All you 2001FP people

dtac7

n00b
Are you using 1600 resolution for your desktop or lower? I decided to go with 1280 resolution for my desktop and 1600 resolution for playing games. Will this be a problem?

1600x1200 desktop

1280x1024 while gaming

Gaming under 12x10 just provides a higher framerate. Which I enjoy.

My monitor is about 2 1/2' from my face...about 8 inches past my ams reach.

You shouldn't have any problems switching your resolutions around.

desktop 1600 x 1200

gaming depends on the game but usually 1280 or higher

The monitor is great for handling non native resolutions.

Why not use 16 all the time?
Text and Icons are adjustable to make them bigger if too small.

dolphumous said:
1600x1200 desktop

1280x1024 while gaming

Gaming under 12x10 just provides a higher framerate. Which I enjoy.

My monitor is about 2 1/2' from my face...about 8 inches past my ams reach.

You shouldn't have any problems switching your resolutions around.

Just one small point. A general ergonomics rule is that you should always be able touch your screen. If you can't comfortable reach out without leaning forward and touch it then it is too far away.

Luthorcrow said:
Just one small point. A general ergonomics rule is that you should always be able touch your screen. If you can't comfortable reach out without leaning forward and touch it then it is too far away.

I sit where it's comfortable on my eyes. And I'm only at that distance while playing games, I lean back in my chair. Otherwise its about exactly my arms reach. Just a coincidence.

And I don't know how true this rule could possibly be. How close do you sit next to your television? I sit about 10 feet from my 32" tv. And when I'm laying in bed watching a movie I'm about 8' away from my monitor. I'd worry about sitting too closely. Distancing yourself shouldn't ever really be a problem unless you'd like to read text and just can't see it.

And even at 8' away I can read almost all text on my monitor when it's at 16x12

I'm not arguing...I'm just kinda sayin...ya know?

1600x1200 everywhere I can. Things just look sharper when they are at the native resolution on an LCD panel.

1280x1024 would look pretty assious especially since it's not even the same aspect ratio. Havin the extra desktop space is definitely nice too. If you need things to be bigger, change the settings in the appearance tab in the display properties. Otherwise, run everything at 1600x1200, it will definitely look the best.

Running 1600x1200, havent played much on it yet but Im going for the highest res I can get good fps in.. see no reason to go under 1600x1200 in desktop

Why would you by a 2001FP if you don't plan on using it at it's native resolution in Windows? I work on a Dell i8200 with the same same resolution and it is fine to work on, but I can see it being too small for some, but a 20" panel, come on, if you have a hard time with that then it is time to look at correcting your vision.

dolphumous said:
And I don't know how true this rule could possibly be. How close do you sit next to your television? I sit about 10 feet from my 32" tv. And when I'm laying in bed watching a movie I'm about 8' away from my monitor. I'd worry about sitting too closely...I'm not arguing...I'm just kinda sayin...ya know?

Well, it is a general rule. But to your point about T.V., how often are you attempting to read a page of text in 10 point from your couch? Very different purpose. As for how accurate it is, well my info comes from an ergonomics class I took as an ergonomoics rep for my company. The teacher has a MA in the subject. That said, I am not claiming to be an expert just offer a tip.

I want to get a masters and make lots of money doing something with general rules. :D

Anyway, I'm just saying that sitting too close is bad. Causes eye strain/headaches etc. and I sit where I'm comfortable.

Also, I didn't mention that the center of my screen is perfectly aligned with my eyes.

My 2001FP if on a 8" ish riser.

Back