ALL week, EA Steam Deals

I've got a feeling that it is going to be 75% or 50% off the original ME and 33% or 25% off ME2

though I hope it is the other way around! :D

not bad! original ME for 5 bux, and ME2 for 24 bux

if you don't own ME, there is NO reason not to at this price

Do I get both ME1 and ME2 and play through them in order, or do I just get ME2 and roll with that?

Play through ME1. You need to know the story and characters. Plus ME1 is a great game on its own.

I heard that what you do in ME1 affects the story in ME2.

So with digital deluxe you get some additional armor and weapons? Meh.

Do I get both ME1 and ME2 and play through them in order, or do I just get ME2 and roll with that?

I would personally do a playthrough of the first to the second, and this is a good sale price. I got the digital deluxe on steam for full price a few weeks back :(

ME1 is a RPG with 3rd person shooter combat, barest tactical decisions, just basically arcade combat (balanced by skills/abilities/etc) stuck here and there within a epic Star Wars Episode IV-VI type saga. You play it for the story and the narrative experience, not really for the "gameplay".

Downloading ME2 now....I don't usually play single person games, mostly FPS's multiplayer, but this one has good reviews...and the price is ok.

I beat mass effect 1 three times on 360. And I haven't played the second yet. So I'm in for both.

Had ME1, played about 1/4 through. Picked up ME2, put it in the "to play one day" queue.

I hate Dragon Age, I couldn't tolerate it for more than an hour or two, and I tried a few times. I have the feeling I'll feel the same way about ME, am i right?

Can't tell you if you'll like it or not, but personally I liked Dragon Age a lot better than ME1. And I liked ME1. Haven't played ME2 yet and I thought Dragon Age Awakening wasn't that great.

Steam "made me" spend dozens if not scores of hours on "GTA-VC" that it had for sale for $2.50 last month. Man, what a fun game that is! :cool:

Good prices on the Mass Effect games. If you don't have these already get both. ME1 is good for $5 but ME2 is easily one of the best games to come out this year so far. A must play.

Really hoping for similar/better deals on the Dragon Age games tomorrow!!! Lets cap this off with a bang EA!

i'm disappointed to see ME2 at $24, will wait till end of year when it's $5

i'm disappointed to see ME2 at $24, will wait till end of year when it's $5

Yep. I have no doubt that the game is worth $24, but this is one Steam deal that I'm going to have to muster up the willpower to pass on. I haven't even begun ME1 which I picked up during a previous sale, not to mention my other Steam games. I just can't fork out $24 for ME2, good deal as it may be, when realistically I know the earliest I'll get to it is months from now (maybe sooner if I blast through ME1, but I still have to finish The Saboteur, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, and I haven't even started playing the GTA IV expansions which I'm pretty eager to delve into).

Been disappointed IMO. The only thing I've bought this week is Crysis Max. If thats all a week of steam deals can do to me...then clearly its lacking. :p

Been disappointed IMO. The only thing I've bought this week is Crysis Max. If thats all a week of steam deals can do to me...then clearly its lacking. :p

The really disappointing thing is that the only games to be $5 are games that have been $5 also in the past. I don't believe the $10 ones have ever been under $10, either.

For the most part it's just been a re-hash of an old sale. Can't say I understand those.

Yep. I have no doubt that the game is worth $24, but this is one Steam deal that I'm going to have to muster up the willpower to pass on. I haven't even begun ME1 which I picked up during a previous sale, not to mention my other Steam games. I just can't fork out $24 for ME2, good deal as it may be, when realistically I know the earliest I'll get to it is months from now (maybe sooner if I blast through ME1, but I still have to finish The Saboteur, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, and I haven't even started playing the GTA IV expansions which I'm pretty eager to delve into).

I've got to say I'm with you on this one. $24 is a very good deal. However, if I sat down today and started ME1, it'd take me a long, long time to get to ME2. Not that ME1 features hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay--it's just that I'm working two jobs right now and simply don't have the time to sink into games that I used to.

Taking a look at the nigh-epic backlog of games I have (in large part due to previous Steam sales), I really see no reason not to pass now and grab it during the next big sale when it's $15 or less. I probably won't have gotten to ME1 by time that sale happens, even, unless I make it a point to play through ME1 next (after I finish Grandia III, Vagrant Story, and Dead Space).

I've got to say I'm with you on this one. $24 is a very good deal. However, if I sat down today and started ME1, it'd take me a long, long time to get to ME2. Not that ME1 features hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay--it's just that I'm working two jobs right now and simply don't have the time to sink into games that I used to.

Taking a look at the nigh-epic backlog of games I have (in large part due to previous Steam sales), I really see no reason not to pass now and grab it during the next big sale when it's $15 or less. I probably won't have gotten to ME1 by time that sale happens, even, unless I make it a point to play through ME1 next (after I finish Grandia III, Vagrant Story, and Dead Space).

Stand strong, brother. Steam may have our wallets but it will never have our sooouuuls! :D

Stand strong, brother. Steam may have our wallets but it will never have our sooouuuls! :D

:D

And I just built a new i7 rig because, well, I've got buckets of ducats from working two jobs and had the itch. No time to enjoy it though :eek:

Maybe if I just got fired...hrm...

Just bought ME1.

Total damage inflicted on wallet this week: $56 for 5 games. 1 gaybox360 game = $60 (CDN)
Steam-5, xbox-0
Plus The orange box I bought last week = another $20

Turns out you need DA:Origins on Steam for DA:Awakening to work. Thus, unless they both come for ~$20, which is very very unlikely, looks like I'm done for the week.

Wallet health critical. Need heal.

Hmm...so does Dragon Age have to be the steam version for the steam version of Awakening to work? I have the physical copy of DA...

The really disappointing thing is that the only games to be $5 are games that have been $5 also in the past. I don't believe the $10 ones have ever been under $10, either.

For the most part it's just been a re-hash of an old sale. Can't say I understand those.

I guess for those of us that have the games already, it is disappointing, but for some of us that might have missed out some of those deals, it's a win for us.. well.. at least for me xD Just bought it, and now I don't have to gripe about missing out on a $5 deal game from last Christmas :D

As for me2, I'll be passing as well.

I guess for those of us that have the games already, it is disappointing, but for some of us that might have missed out some of those deals, it's a win for us.. well.. at least for me xD Just bought it, and now I don't have to gripe about missing out on a $5 deal game from last Christmas :D

But part of the plus for devs is that once a game's sold to you on Steam, the trade of it ends there.

ME and ME1 may be only $5, but they've been available before in physical media that you can sell afterwards for the same price. You're out less than $5, and when you sold it, you got that cash and not the devs/pubs through the sale on Steam.

Dead Space is almost two years old. It's $8 on Amazon. Buy it, play it, sell it for $6-8. Maybe you're out $2, maybe you're even. But again the devs/pubs are out that $10 completely.

That's why it's disappointing. At $5 on Steam much less people are buying a used copy and just getting the Steam copy. Five people? That's $25 to the pubs/devs on Steam? Five people eventually buy the same used copy? Dev/pub only get the initial $5, and only the final buyer is out the $5. Worst deal possible for the devs/pub, best case for the buyers.

Most are allowing you to revoke activations, so that's not a hurdle. And after two years, some remove that limit completely anyway.

Have to get the price down more if they want to combat piracy and selling of used copies. $10 for a Fall '08 game that's been less for a while for a physical, resalable copy doesn't cut it IMO...

I know it's beating a dead horse, but devs/pubs really need to consider this with the economy and push these deals low enough that they get a sale and that's the final trade of that license.

This sucks, I don't have the bandwidth for these sales right now. And I've still got just under 5 months out here.

But part of the plus for devs is that once a game's sold to you on Steam, the trade of it ends there....

not sure about your point, convoluted at best. are you complaining there should be more sales or what?

there is another factor to consider. At $5 to $10 a lot of people will re-buy games they already have, to put them on steam. I know I do. Steam adds value beyond a physical copy. Yeah, you can do amazon for $8, but then your game is forever tied to the disk. Lose the disk, reinstall windows, etc. Gone. True, most people play a game and thats it. With steam the option is always there. With physical media, not so much.

Dont forget Steam goes where you go :) The ability to play any game you own anywhere is probably my favorite aspect of Steam other then all the sweat deals.

Back