All you fUnc owners....lend me your rears!!!

Viper16

[H]ard|Gawd
I am serisouly thinking about getting the Archetype mousepad for my G5, and all those that own the G5 know that it is picky on what surfaces it plays on...at least it is for me. Or maybe it was fixed through the last firmware upgrade...but nevertheless.

I want to possibly make a custom mousepad, but am worried that if I choose a multi colored picture, or just a regular photo picture that it will have performance degration because the laser will have trouble picking up the data. Is this possible? Or will it work great? I want the most performance out of this, and can skip the whole customizing if it means it will work its 110%. Also should I get the metal body or stick with the plastic?

OR should I just toss the Archetype and get the F-Series? and if so which top? the 10.s or the 30.s? how gritty is the 30.s? or should I just get both the 10.s on one side and the 30.s on the other rather than 10.s on one and 10. on the other?

....*sigh* so many options!! :D

I was thinking about it, and I decided that I did like smoother mousepads than rough. I really don't see the benefit of a rough mouse pad!

Anybody else have any advice or personal experiances?

For a G5, go with the smooth.

The rought side is very nice, I currently use one with a 518. It has a nice resitance for my mouse, but sometimes I wish I had the smooth.

Also I have used the rough side on a G5 *before* the update and it was causing a few problems, but I have not gotten to test it on the newer, updated, G5.

Have you ever played on a smoother mouse pad before? If not it will take time to get use to.

Okay so i decided to go smooth, but what about applying a picture on my pad will it make it lose performance, cause the laser can't read right?

Ooooo good questions.

I was just thinking about this topic the other day, if putting an image on the pad would mess with the mouse accuracy.

Also, Im on the fence with the surface too.. I just have no idea what the surfaces are like.

When I picture the "smooth" surface I think of those cheap mousepads the have like a plasticy type surface, hard and it always rubs my wrists the wrong way on the edges.. grrr.. Is this what the smooth surface is like?

I prefer a "cloth" type feel, nice and soft.

If both the smooth and rough services are NOT like pastiicy and hard that will steer me to the smooth.

Btw im going for the F-series, I cant stand "boarders" on the pad, I want it to feel like its part of the desk, again.. annoys my arm/wrists with raised boarders.

thanks guys!

I don't believe the image will mess up the tracking on the mouse, I could be wrong & correct me if I am.

On mine I do not have a huge detail image, but I have a black background with the white waveish & spots on it. (If you are looking at the custom page, it is under the background tab, bottom row, third one couting from the left). It is not a heavy detailed image, which I think you are wanting to put in.

Back