All 2.8C "MO" owners report in

cornelious0_0

[H]F Junkie
I've just got a quick question to shoot you guys that I hope will get some positive feedback. I'm gonna be picking up a 2.8C "MO" VERY soon that already does 3.5GHz (250fsb) at 1.6v and I'm just wondering what experiences some other fellow [H]ard members have had with these particular chips.

My OCZ PC4000EL tops out at 267MHz at 1:1 (completely stable in memtest/prime) and I was kinda hoping that I'd be able to hit close to that with the 2.8 I'm getting, given the stepping..........mainly for the 3.7GHz clock that would come as a result. I've got no problem bumping the voltage up to 1.75 or so if needed but I just figured I'd try and get some personal feedback from you guys first.

I look forward to hearing what you guys have found with these things..........I can hardly wait!!! :D

could you post your results once you get them in, im a 2.4c m0 owner and im curious to see what your m0 can do

Originally posted by acascianelli
could you post your results once you get them in, im a 2.4c m0 owner and im curious to see what your m0 can do

Of course I will be, that's a given. I was kinda hoping that there'd be a couple guys/gals around here that already HAD 2.8 "MO" chips that might already have some results.

If not, whatever.....I'll still use this thread to post up what I come out with.

Running mine at 3.6 for the past week. 1.55 volt at 257MHz. No issues and passed Prime95 for several hours, no gaming problems and SuperPI ran about two seconds faster than when it was at 3.5, 250MHZ. Haven't pushed it past the 257 yet since that was my target. Going to spend some more time tweaking my memory first since I am running 1:1 with 2.5,4,4,7 timings.

Originally posted by smahoney
Running mine at 3.6 for the past week. 1.55 volt at 257MHz. No issues and passed Prime95 for several hours, no gaming problems and SuperPI ran about two seconds faster than when it was at 3.5, 250MHZ. Haven't pushed it past the 257 yet since that was my target. Going to spend some more time tweaking my memory first since I am running 1:1 with 2.5,4,4,7 timings.

Nice stuff dude. I think my official goal with end up being 267FSB, just so I can max out my ram and hit ~ 6.5GB/s in Sandra. :D Anything over 250FSB is gonna be just icing on the cake.....but you all know me, no way will I leave my ram at stock. ;)

I've got an m0 stepping at 3.5 (see sig) and since 3.5 was my goal i havent really tried anything higher yet, plus i dont really wanna up the volts anymore. But i did have the OEM ver of this chip earlier (dont remember the stepping but i know it wasnt m0) and couldnt pass 3.2 no matter what i did so i guess there IS something bout teh m0 where it o/c's better

I can understand why a lot of people might not want to increase the voltage but I've been running my 2.6C @ 1.75v for a few months, just because of the voltage flux on my mobo, I've gotta set it high so that it doesn't flux to low under stress.

I'll be interesting to see what I can do with the 2.8 MO at 1.75v.....especially when I finally do the freaking droop mod. The droop mod basically makes it so that what you set the voltage as in the BIOS, thats EXACTLY what it is under load. It idles a bit high after the mod, but oh well. ;)

I've got 1 month before the LAN I'm attending next so you guys can expect updates from/with the 2.8 and droop mod in the next few weeks for sure.

I assume he was referring to mine.....I really don't condone senseless thread plugging, that's why you're given a limited amout of bumps.....to give everyone a fair chance. If someone's looking for one, they'll go looking. Please don't use my thread as free advertisement.

Chill out. Every six hours your allowed a bump. It's not senseless when i am helping him find a chip.

Originally posted by xfoureyedgeek
Chill out. Every six hours your allowed a bump. It's not senseless when i am helping him find a chip.

That's not what I'm getting at.

The "one bump every 6 hours" rule applies to your thread directly and I don't (personally) think it's right to go beyond that and "post around" with your sale.

I can understand that you're just trying to help him find a chip, and that's great. But please.....PM him, that's what the service is there for. I appreciate that you're trying to help, but there are better ways to go about it then posting plugs/references to your sale(s) in my discussion thread. I'm not complaining here, I'm making a legitimat point.....so please don't take this as a personal attach or anything, because it's far from that.

I think you gotta do what you gotta do to get rid of your stuff.. I made a mistake i should of PM him. I think you should of PM me too, then thread crap your own thread by us replying to eachother

I think you gotta do what you gotta do to get rid of your stuff.. I made a mistake i should of PM him. I think you should of PM me too, then thread crap your own thread by us replying to eachother

I don't really think that the you gotta do what ya gotta do school of though is welcome around here, because many ppl in the FS/FT forums look very negatively on you even if you accidently bump twice in 6 hours. I agree that WE should have done this via PM though too so yeah..........no more in here plz.

2.8 C @ 3.6 max on air cooling. I got it to boot at 3.7 but it got too hot. Working on a watercooling setup.

2.8 C @ 3.6 max on air cooling. I got it to boot at 3.7 but it got too hot. Working on a watercooling setup.

Really? With the Zalman? What voltage were you at, and what was your room/case temp. It must be something related to your ambient temp or case airflow or something 'cus me and my buddy have cranked his 2.6C almost to 3.65GHz on the Zalman and it wasn't that hot.....I dunno. This is the problem with cooling, it's completely case to case. If one person says to you that their 2500+ runs hot, that means jack shit to you.....until YOU have it in YOUR case.

Thx for your input though.....but you don't scare me. ;) :p

Really? With the Zalman? What voltage were you at, and what was your room/case temp

1.7 volts.

Airflow is good is just it gets hot during the mid day.

but you don't scare me.
Whats to be scared of?
insidecase.cover.JPG

Hi

I got a 2.8 m0 @ 3.3 (1.65v). Its not Prime stable though. This is on a Koolance Exos.

POS chip. Was made in Costa Rica.

Originally posted by TheWanted_
Hi

I got a 2.8 m0 @ 3.3 (1.65v). Its not Prime stable though. This is on a Koolance Exos.

POS chip. Was made in Costa Rica.

Dude, I feel for ya.....that's kinda the same way my 2.6C is.....except it's not an MO so I've kinda got an excuse. ;)

To xfoureyedgeek, what kind of case am I looking at.....It resembles a coolermaster but I'm not quite sure. I have never considered coolermasters to be very good for airflow, as many of them don't even have "holes" for front intakes. The ones that do are covered by that thick mesh filter stuff that really kinda kills the cfm anyways.

Maybe I'm wrong about the case but I just thought I'd take a shot in the dark.

Do you have a sensor to measure the case temp, other then anything on the mobo?

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
Dude, I feel for ya.....that's kinda the same way my 2.6C is.....except it's not an MO so I've kinda got an excuse. ;)

:( At least you got 700mhz out of your CPU. I reckon I'll sell this and get a Prescott 2.4A for shits and giggles.

Someone told me on another board that the Kingston HyperX 3500 RAM (2x256) won't go 250FSB. Well here's proof that it does, I clocked it to a whopping 250 (3.5Ghz) from a 2.8m0 chip. Although it wasn't stable cos I was only on 1.6v.

cpuz2.JPG

Originally posted by TheWanted_
:( At least you got 700mhz out of your CPU. I reckon I'll sell this and get a Prescott 2.4A for shits and giggles.

My Prescott 2.4A hit a whopping 2.8 ghz. Needless to say I returned it and ordered me a 2.8c m0....Going to be very pissed if I get two bum o/c'ers in a row.

Originally posted by Therms
My Prescott 2.4A hit a whopping 2.8 ghz. Needless to say I returned it and ordered me a 2.8c m0....Going to be very pissed if I get two bum o/c'ers in a row.

This is just why I hate to see people saying "I'm just get this cpu, and then my OC will kick ass".....it very well might not. Even when the fabled 2.4C's started hitting the market there we a lot of people not clearing or even hitting 3GHz.....while others were having no issues hitting a 1GHz overclock.

Although it wasn't stable cos I was only on 1.6v.

And here's were things get mixed up even more. Two people with the EXACT same setup might both hit the same overclock, but system A might need an extra little voltage bump to get there. The chip I'm picking up does 3.5GHz @ 1.6v all day long, no worries, so I'm happy. I'm hoping (key word hoping) to hit 267FSB (to max out my ram at 1:1) for 3.7GHz and I have no problem having the vcore as high as 1.75v.

Good luck to you Therms with that 2.8.....I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Originally posted by smurkey
Someone told me on another board that the Kingston HyperX 3500 RAM (2x256) won't go 250FSB...

maybe they meant that it wont do 1:1 at 250fsb.

maybe they meant that it wont do 1:1 at 250fsb.

You can't say that. I've seen a lot of BH-5 and BH-6 ram making it up to 240 or 250 FSB at 1:1 with some decent voltage.....and with 2-2-2-5 timings to boot. I'm not saying that's what he's got, just that it is possible, and not that uncommon.

Sorry to see your ram tops @ 267. I got geil PC4000 that is running 284FSB @ 3.2v 3 4 4 8.

Had a 2.8mo that did 3.5 @ 1.6V

My current 2.4C does 3.4 @ 1.775V :eek: on air cooling, max temp 44C 24hours of prime.

it's really m0 <---zero and it's a revision for the p4's. Like Tbred B was to A for amd.

m0's are p4ee's whos l3 cache was defective, so they disabled the l3 cache set a lower multiplier and called it a day. they came in 2.4 and 2.8ghz cpu's

Sorry to see your ram tops @ 267. I got geil PC4000 that is running 284FSB @ 3.2v 3 4 4 8.

K dude, now you really wanna make me do the vdimm mod too, to bump my max votlage up to 3.15v as opposed to my current 2.85v. Even if I wasn't able to gain A LOT of extra clock speed, I could at least tighten the timings a bit.

m0's are p4ee's whos l3 cache was defective, so they disabled the l3 cache set a lower multiplier and called it a day. they came in 2.4 and 2.8ghz cpu's

Can you actually confirm this???

the die size on both the m0 stepping p4's and the p4ee's is identical, the d1's are slightly smaller. the m0 stepping p4's come up as gallatin cores not northwoods on some cpu id programs, p4ee's are based on the gallatin core.

the die size on both the m0 stepping p4's and the p4ee's is identical, the d1's are slightly smaller. the m0 stepping p4's come up as gallatin cores not northwoods on some cpu id programs, p4ee's are based on the gallatin core.

K, just 'cus I don't actually feel like doing any looking into this I'll trust ya. ;)

I can hardly wait for my crippled P4EE to show up. :D

I have an M0 2.4c in my system now, it does ok, but takes a lot of volts. to get a 1ghz oc.

Originally posted by eViL_M@LuM
I have an M0 2.4c in my system now, it does ok, but takes a lot of volts. to get a 1ghz oc.

p4ee's take 1.6v be default i think, so id imagine that the m0's are able to handle higher voltage better than d1's

1.775 to get 3.4ghz, i would go higher but I think my ram is limiting me, it only wants to do 284FSB

Originally posted by eViL_M@LuM
1.775 to get 3.4ghz, i would go higher but I think my ram is limiting me, it only wants to do 284FSB

1.775V

Erm...not worried about SNDS?

Back