All Seeing Eye running with BF2?

I just checked for the first time in a while cuz your post made me curious.

Once I updated I gave it a shot and.....IT WORKS!

Thanks for reminding me. I depended on ASE for BF1942 for so long and now I can use it again with BF2. You still have to do your account login when it prompts you, but it brings you right into the server you selected.

Sweet.

It list servers but you cant join any of them from the Eye which just sucks because its 100% better than that ingame gamespy crap.

It list servers but you cant join any of them from the Eye which just sucks because its 100% better than that ingame gamespy crap.

Have you tried it before you posted?

I just did and you are wrong, they have it working now. You can launch from the eye!

everytime i join a game with ASE it doesnt run BF2 in 1280x1024...what do i need to do to make BF2 run in that rez?

KJ43 said:
Have you tried it before you posted?

I just did and you are wrong, they have it working now. You can launch from the eye!

No I just made all of that up :rolleyes:, and if it was fixed it must have been very recent.

Well there ya go. I hadn't heard it was working yet and just checked.

I'm stoked!

Thanks for the info guys. That's the answer I've been waiting for, so I can now go buy BF2.

After using ASE for BF '42/Nam, I can't stand the ingame browsers anymore. It's ASE or nothing.

Thanks again.

i have a friend who uses it. It's amazing how he can find nearly empty, ranked, low ping servers that the BF2 browser doesnt see. After 6 clannies join, population starts rolling in. :D

while it does work, it doesn't pass the password correctly. It won't join my passworded server I run, but it does work for unpassworded servers. (v1.02)

I just downloaded and installed ASE and it can see many more BF2 servers than the BF2 browser, but when I double click it makes me log in and then does nothing when I am logged in. It won't connect to the server. Anyone know how I can fix this? And I do have the latest update, BTW.

donahue said:
I just downloaded and installed ASE and it can see many more BF2 servers than the BF2 browser, but when I double click it makes me log in and then does nothing when I am logged in. It won't connect to the server. Anyone know how I can fix this? And I do have the latest update, BTW.

Are you not filtering out password protected servers?

I haven't run it yet with BF2, I'm going off experience with ASE and BF '42/Nam. Then, if you didn't filter out the passworded servers and tried to connect with the wrong data, it would do nothing.

Ok, now the BF2 browser shows about 30 servers running the 1.01 patch. This is the most annoying thing ever. Any help I can get on getting ASE woul dbe much appreciated.

donahue said:
Ok, now the BF2 browser shows about 30 servers running the 1.01 patch. This is the most annoying thing ever. Any help I can get on getting ASE woul dbe much appreciated.

In the left part of the ASE window, expand the filter "version" and see if there is a 1.02 option. If not, then you don't have the latest update for ASE. If so, but 1.01 or lower is checked, then check 1.02 and refresh the list.

If 1.02 is not listed, temporarily you can check "other" and that will filter out what options are there, such as 1.0 and 1.01, and should leave 1.02.

Back