All Batman games on sale at Green Man Gaming

Good deal. Injustice and Lego games too.

P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9 for an extra 20% off. Can get Arkham Knight down to $48.

Last edited:
Does Arkham Origins have the same hokey melee fights? I quit the others games because of the canned fights

Does Arkham Origins have the same hokey melee fights? I quit the others games because of the canned fights
First time I ever had seen a complaint about the combat. To answer...yes.
Same... The Freeflow combat system is genre-defining and something I'm sure we'll see in action games for years to come. So what is canned about them? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say, especially compared to other action games with a fighting element...

The first game I played on the PS3 trying Arkham City on a Keyboard I'll see how it works out.

Same... The Freeflow combat system is genre-defining and something I'm sure we'll see in action games for years to come. So what is canned about them? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say, especially compared to other action games with a fighting element...

Well I would go about my quests and would invariably encounter a cued up melee with an assortment of thugs. Then I would do the typical thrashing about with dukes and spins until I landed some kind of magic blow that would lead to a weird cut scene type deal where batman would do a slow motion kick and hit the enemy just right with great fanfare, noise etc. It all just felt kind of 5th grade. The melees were predictable and boring after a point. The chick always yelling "Hey Bats!" after a defeat of some kind was also corny/tiresome. There were other great things about the game. The melees were just the worst I ever encountered

Last edited:
I guess, if you were just mashing buttons until you could counter, it might seem a little cheesy... but if you actually try to win the fight without getting hit and using some of the abilities that you have, it really is a blast.

I'm not much of a fighting gamer, but I liked the combat so much, I would play the little competition levels and try to get a good score. Something I don't really care about...

I guess, if you were just mashing buttons until you could counter, it might seem a little cheesy... but if you actually try to win the fight without getting hit and using some of the abilities that you have, it really is a blast.

That could be - which is why I didn't like the cut scene "coup de grace" kick that the game delivered while I sat back and watched. Its like I was doing the fighting and then the game took over

I'm not much of a fighting gamer, but I liked the combat so much, I would play the little competition levels and try to get a good score. Something I don't really care about...
Agreed. I am always trying to get the biggest variation bonus I can muster, and always get a little pissed off when I forget a move or two. Wasn't so bad in Asylum, but City complicated things by nearly doubling the amount of things you could do in combat.

The first game I played on the PS3 trying Arkham City on a Keyboard I'll see how it works out.

Probably should just use your PS3 controller. Though I played Arkham asylum with a kb/m for a little bit, it feels better with a controller.

Probably should just use your PS3 controller. Though I played Arkham asylum with a kb/m for a little bit, it feels better with a controller.
I tried Asylum with Kb+M for about 10 minutes before switching to Xbox 360 controller :p.

Hmm.. I wonder if I'm the only guy who prefers Kb+M for 3D action games / platforms.
Looking around with controller's mini sticks just takes too long and is awkward compared to a quick swipe with a mouse.

Played for about a half hour have no issues with the keyboard keys attack is on the mouse which makes it pretty easy.

That could be - which is why I didn't like the cut scene "coup de grace" kick that the game delivered while I sat back and watched. Its like I was doing the fighting and then the game took over

It's different depending on the move you do and position they are in. It’s just the game’s way of letting you know it’s the final guy. What an odd thing to nitpick.

Loved Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. But after all the bad press, I just can't make myself buy Arkham Origins.

With Origins you see it's mainly the smaller things, implementation and polish that separate a good game from a great game.

Origins is still a good game but it isn't a great game despite the same foundation due to the "little" details.

Hmm.. I wonder if I'm the only guy who prefers Kb+M for 3D action games / platforms.
Looking around with controller's mini sticks just takes too long and is awkward compared to a quick swipe with a mouse.

I played all 3 so far with the kb/m. The only tricky part I think, compared to having a controller with analog controls, is a challenge involving gliding since you don't have the analog controls, instead you need to tap instead the perform the maneuver.

I generally prefer the kb/m. It's likely simply a familiarity issue since personally the last console I played a lot on was the N64, which was the beginning of the analog stick era for controllers. Outside of occasionally playing the PS3 I never played much using controllers since then. Otherwise I've strictly been gaming on the PC using kb/m.

i played the first and some of the second with kb/m. It just gets to be so much "work" doing it that I stopped. the battles become not really fun and more tedious

Back