Alldocube X Neo

CrimsonKnight13

Lord Stabington of [H]ard|Fortress
Did you format data? Afaik there is still an incompatibility depending encryption at A12 and TWRP. Going from A11 to A12 my phone did not boot without formatting data .
I did a complete format. It boots fine w/o Magisk but Google Play refuses to run due to Play Protect.

CrimsonKnight13

CrimsonKnight13

I have made a new folder on MEGA with the following:
1642175644181.png

https://mega.nz/folder/r1s0FBZJ#_K7Ep9cyBn3rbjlfa2tlzQ

taro4

Weaksauce
CrimsonKnight13 Can you please explain what is modified in this rom? Has probably already been described in the deleted posts, but I don't remember. :) And why should one flash a rom from the year before last?

CrimsonKnight13

CrimsonKnight13 Can you please explain what is modified in this rom? Has probably already been described in the deleted posts, but I don't remember. :) And why should one flash a rom from the year before last?
Biggest point, the newest global ROM runs a lot better than the newest Chinese version & supports 5GHz Wi-Fi.

Second, this modified ROM allows for bootloader unlocking & system flashing. This is the expected behavior of the Chinese ROM. The "6gb" version allows for a 6GB system partition, which makes it slot A-only (AB can be flashed but only to slot A) Treble compatible with the newest TWRP created by Allexbast.

modified_global_stock_6gb_with_twrp = bootloader unlocking capable, 6GB system partition expansion capable, & TWRP included
modified_global_stock_6gb = bootloader unlocking capable & 6GB system partition expansion capable
modified_global_stock_with_twrp = bootloader unlocking capable & TWRP included
modified_global_stock = bootloader unlocking capable
Port_TWRP3.5.2_9-0_T1009_global_v01 = newest TWRP
update_6gb_global_unlock = files used to make the global ROM unlockable & system partition resizable

Last edited:

taro4

Weaksauce
Thank you. Is it possible to flash modified_global_stock with rawprogram_unsparse_mod.xml to update only the vendor / firmware part?

And what does the update_image_EDL.bat?

Last edited:

CrimsonKnight13

Thank you. Is it possible to flash modified_global_stock with rawprogram_unsparse_mod.xml to update only the vendor / firmware part?

And what does the update_image_EDL.bat?
Oh... I had the batch files in there for testing from the non-X Neo firmware I was looking into from Allexbast's post. I'll remove them & repost the 7z files on MEGA.

I don't have any modified xmls with specific partitions to flash though. I'll look into making a new one for each version before updating the files.

Edit: I'm generating smaller 7z files if possible 100MBish difference isn't much better so going back to the faster method to save me time (LZMA2 20 vs 2 threads/2min vs 16min), removed the cmd/bat files & added a rawprogram_unsparse_upgrade_keepuserandsystem.xml which doesn't flash system & user data img files. I'll upload all 4 7z files after completion.

Last edited:
Reactions: taro4
like this

taro4

Weaksauce
Thanks! In rawprogram_unsparse_upgrade_keepuserandsystem.xml I found a minor difference compared to xmls in older firmwares - the current num_partition_sectors in vendor_5.img is 229016, but in older roms it was 228872. So if QFIL writes a slightly larger partition, this should have effects to the following existing partitions like userdata, or am I wrong?

CrimsonKnight13

Thanks! In rawprogram_unsparse_upgrade_keepuserandsystem.xml I found a minor difference compared to xmls in older firmwares - the current num_partition_sectors in vendor_5.img is 229016, but in older roms it was 228872. So if QFIL writes a slightly larger partition, this should have effects to the following existing partitions like userdata, or am I wrong?
Probably a difference between global & Chinese firmware. You might need to reflash from this version.

CrimsonKnight13 It looks like I found the cause in gsi instability. I slightly misported twrp, twrp is missing avb signature and wrong block sizes. I'll fix it now.​

Thanks! I'll rebuild the 7zips & include your new TWRP version.

CrimsonKnight13

For v0.8 of the guide, I am requesting new screenshots for every step of the "Bootloader Unlocking – Modified from Source" & "TWRP" sections.

Also, testing of GSIs with the newly updated TWRP boot/recovery image with & without Magisk (use phh securize for this) would greatly be appreciated. Screenshots requested for this section as well.

Edit: Stability of the bootloader for unlocking & flashing needs to be tested with the modified global firmware.

Last edited:

Allexbast

n00b
CrimsonKnight13, I never managed to work with the tablet, my child does not want to give it away for anything. TWRP v2 which I posted signed by avb, but not patched by magisk23. I haven't tested TWRP yet. Should I post the next version of twrp patched with magisk23?

CrimsonKnight13

CrimsonKnight13, I never managed to work with the tablet, my child does not want to give it away for anything. TWRP v2 which I posted signed by avb, but not patched by magisk23. I haven't tested TWRP yet. Should I post the next version of twrp patched with magisk23?
Sure! I can upload it as an alternate file to be used for anyone. The only caveat with that is every new system img flash (like a GSI) will require Magisk to be re-flashed.

taro4

Weaksauce
Thanks for your work, Allexbast and CrimsonKnight13, but at the moment I don't see any reason to change my crDRom11 (with older TWRP), it runs without any problems. Never missed 5 GHz Wifi. :)

CrimsonKnight13

Thanks for your work, Allexbast and CrimsonKnight13, but at the moment I don't see any reason to change my crDRom11 (with older TWRP), it runs without any problems. Never missed 5 GHz Wifi. :)
I provided the modified XML files to upgrade all but system & userdata. Not even going to try that out? QFIL can make a full backup of your current setup.