All Downloads stop after short time

T-ReV7

n00b
I'm having a problem with my router a Dlink DIR-655. I know its the router because if I direct connect from my cable modem the problem does not exist. What happens is I start downloading/streaming something it will start and then just stop prematurely causing me to restart it to get it too finish. For example on youtube, I start loading a video it loads normally for 2 mins of video and then will stop. I can get it to restart if I swap video quality and then it just does same thing. Loads around 2 mins of video then stops loading.

I have tried switching browsers, and I changed my MTU size from 1500 to 1300 I heard that can help. No dice.
My motherboard is a GA-P67A-UD4-B3 if that matters.
I have the latest firmware on my router.

RESOLVED:
Installed new network card and disabled the onboard one.

Last edited:
I've had this happen before. If what stiltner says does not work, the router is going bad. Either it is a memory fault causing the freeze up or the CPU in the router can no longer function properly causing the router freak out.

Resetting did not work. I'm thinking that it is a settings/compatibility issue though because I just got new computer and therefore new network card and the issue just started.

Last edited:
I have tested with another system and it does not do this behavior. This makes me think it is some issue between the router and the LAN chipset which is Realtek 8111E. Next I am going to test on the same computer but booting a linux live CD.

I took your advice, I had an old ethernet card laying around and installed it. The problem is gone. Pretty lame to spend 180 on motherboard and to have this annoying problem.

Back