 mm headphone jack doesn't work on crDRom11 / 2021.04.28, I think i am going back to Android 10/another custom rom.
''setprop persist.sys.overlay.devinputjack true'' didnt work for me. shame, i actually like this rom very much but without wired headphone, i cannot do it
Same here, even if this command was executed as root. I am back to QiDroid (with dark mode :)) for the second time.

The setprop command has to be run as root in a terminal. It worked for me.
Don't go back to Android 10, if your headphones don't work using the 3,5 slot buy a usb-c adapter.
I have mix feelings, the experience in crdrom(a11) is really nice, fast and smooth. Much newer platform too of course. Also the dark mode is far better done and built in the rom (better deep blacks)

Maybe i will think about getting usb-c adapter and see the quality and really worth going back to Android 10

Same here, even if this command was executed as root. I am back to QiDroid (with dark mode :)) for the second time.
Did you also feel the same, in crdrom , dark mode is much better and has deeper black/ better for oled screens than qidroid?

Have you set any command for 3.5 mm headphones and jack to work in qidroid? Or it worked straight away after flashing the rom?

Thank you

Is there a way to pass safety net in magisk? I am on latest crdrom (android 11)

Without it, the device shows uncertified device in google play and some apps cannot be installed.
Did you try the recommendations from the crdRom-thread?

"Also has dynamic SafetyNet helper (but it compatible not with all devices), users have four ways to pass SafetyNet: a. just enable SafetyNet option (recommended) b. disable SafetyNet and enable "Spoof Pixel 5" then reboot c. enable both options and reboot d. mount system as RW and create empty file /system/phh/secure (legacy method) and in the Recovery do Wipe Data."

Did you also feel the same, in crdrom , dark mode is much better and has deeper black/ better for oled screens than qidroid?

Have you set any command for 3.5 mm headphones and jack to work in qidroid? Or it worked straight away after flashing the rom?

Thank you
I don't see a difference. In the design-settings you can choose "darker" dark modes. Headphone works out of the box. Btw., I also see no advantage in smoothness etc. in crDRom compared to qiDroid (used the beta2 of crDRom for a week). No difference in battery drain too.

Last edited:
emrah_tr Eremitein wrote in the crDRom XDA-thread "Phh settings > Misc > Disable audio effects or Force enable headphone jack". As I'm back on qiDroid, I can't test this, but maybe you can. (Both options are unchecked in qiDroid)

emrah_tr Eremitein wrote in the crDRom XDA-thread "Phh settings > Misc > Disable audio effects or Force enable headphone jack". As I'm back on qiDroid, I can't test this, but maybe you can. (Both options are unchecked in qiDroid)
Unfortunately this morning flashed to qidroid android 10. So far so good, 3.5 mm headphones jack worked straight away

taro4 pjrodriguez CrimsonKnight13

Is this the best way for a proper wipe/flash method?

In twrp and both slots (a/b) wipe data, cache, dalvik cache and format data. And then in fastboot by fastboot commands flash rom to both slots, following -> fastboot -w, fastboot reboot.

Once you have flashed a working TWRP, you can make the rest there, no need to flash something with fastboot. Format data is imho only necessary if you want to change encryption on/off. For a clean flash I normally make the standard wipe, flash rom-image, resize file system of system partition (if needed), flash gapps, flash Magisk. Change slot, reboot TWRP and like before for the other slot.

Interesting fact, between crdrom (A11) and qidroid (A10) there is quite big difference as image size. Wonder what things included do such big difference. Anyone knows? May be only gapps included in different ways?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 0
I wanted to go back to crdrom (android 11) by fastboot commands but unfortunately the tablet doesnt boot. The alldocube logo appears and about 10-15 seconds later screen goes black and turn itself off.
Any advise? Should I once more try via TWRP by flashing ''crdrom.img'' to both system_a and system_b slots? I didnt try TWRP before because i saw comments that it soft bricked some devices.

emrah_tr Please feel free to follow my post #340, this worked for me since I started with the X Neo. Where did you read about TWRP is soft-bricking devices?

Btw., if you have a good running OS and want a backup that always boots after restore, in TWRP backup check system image and vendor image, not system and vendor. This makes a sector based backup, not file based. To get the backup back to the device, I restore boot, system, vendor and data to one slot, change slot, reboot TWRP and restore boot, system and vendor. I always backup modem and efs, but never restored it.

emrah_tr Please feel free to follow my post #340, this worked for me since I started with the X Neo. Where did you read about TWRP is soft-bricking devices?

Btw., if you have a good running OS and want a backup that always boots after restore, in TWRP backup check system image and vendor image, not system and vendor. This makes a sector based backup, not file based. To get the backup back to the device, I restore boot, system, vendor and data to one slot, change slot, reboot TWRP and restore boot, system and vendor. I always backup modem and efs, but never restored it.
Confirmed, flashing from twrp worked very well. Now i am on crdrom Android 11.
Also from phh treble settings -> misc -> use alternative way to detect headphones ticked/rebooted tablet and it worked straight away for my headphones. No root required even. I will stay on Android 11 for now :)

Also from phh treble settings -> misc -> use alternative way to detect headphones ticked/rebooted tablet and it worked straight away for my headphones. No root required even. I will stay on Android 11 for now :)
Thank you, then I will change (back) to crDRom too.

Thank you, then I will change (back) to crDRom too.
Another recommendation and trick for Safety NET pass :

The option(s) in phh treble settings don't work.
The only way to make it work is to flash magisk latest canary build and install MagiskHide Props Config v5 module -> edit device fingerprint - > pick certified finger print -> Samsung -> Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ Wifi SM-T970 (11) and reboot tablet.

Be sure your device is rooted and from Google play store, install app Termux or any other terminal app
Enter these lines below to edit the finger print :

And then clear cache and data for Google Play Store app.

Hide Google Play Store and Google Play Services from Magisk and from Magisk inside, check SafetyNet. It will pass for %100 and try google play store if the device is now certified. For beeing sure, search Netflix, if it finds it, then it is done, if it doesn't find it, clear cache and data for Google Play store once more and try again.

Reactions: taro4
like this
Thanks, but the Safetynet patch does not work for me (but I don't need it either). Maybe it's because of Nik's Gapps.

Hi, this is my first post.
I have a problem.
I followed the first post.
I installed the Chinese firmware.
I will enter the command .\ Adb reboot bootloader.
I enter the bootloader, enter .\Fastboot getvar unlocked.
The answer is always "<waiting for any device>"
Some idea?

Last edited:
bazito A "fastboot devices" shows if your tablet is available. If not, change USB-cable and/or -port. Sometimes it can be a driver-problem or a problem with the fastboot version.

If I enter "fastboot devices" I don't see anything.
I tried 3 different usb-c cables and 3 different computers

Then perhaps you don't have your tablet in bootloader-mode. :) It must look like the picture below. If you use Windows, what kind of device is shown in the device-manager after the tablet in bootloader-mode is connected? It should show "Android Bootloader Interface" or similar.

bootloader-gesperrt-oneplus6.jpg

Yes permission have, command ./adb devices, ./adb reboot bootloader works.
Maybe google or adb drivers are corrupt. I dont know what else can be said.
Maybe try another device with Android. Maybe your phone or another tablet etc and see if you can see your device no after fastboot devices command

bazito

I just solved this same problem. You need to install the android driver again.

You can use this link if you dont have your own drivers.

1- Put device into bootloader mode
2- In windows device manager, see the device that has "problem", mine was named "android" under "other devices"
3- Select update driver, browse computer for drivers, let me pick from the list...., show all devices, have disk, select the file "android_winusb.inf" from the unziped folder you downloaded from the link, then select the "android bootloader interface. This should install the driver you need to have the phone recognized under the bootloader mode. The device should now appear as installed and the "fastboot devices" should identify your device.

I´m at this step of the installation process:

1620663269359.png

From my understanding this should update the firmware to a new version so we can then install the GSI Rom´s. But isn´t the name/link the same as the initial one used to unlock the bootloader? "Chinese 201028" is stated in all.

Can someone please explain this step? Thanks in advance.

When a GSI Rom is already installed and Alldocube publishes a new firmware, with the modified XML file it is possible to flash only the new kernel and vendor parts and the GSI system partition will not be overwritten.

taro4 Thanks for the reply.

So, if we are installing a GSI rom for the first time, this step can be skipped, correct? Maybe a note can be added to the guide, for first timers it can be a bit confusing.

So, if we are installing a GSI rom for the first time, this step can be skipped, correct? Maybe a note can be added to the guide, for first timers it can be a bit confusing.
It can be skipped, but you should use the TWRP version matching the original firmware version (e.g. TWRP 2020.10.28 with Alldocube firmware 2020.10.28) to avoid differences between kernel and vendor.

Back