All Gothic series 75% off

jiminator

[H]F Junkie
The big stuff to get is the Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods, the version on steam includes a new community patch made by the same team that did it for Gothic 3. $2.50

Also Gothic IV: Arcadia is selling for $12.50. Sweet deals. Gothic 1 is not available except in the pack...

Act now and save 75% on all Gothic titles including Gothic, Gothic II: Gold Edition, Gothic 3, Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition, and Arcania - Gothic 4, or get all 5 games with the Gothic Complete Pack for additional savings!

Offer ends this Thursday at 4pm PDT.

Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition contains everything Gothic 3 does, or is Gothic 3 required?

I was about to buy a Gothic game one time, and found out that the newer ones (3 if I recall correctly) has many bugs. Which of the Gothic games has the least bugs and is most enjoyable, with and without mods?

EDIT: By mods I mean unofficial mods that fix bugs and glitches. I know Gothic 3 had a lot and suffered for it.

Last edited:
The Gothic games are pretty good, especially the first two. A bit primitive in the graphics and control department but they are definitely a diamond in the rough. If you still like to play classic RPG's you'll enjoy the shit out of these. As for bugs as XacTactX mentioned, i do believe the buggiest one is Gothic 3, since it was built on a different engine from the first two.

Oh and if you're tempted to play Gothic 4, don't bother. It's a steamy pile of you-know-what.

Forsaken Gods is standalone. It is mostly based on the middle continent of Gothic 3, the snowy north and desert south continents are closed off.

Most people love Gothic 2. The steam version comes with the expansion pack added. The expansion adds a new world and tremendously ramps up the difficulty over the original Gothic 2, but it was probably too easy anyway.

I'm partial to Gothic 3, but I suspect Forsaken Gods should now be just as good (though much less content), and for $2.50 it is a no brainer. Forsaken Gods will not need any mods/patching.

Anyway Gothic 3 patch process is as follows (newer mods may be available btw):
community patch 1.74 first
http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=166

quest patch 4.2 second
http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_433.htm

Content Mod 2.2 last
http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=177

quest patch requires the community patch, content mod requires the quest patch
not sure where all the high res textures live, they all add tons of armors and suits

Even patched, Forsaken Gods is pretty crappy. Gothic 2 + NotR is a damn good game. Gothic 3 + community patch is good, too.

Even patched, Forsaken Gods is pretty crappy. Gothic 2 + NotR is a damn good game. Gothic 3 + community patch is good, too.

You've already had the time to play FG with the new Community Patch? Yeah, the official patches didn't help that mess of a game, but I expect that Mad Vulture's work certainly made the game worth at least $2.50.

I'll be buying the Gothic Universe edition (can't find my copy of Gothic 1) and the separate FG release. Solid $8.25.

Arcania was okay. I guess it's worth the extra $10.50 for those that don't already own any of the games, but not good enough to warrant buying a 2nd, digital copy. If I were strapped for cash, I'd skip Arcania, and just get the first 3 games for $5.75.

You've already had the time to play FG with the new Community Patch? Yeah, the official patches didn't help that mess of a game, but I expect that Mad Vulture's work certainly made the game worth at least $2.50.

No, haven't played the new Mad Vulture patch. It wasn't just the bugs and performance issues that made it bad, it was not made by Pirhana Bytes, and it is obvious. Worth checking out for that price, yes. The patch would need to make the actual content better, as well. Maybe it did...time to read up on that...

Well... I need to decide which ones I want.

If I decide that I want Gothic 4, then I suppose I'll just get the complete pack.

Then again, if people don't like Gothic 4, then it's not likely to develop the community following necessary to fix it...

Thanks for the deal.

Well, as far as i know Gothic 4 was developed by a different company. So it's only similar in name, not gameplay. I was told by some RPG fanatic friends to avoid it, and i take their word as the law.

Just bought the whole shabang for $18 :D Downloading as we speak!
Gothic 1
Gothic 2
Gothic 3
Gothic 3: Forsaken God's Edition
Gothic 4: Arcania

I picked up Gothic 4.

I quite enjoyed the demo, I'm sure it is dumbed down for casual rpg'ers like myself.

Back