Alldocube X Neo

Okay, but how can TWRP corrupt the device? I flashed my tablet with new TWRP without problems.

Btw., here is an explanation for the boot error with g.co/ABH. Based on the red colour in the above picture this is a dm-verity corruption. Anyone familar with this? :)
Yes, that's the main reason for why I keep recommending using Magisk since it allows the kernel to boot to a custom ROM.

Installation:Magisk and MagiskHide Installation and Troubleshooting guide (didgeridoohan.com)

The other way around this is to use Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quot… | Android Development and Hacking (xda-developers.com)

See my reply below

Last edited:
Thank to all of you who care and try to help. I'm still fighting, but not winning yet. I already managed the LOS 17.1 to boot as well as the CAOS. But had a problem even with 2.4GHz WiFi, was not able to switch it on. So again went through flashing the int. ROM, Chinese ROM, opening bootloader and flashing LOS 17.1. Now I'm not able to boot to LOS again (from any A/B slot). I must be doing something terribly wrong (repetitively) or my device could be somehow broken. As soon as I have at least some idea what might be wrong, I will let you know. Till then I continue fighting...

Last edited:
sunarowicz To avoid possible complications with the new chinese rom I would do the first flash with the chinese rom from May. For that base flashing with Qfil or Miflash be sure to use only the emmc ddr firehose from the guide (prog_emmc_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.elf) and do NOT use the modified xml from post #125 (rawprogram_unsparse_mod.xml).

Does your wifi still work with the original rom?

sunarowicz To avoid possible complications with the new chinese rom I would do the first flash with the chinese rom from May. For that base flashing with Qfil or Miflash be sure to use only the emmc ddr firehose from the guide (prog_emmc_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.elf) and do NOT use the modified xml from post #125 (rawprogram_unsparse_mod.xml).
I did not try May Chinese ROM yet. I understand it as my last chance if anything else fails. Still trying to make my setup running on the October Chinese version. BTW: are you aware of any particular complications regarding the October version?

Does your wifi still work with the original rom?
Yes, it works on original ROM. 2.4GHz only as one would expect. I do have problems with 2.4GHz on LOS 17.1 with TWRP. It cannot be switched on. So no WiFi at all... On LOS 16.0 without TWRP it works (can be switched on).

I did not try May Chinese ROM yet. I understand it as my last chance if anything else fails. Still trying to make my setup running on the October Chinese version. BTW: are you aware of any particular complications regarding the October version?
No, but the May version is known for a working result in several cases, including me. I think you are the first one (in this thread) who unlocks the bootloader with the October version, all others used it only to update the kernel etc.

Yes, it works on original ROM. 2.4GHz only as one would expect. I do have problems with 2.4GHz on LOS 17.1 with TWRP. It cannot be switched on. So no WiFi at all... On LOS 16.0 without TWRP it works (can be switched on).
There is a reset wifi option in the system settings / advanced / reset options, maybe worth a try.

Last edited:
A note to the Modification Guide. I think point nr. 3 in Flashing anything inside TWRP is not exactly so. My findings are consistent with the description in STEP 3: Installing a Custom ROM/Kernel/Magisk, see here: https://www.droidwin.com/flash-files-a-b-partition-devices/. I.e. ROM is being flashed into the "opposite" slot, but other ZIPs (GApps, Magisk) to the current one.

Last edited:
No, but the May version is known for a working result in several cases, including me. I think you are the first one (in this thread) who unlocks the bootloader with the October version, all others used it only to update the kernel etc.
It's good to know that I've probably spent two days trying for something that isn't working yet. But I'm not giving up yet!:)
There is a reset wifi option in the system settings / advanced / reset options, maybe worth a try.
Hmm, it doesn't help. The WiFi cannot be switched on right after the first boot to the flashed ROM. So there is nothing to reset.

Here is my first conclusion from flashing ROMs after opening the bootloader in October Chinese ROM. TWRP (file TWRP-CUBE_X_Neo-20201028.img) breaks the 2.4GHz WiFi. If this TWRP (boot image) is flashed, the 2.4GHz WiFi cannot be turned on. More precisely, shortly after turned on it turns off by its own. If other recovery is used (I'm using LOS 16.0 recovery in my testing) it doesn't happen. I proved this behavior on CAOS 221, LOS 16.0 and LOS 17.1.

I also tried to flash Magisk and the WiFi Bonding module. It didn't help.

Without flashing this TWRP all these ROMs seems to work. But I didn't tested them much. The WiFi has been my biggest concern. In order to make the ROM booting, the Magisk has to be flashed sometimes. Always in case the TWRP is flashed. The warning screen is shown always if TWRP is flashed. But pressing the Power makes booting to continue.

I tried to boot the TWRP from fastboot
Code:
fastboot boot TWRP-CUBE_X_Neo-20201028.img
but it didn't work. I guess this syntax can be used on A slot only devices. But didn't find how it could work on A/B device. If this would work I believe it wouldn't be needed to flash the TWRP into the device. Sure, not optimal, but one could live with that. At least for now.

BTW: The 5GHz WiFi is not available in any ROM. I tried the WiFi5GhzDisabler Magisk Module hoping it eventually enables 5GHz when it is "disabled" by default, but it turned out to be a false assumption.

Edit:
FINALLY SUCCESS!
Today I decided to give it last chance before I switch to Chinese May version. I realized that I mostly used MiFlash for flashing the international and October Chinese ROMs so far as it seemed to me a bit easier (I have the EMMC device). So today I decided to use QFIL only in the bootloader unlocking process. After I went through the whole process I reached the bootable LOS 17.1 with 2.4GHz WiFi that remains switched on! I was really surprised, because (as far as I can tell) using the QFIL instead of MiFlash was the only difference in the process I went though many many times before. So my current working process looks as follows:
1. Flash the international ROM XNeo(T1009)-EN-20200709.rar (if not already flashed on device) using QFIL.
2. Flash the October Chinese ROM XNeo(T1009)-Android9.0-201028-固件&教程.rar using QFIL.
3. Unlock the bootloader.
4. Flash the 17.1 lineage-17.1-20201114-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img to both system_a and system_b using the fastboot.
5. Flash the TWRP-CUBE_X_Neo-20201028.img to both boot_a and boot_b using fastboot.
6. Try to boot LOS 17.1 from either slot. It won't boot.
7. Boot to TWRP and install Magisk-v20.4.zip to both slots (note: this zip is being installed to the current active slot). The alternate way is ADB sideload.
8. Finally boot to LOS 17.1.
9. Check if 2.4GHz WiFi can be turned on.

One interesting finding. There is no more warning screen during booting. I think it appears only when different recovery (or maybe boot image in general) is flashed to each A/B slot. If the same (like in my current setup), no warning out there.

Last edited:
TWRP doesn't alter anything in the Vendor image which has the drivers. Doesn't work that way.

I might just revert the guide back to the older firmware & keep the upgrade part for anyone that wants to use it.

alldocube-award.jpg

Actually CrimsonKnight13 deserves this award, but at least he doesn't have to change back the guide now. :)

Actually CrimsonKnight13 deserves this award, but at least he doesn't have to change back the guide now. :)
That's nice, thank you!:) But I agree that CrimsonKnight13 and some others here should receive an award instead of me.

Not needed to change the guide, but maybe at least some note that MiFlash seems not to be so reliable as QFIL would be useful. Would be nice if someone else could confirm my experience too. At least he or she already knows what to focus on and not be totally lost in problems that make no sense as was I at the beginning of my struggling.;)

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that the automatic brightness control does not work? At least on my QiDroid. The light sensor itself does work.

Has anyone noticed that the automatic brightness control does not work? At least on my QiDroid. The light sensor itself does work.
Yes, I did. In my LOS 17.1 the automatic brightness setting is even missing. Not sure if sensor works in LOS 17.1. But it worked in stock ROM. Automatic brightness setting was available too.

Could someone owning the UFS device share some storage benchmarks (e.g. Androbench Storage)? Just curious if there is any benefit over the EMMC device.

Last edited:
Okay, the SD660 supports both standards (emmc and ufs), so Qfil does too. But are there really two types of X Neo?

Okay, the SD660 supports both standards (emmc and ufs), so Qfil does too. But are there really two types of X Neo?
Not sure... I've never had success with UFS through QFIL for the X Neo. I see that many others can only get EMMC to work. Major mystery for sure.

My NeoX shows poor 2.4GHz WiFi performance. The first problem is that it connects to WiFi slowly. After restart (or after turning WiFi on), it takes very long time until my home WiFi appears in the list of visible networks. It sometimes takes several dozens of seconds, even up to minute or two. Other networks around are shown immediately. I observe this behavior right now on LOS 17.1, but observed already on stock ROM and all other custom ROMs I tried earlier. So not LOS related. My other devices connecting to the same network doesn't have this problem.

The other issue is the WiFi speed. The highest transfer rate (receive/download speed from NeoX perspective) during the operation (as shown by WiFi router) is some 59MBit/s. But most of the time lower. Even falls down to only 6MBit/s. The real live transfer (download) tests correspond to these figures. According to the router, the device on RX (download) stream uses only 20MHz channel width, while full 40MHz on TX (upload) stream. But the download performance is bad even for the 20MHz channel width. I tried to change some WiFi settings on router that might affect the speed, but without any luck. I have to say, that really very old cheap Lenovo phone performs better.

Anyone else with the same experience?

Not sure... I've never had success with UFS through QFIL for the X Neo. I see that many others can only get EMMC to work. Major mystery for sure.
Does that mean you included the UFS-method in the guide because Qfil has this UFS-option?

My NeoX shows poor 2.4GHz WiFi performance. The first problem is that it connects to WiFi slowly. After restart (or after turning WiFi on), it takes very long time until my home WiFi appears in the list of visible networks. It sometimes takes several dozens of seconds, even up to

The other issue is the WiFi speed. The highest transfer rate (receive/download speed from NeoX perspective) during the operation (as shown by WiFi router) is some 59MBit/s. But most of the time lower. Even falls down to only 6MBit/s. The real live transfer (download) tests
I have speeds around 50-200 Mbit/sec. and the tablet connects immedeately after wifi is switched on. My router says "n/Wi-Fi 4, 40 MHz, WPA2, 2 x 2, 256QAM, 11k, 11v".

Does that mean you included the UFS-method in the guide because Qfil has this UFS-option?
I included the UFS options since ALLDOCUBE only released that version for both Chinese & International. I had to provide the EMMC firehose file since that's not included by them. It's really perplexing.

Reactions: taro4
like this
I have speeds around 50-200 Mbit/sec. and the tablet connects immedeately after wifi is switched on. My router says "n/Wi-Fi 4, 40 MHz, WPA2, 2 x 2, 256QAM, 11k, 11v".
Sounds really nice. What ROM are you running? Do you have installed the WiFi bonding Magisk module?

Sounds really nice. What ROM are you running? Do you have installed the WiFi bonding Magisk module?
QiDroid. I tried the bonding module with the effect that the tablet shows double wifi speed (up to 400 Mbit/sec.), but router shows speed as before. I did not do real speed tests.

Correction: With the bonding module the router shows 40 MHz and max. possible data-rate 400 Mbit/s, data copy from PC to internal memory with about 5.8 MB/s. Without bonding module the router shows 20 Mhz and max. possible data-rate 192 Mbit/s, data copy from PC with about 4.3 MB/s. Distance to the router 3 m. So in my case it seems that the bonding module is useful.

Last edited:
7. Boot to TWRP and install Magisk-v20.4.zip to both slots (note: this zip is being installed to the current active slot). The alternate way is ADB sideload.
Yesterday I updated Magisk and Magisk itself shows that it is installed to the current booted slot, even if the other one is set active. In previous installations I changed the slot, but did not reboot TWRP to save a few seconds. Should not be done. :)

Last edited:
Is there any recommended way how to test various ROMs? Just reflashing the system with the ROM's img from fastboot leads me often to unbootable state. It would be solved by doing all the two original ROMs flashing and unlocking the bootloader procedure. But this is extremely time consuming. Therefore I did TWRP backup of the working October Chinese ROM with an unlocked bootloader and installed Magisk hoping that I had a default state to which I can return and start flashing other custom ROM whenever needed. But after restoring this backup it doesn't boot as well. So, is the whole open bootloader procedure the only way how to restore from the unbootlable state?

BTW: Whenever I flash the lineage-16.0-20200516-UNOFFICIAL-t1009.zip from TWRP it recovers me from the unbootable state. But has some other drawbacks, so not usable always. That's maybe because this ZIP contain the payload.bin, which is said to be the right way for flashing the A/B devices, see Extracting an update to flash individual partition images paragraph here: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-...ess-updates-affect-custom-development-on-xda/. I think it would save us a lot of headache if the other custom ROM candidates would be available in this form too, not just as the system img only. But it is obvious that someone should make them for the NeoX.

Most GSI ROMs were tested in this thread (not all made it into the guide :)). If you flash a new ROM, do you always wipe the data-partition too? If not, this can prevent the boot process. In my experience after flashing a new ROM it is better to restore the data with Titanium Backup or similar. TWRP backup has the option to make an image of the partition, not only backup files like in the standard settings. Maybe this gives you better results.

Edit: I understand the xda-article in that way that the payload.bin is used on a/b devices for an update flash over an older (but same) rom on the device. The (LOS) ZIP-file may also contain different partition-images, on the contrary the IMG-files normally only has content for the system-partition.

Btw., is there any possibility to save / backup an official rom (without root and TWRP)?

Last edited:
If you use fastboot...

fastboot flash system_a <GSI image file>
fastboot flash system_b <GSI image file>
fastboot -w <== erases userdata if you're switching ROMs but skip if only updating

This is funny, I have a working 5 GHz Wifi-connection! Found a thread about a Xiaomi Mi A2 (SD 660) with non functional 5 GHz wifi, where someone solves it by enabling flightmode and then reenabling wifi. Surprisingly this works on my device. Router shows max. possible datarate 866 Mbit/s, but connected with only 260 Mbit/s. (channel 100, 3 m distance, -65 dBm).

Copy speed from PC to internal memory is at about 7.4 MB/s., so no real big improvement (see post #185).

Update: I tried several times to reproduce this but failed. What the heck...

Update2: I rebootet with enabled flight mode and after reboot the tablet connects again with 5 GHz, router shows max. possible datarate 1733 Mbit/s.

Last edited:
If you use fastboot...

fastboot flash system_a <GSI image file>
fastboot flash system_b <GSI image file>
fastboot -w <== erases userdata if you're switching ROMs but skip if only updating
My idea is to install the original rom, let it OTA update to the November version sunarowicz already wrote about and then copy the boot and vendor partitions and make them flashable. Is that possible?

My idea is to install the original rom, let it OTA update to the November version sunarowicz already wrote about and then copy the boot and vendor partitions and make them flashable. Is that possible?
Possibly. You'll need to read up on how to dump partitions with root adb through TWRP.

This is funny, I have a working 5 GHz Wifi-connection! Found a thread about a Xiaomi Mi A2 (SD 660) with non functional 5 GHz wifi, where someone solves it by enabling flightmode and then reenabling wifi. Surprisingly this works on my device. Router shows max. possible datarate 866 Mbit/s, but connected with only 260 Mbit/s. (channel 100, 3 m distance, -65 dBm).

Copy speed from PC to internal memory is at about 7.4 MB/s., so no real big improvement (see post #185).

Update2: I rebootet with enabled flight mode and after reboot the tablet connects again with 5 GHz.
That's strange... I wonder what's the root of the issue with it not activating properly on boot.

QiDroid. I tried the bonding module with the effect that the tablet shows double wifi speed (up to 400 Mbit/sec.), but router shows speed as before. I did not do real speed tests.

Correction: With the bonding module the router shows 40 MHz and max. possible data-rate 400 Mbit/s, data copy from PC to internal memory with about 5.8 MB/s. Without bonding module the router shows 20 Mhz and max. possible data-rate 192 Mbit/s, data copy from PC with about 4.3 MB/s. Distance to the router 3 m. So in my case it seems that the bonding module is useful.
Thank you for this info. I'll try QiDroid then. During all my tries and errors I already manged to achieve the real transfer (download) speed around 11MB/s from home FTP server with the bonding module installed and connected to 40MHz Wifi. But was not able to make this state persistent. Most of the time I still get rather poor performance.

Edit: I have the tablet very close to the router, approx. 1 to 2 feeds.

Last edited:

Update2: I rebootet with enabled flight mode and after reboot the tablet connects again with 5 GHz, router shows max. possible datarate 1733 Mbit/s.
Great news! You are the candidate for the next award! I already tried that in LOS 16.1 (including reboot in airplane mode), but was not working. Currently I'm passing through the bootloader unlock procedure again because of what I wrote in #187. So already tried the trick (including reboot in AM) in the international ROM, but again without success. Will do the OTA updates (not needed, but just for the purpose of this trial) and will try again. And then in Chinese October ROM too.

Last edited:
That's strange... I wonder what's the root of the issue with it not activating properly on boot.
In case of doubt Gremlins. I have a mesh wifi-router and two wifi-repeaters in my house and I noticed that in flightmode only one of them (a repeater some rooms away) is shown in my wifi analyzer app, incl. 5 GHz. Without flightmode all are shown, but without 5 GHz. So maybe this is a kind of different scan mode or similar.

On the other hand there are many complaints for different Qualcomm-devices with wifi issues after upgrading to Android 10 (mainly signal strength issues, but some concerning 5 GHz). Some get the problems solved by changing the /vendor/etc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini. This file is also changed by the Magisk wifi bonding module (sets channel bonding for 2.4 GHz to true).

Last edited:

Hurrah, I get connected to 5GHz WiFi too! On October Chinese ROM. I turned on the airplane mode on and rebooted into bootloader in order to unlock it. When it booted back the AM was off. It surprised me as I set it on before rebooting. But maybe that was caused because the bootloader was just unlocked and the initial Android setup procedure has occurred after reboot. Although connected to 5GHz the real life performance is a mixed bag. During the download of a large file from local FTP the interface parameters changes often between
Code:
433.3 Mbit/s, 80MHz, VHT-MCS 9, VHT-NSS 1, Short GI
and
Code:
6.0 Mbit/s, 80MHz
values according to the router. The average transfer rate is around 70Mbit/s (8.7MB/s). Magisk is not installed. Not a big deal, but be able to connect to 5GHz is a big leap in the right direction.

Big credit to taro4 !

Edit:
After flashing the QiDroid I'm not able to repeat that miracle anymore unfortunately.:(

Last edited:
I'm still struggling with the "WiFi cannot be turned on" issue I have. The current example follows. I flashed the Chinese October ROM and unlocked the bootloader. Everything seemed OK, WiFi worked, even the 5GHz one. Then I flashed the TWRP to both A/B slots, did the backup in TWRP and started to boot from slot A. The boot screen "ALLDOCUBE Powered by android" takes ages (some 4 minutes), but booting continues then. When finished the WiFi is off and cannot be turned on. Why? The only thing that has changed (as far as I know) is the boot image (after flashing the TWRP). OK, so in hoping to resolve that I flashed the boot.img from the Chinese ROM over the TWRP into slot A and rebooted. Booting screen again takes ages and WiFi cannot be turned on again afterwards. Tried the factory reset too. Didn't help. Tried to flash TWRP again and install Magisk. Besides the boot screen is as fast as usually again (some 30 seconds), it didn't help. I'm really confused and don't have any idea what wrong is happening and more important how to avoid it. It has happened after flashing the TWRP and cannot be reverted.

This is the logcat output from unsuccessful turning on the Wifi:
Code:
10-22 00:18:39.266  1417  2431 D WifiClientModeManager: entering IdleState
10-22 00:18:39.267  1417  2431 D WifiActiveModeWarden: State changed from client mode. state = 2
10-22 00:18:39.267  1417  2431 D HalDevMgr: startWifi
10-22 00:18:39.267  1417  2431 D HalDevMgr: initIWifiIfNecessary
10-22 00:18:39.268  1417  1417 D WifiP2pService: Wifi enabled=false, P2P Interface availability=false
10-22 00:18:40.273  1152  1152 E [email protected]: Wifi HAL start failed
10-22 00:18:40.273  1417  2431 E HalDevMgr: Cannot start IWifi: 9 ()
10-22 00:18:40.273  1417  2431 E WifiVendorHal: Failed to start vendor HAL
10-22 00:18:40.273  1417  2431 E WifiNative: Failed to start vendor HAL
10-22 00:18:40.273  1417  2431 E WifiNative: Failed to start Hal
10-22 00:18:40.273  1417  2431 E WifiClientModeManager: Failed to create ClientInterface. Sit in Idle
10-22 00:18:40.273  1417  2431 D WifiActiveModeWarden: State changed from client mode. state = 4
10-22 00:18:40.273  1417  2431 D WifiClientModeManager: expected stop, not triggering callbacks: newState = 1
10-22 00:18:40.274  1417  2431 E WifiNative: Could not get Iface object for interface null
10-22 00:18:40.274  1417  2431 D WifiActiveModeWarden: ClientMode failed, return to WifiDisabledState.
10-22 00:18:40.274  1417  2431 D WifiController: ClientMode unexpected failure: state unknown
10-22 00:18:40.274  1417  2431 D WifiClientModeManager:  currentstate: IdleState
10-22 00:18:40.275  1417  2431 D WifiScanRequestProxy: Sending scan available broadcast: false
10-22 00:18:40.275  1417  1417 D WifiP2pService: Wifi enabled=false, P2P Interface availability=false
10-22 00:18:40.276  1417  2433 I WifiScanningService: wifi driver unloaded
10-22 00:18:40.277  1417  2431 I WifiScanRequestProxy: Scanning is disabled
10-22 00:18:40.300  1417  2431 D WifiActiveModeWarden: Entering WifiDisabledState
10-22 00:18:40.300  1417  2431 E HalDevMgr: IWifiEventCallback.onFailure: 9 ()
10-22 00:18:40.300  1417  2431 D WifiActiveModeWarden: received a message in WifiDisabledState: { when=-25ms what=3 target=com.android.internal.util.StateMachine$SmHandler }
10-22 00:18:40.300  1417  2431 D WifiActiveModeWarden: Switching from WifiDisabledState to WifiDisabled
10-22 00:18:40.300  1417  2431 D WifiActiveModeWarden: Entering WifiDisabledState
10-22 00:18:40.300  1417  2431 E WifiNative: Could not get Iface object for interface null
10-22 00:18:40.301  1417  2431 D HalDevMgr: isWifiStart
10-22 00:18:40.301  1417  2432 D HalDevMgr: isWifiStart

Edit:
Story continues. After then I flashed the QiDroid and by mistake forget to wipe data and rebooted. WiFi can be turned on! Just flashed QiDroid, nothing else has changed. After wiping the data and rebooting WiFi still can be turned on. Mystery to me...

Last edited:
Story continues. After then I flashed the QiDroid and by mistake forget to wipe data and rebooted. WiFi can be turned on! Just flashed QiDroid, nothing else has changed. After wiping the data and rebooting WiFi still can be turned on. Mystery to me...
For me too. But because you now have a (imho) reliable rom, you don't need to climb the next award level (which btw. would be Flashmaster Grand). :) With QiDroid in most cases I can reproduce the 5 GHz wifi working after booting up in airplane mode. I compared different settings and parameters with and without 5 GHz, but did not find any cause.

There is an interesting new GSI rom available (LeOS, Android 11 with MicroG), but at the moment I'm to lazy to try it. And to be honest I'm still satisfied with QiDroid.

For me too. But because you now have a (imho) reliable rom, you don't need to climb the next award level (which btw. would be Flashmaster Grand). :) With QiDroid in most cases I can reproduce the 5 GHz wifi working after booting up in airplane mode. I compared different settings and parameters with and without 5 GHz, but did not find any cause.

There is an interesting new GSI rom available (LeOS, Android 11 with MicroG), but at the moment I'm to lazy to try it. And to be honest I'm still satisfied with QiDroid.
Maybe do not need to climb, but still can. ;) I have an idea to flash LOS 17.1 into the other slot and check if the airplane mode trick would work there too. When doing that I could try the LeOS too. I already think of that earlier. And I already did so many flashing tries (and errors) that I hardly recognize one or two more...:)

I made some progress on testing 5GHz too. I'm already using it on QiDroid. I found two conditions to be met in order to be able to connect to 5GHz WiFi. The first is to power off and start the tablet in airplane mode. I think the tablet has to be turned off in AM and then on, not just rebooted. But I'm still not sure about this one yet. Need to test more. The second condition is to have the right 5GHz channel set on the router. I did not tested all channels, but already found that tablet doesn't recognize channel 36 and all channels from 149 to 161. On the other hand it recognizes channel 64 or 100 for example. I have already found that after changing the channel on router the WiFi on router has to be switched off and on in order to let tablet to recognize new channel. Airplane trick is not necessary.

BTW: That explains why my tablet was not recognizing the 5GHz WiFi networks up to now. My 5GHz WiFi was set to "incompatible" channel 149. And the other networks around are either set to non compatible channels too or have a weak signal. According to my last today finding (but not confirmed yet) the tablet is not much sensitive to 5GHz signal. It reports weak signal on places where my old Samsung phone reports very good signal...

...and yes, the tablet doesn't use the 5GHz advantage. The transfer rates are not (much) better over the 2,4GHz. But I still prefer 5GHz connection from other reasons.

Back