All Time Best Motherboard ?

No love for the Abit IC7? It was king of the Northwood platform for a good while, and one of the best and longest-running boards I've owned.

I still have 1 IC7 , you are right , the wife and I both had 1 , it is a great platform

Last edited:
I haven't used a motherboard that is perfect, so in all honestly, I can't answer this question just yet :p

But what I can say is that the Z68 Extreme4 GEN3 is a great mobo in overall everything.

I had the Abit IC7 Max 3 board. Beautiful board. But my all time favorite is my current EVGA SR-2 motherboard. Overclocks well and has more than enough options on it.

I loved my two AN832-SLI Deluxes, probably thee best 939 boards I had the pleasure working with, extremely stable and had a ton of functions and just looked cool when it came out.

I also liked the original A8N SLI Deluxe mobo, quirky as fuck but once it was setup correctly it was a decent board, only the earlier nvidia drivers spoiled it, but after that it was a solid board.

Ran my X2 3800, X2 4400, X2 4800 and FX60 in 2 A8N-SLI Deluxes and 2 A8N32-SLI Deluxes without barely any problems, the 48 and 60 were in the A8N32s and the 38 and 44 in the basic A8Ns.

And now onto what I am using now, Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Rev2, probably the finest board I have had the pleasure working with, EXTREMELY stable and also a ton of options, It really is a great board, I simply cannot fault it at all as it has never once caused me any problems and is a great rock solid performer whether its running at default or OC'd settings. I really cant fault this board or praise it highly enough.

So at the top of my list is the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 followed by the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, I could name a few other boards but these are the ones that have made an impression on me in the last 7 years.

Oh and no DFI board gets on my list for the fact that as Dan says, "Tweakers Board" is code for Piece of shit with severe quality control issues.

It was only idiots who bought DFI and then went on forums proclaiming their love for them, they wanted to belong to the elite class of pc builders hence why they bought DFI, but they didnt want to admit to themselves that infact their mobo was a pile of shite.

Yup lets all reset our cmos and jumpers for 12-24 hours each and everytime the thing took a shit.

24 hours to reset a cmos is a total fucking joke and that was official DFI troubleshooting support.

The only thing DFI had going for it was its colours, it had funky coloured mobos etc when everyone else was using plain colours, apart from that they were shite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if I have posted in this thread before or not.

But two boards that stand out to me:

tusl2c-board.jpg

Asus Tusl2

board-s.jpg

Asus P4P800 Deluxe.

I've had some of the motherboards mentioned in this thread, but I think my current motherboard is so much better than any of my previous ones - The BIOS is better, it overclocks like a monster, everything runs, you can update BIOS from windows, you can boot from USB, you dont have to install SATA drivers etc etc.

Asus P8P67 Pro - Everything works better with this modern board than my older boards. Sure, some were nice for the time, but these new boards are so much better in every way I can think of.

No love for the Abit IC7? It was king of the Northwood platform for a good while, and one of the best and longest-running boards I've owned.

KT7A-RAID, first mobo ever.. never figured out how to RAID back then (had to be the same HD.. who knew?) And I had to replace my POS Dell with RAMBUS

NF7S.. my first real motherboard that I started O'Cing..

Miss my IC7-G MAXX III... dear lord that thing was a beast, until I tried my hand at w/c.. woopsie... :)

Personal Favorite.. Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe... Bought an Opty 175 from somebody here on the forums (can't remember his name for the life of me, but was pretty popular guy), and had it stable at 2.68... Never got it to 2.7. First time I ever laped a CPU and heatsink.. Not sure I'll do that again..

Last edited:
My personal favorite- MSI K8N Diamond Plus. Still have one, new in unopen box.

My Abit BD-7 Raid (Socket 478) served me well for almost twelve years (until the power caps took a powder).:)

FIC SD 11.

I put that thing through hell and it still works to this day.

Back in 2005ish, around the time of Battlefield 2, the DFI LanParty was all the rage. Also Asus' A8N series.

That was the brief period when nForce 4 was making a splash, SLI had just been rebooted, and AMD's 939 offerings were simply better than Intel's 478s.

man I have probably owned at least half the boards mentioned lol

favorite motherboards I ever owned were probably

Abit BP-6
Tyan dual slot 1 something... back before the PIII I had dual PII 450's with 384mb ram, was awesome

Back