**It's DEAD, Jim!** Logitech MX518 $19.99 and more on sale at Best Buy

Same happened to me - only local pickup or curbside when I first ordered, looking at order later I saw the option but they wanted $5.49 to ship. I think orders $35+ get free shipping.
Curbside pickup for Friday. I used that because BB is next to my favorite local watering hole. Good excuse to stop in and get watered.

After I bought mine...I notice that I have 4 other logitech mice kicking around as spares...two of which are G502s still in their boxes.

I may need to seek professional help. ;)

I checked my order and was able to change it to free shipping, since I ordered two. I'm too lazy to go in or drive up these days lol.

I get laughed at when I call them spares...

Attachments

• mouse'spares'.jpg
    mouse'spares'.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks OP. I have a MX518 that I need to replace the frayed cable, but I've been lazy. Now I have 2 MX518!

I love the Logitech MX518, it's still my favorite mouse to date. I did earlier pick up a "Legendary" the newer version of it but I still use a 1st gen MX518 from god knows how many years ago and this mouse has already been through like 3000+ hrs of intensive Unreal Tournament 3 action when I studied like 7-10 years ago so it must be like over 10 years old with lots of use and still functioning perfectly well (had to open it up to fix the lose cable issue that was the main issue with the old version without cable stress relief).

I think the newer version doesn't seem to be of the same high build quality as the older one but then again you get a new updated sensor. I liked the older small plastic mouse feet slightly more, has a better glide on my cloth pads but the newer is decent enough as well. The newer is slightly lighter as well which I think is better as from "competitive gaming" point of view MX518 was slightly bit in the upper end of reasonable weight when these days it's more like below 100g you want.

Had this mouse in my cart twice did not check out now it's back up to 39 lol oh well.

Its been a while since Ive had a mouse that fit my hand soo damn perfectly.. (Since the original 518)

I swear it feels like my aim in FPS has dramatically improved because of it..

Best 20 bucks spent in a long ass time! :D:ROFLMAO:

122432944_2853066205016102_5672128670824529789_n.jpg

Reactions: maro
like this
Its been a while since Ive had a mouse that fit my hand soo damn perfectly.. (Since the original 518)

I swear it feels like my aim in FPS has dramatically improved because of it..

Best 20 bucks spent in a long ass time! :D:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 291637
Wider than most of these weenie mice nowadays? I had one way back and do not remember. All these new mice are too narrow for long term comfort for me. Got my update from BB yesterday. Will pick up tomorrow.

Its definitely thicker up top than most of these newer mice, and I think that is whats most comfortable for me.

like this
I got email that my order is ready for pickup but it was 5 minutes before they close, I will also be going tomorrow.

Wider than most of these weenie mice nowadays?
Wider and taller compared to a G Pro or MM711. Taller moreso than wider when compared to those 2. This is based on my old MX510 cause I didnt feel like digging up the 518 but the shell should be very similar. Cannot say for sure if this new version is the same but I think it is. For me it was always a comfortable shape.

picked mine up today... haven't opened it yet.. because I don't really need it? debating what to do with it... I guess I will see if I like it more than my Sensei 310 I guess at some point.. debating not opening it and giving it as xmas present to someone as well?

20201022_190822.jpg

picked mine up today... haven't opened it yet.. because I don't really need it? debating what to do with it... I guess I will see if I like it more than my Sensei 310 I guess at some point.. debating not opening it and giving it as xmas present to someone as well?

View attachment 291715
try it out. These mice are an amazing fit. It's like a tailored suit. If I still used a mouse instead of a trackball, there would be no alternative.

View attachment 291715
LOL. Same dilemma. Got mine yesterday, as well, and it's calling to me to release it. Now I wish I'd bought two.

well I decided I don't really like other people anyways.. So I opened mine and I'm trying mine out, I had a old G5 back in the day it is similar to that I guess.. feel wise. I'm going to give it a day or two, Honestly I'm leaning towards keeping my Sensei 310 however just on initial impressions, but I'll give myself a few days to properly try it out / get us to it.

edit:: I do not love the scroll wheel ... seems sort of stiff compared to the Sensei 310?

Got mine and liking it. The old comfortable familiar shape I love. Sensor seems great. It's fast and responsive but has a different 'feel' to it (this is very subtle and is hard for me to describe) I doubt it's a problem, just a matter of getting used to. First experience with the Hero sensor and I'm a big Pixart 3360 or 3366 fan so there may be some bias but so far I like it. The mousewheel feels a little rough when scrolling but feels like it is wearing in.

I forgot how much I loved this mouse. Tried to adjust to the G403 but the shape just didn't feel right no matter how long I tried to adjust. My tracking in AFPS games is nuts now but I'm still adjusting to rocket/railgun flicks as the Model D spoiled me with it's lightness. This definitely feels more natural and in control whenever I'm following a target from the get go. I assume the flicks will come in time once I'm used to the weight.

Gotta say for $20, this was a steal. Hoping the classic issues of ghost clicks don't occur at a rate the original models did, but I'm pretty sure my hand has evolved to prefer this chassis. Wish I snagged more to give to my buddies. Thanks op 😃

It's using light but it's not visible.

and no RGB or other LED effects.

I am really liking the buttons on this mouse. Scroll wheel is a bit noisy, but getting used to it.

like this
I am really liking the buttons on this mouse. Scroll wheel is a bit noisy, but getting used to it.

Definitely feels more stiff than I remember. Giggity. I'm not getting any ghost scrolls though (when you barely touch the mouse wheel and it causes one line to scroll.) That was a huge issue with the original version I kept running into.

Got mine a few days ago. Need to learn controls. Doesn’t seem fast enough. My Mx master was setup same and way faster. I miss the side scroll wheel and fancy vertical scroll. Mouse is nice though. Might just pick up a new master.

My wheel also made noise and felt cheap scrolling but is starting to break in. Feels a lot smoother now and that slight scraping noise is gone.

Got one thanks! now to add it to the stockpile of keyboards and mouses I never use! :hungry:

like this
anyone know how to setup the profiles for this mouse? I threw out the user guide and cant find one online

The little buttons above and below the mousewheel will adjust preset DPI up or down. I think default is 800, 1600, 3200, 6400. If you want custom settings you'll either need Logitech Gaming Software or the newer G Hub software. Can't comment on GH. Since LGS does everything I need I was not compelled to install it. GH is their new baby though, it seems LGS will probably not get updated any more.

The little buttons above and below the mousewheel will adjust preset DPI up or down. I think default is 800, 1600, 3200, 6400. If you want custom settings you'll either need Logitech Gaming Software or the newer G Hub software. Can't comment on GH. Since LGS does everything I need I was not compelled to install it. GH is their new baby though, it seems LGS will probably not get updated any more.

Download the logitech gaming software and it'll let you set buttons, dpi etc
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025298053
Thanks. I tried logitech options and that didn't help. LGS seems to work with setting up profiles but perhaps have to restart to get the button to work. Thanks again.

In case anyone had to come to the comments for a review or advice, this is literally the best mouse ever made. Literally. As long as you like the style, it agrees with any grip (fingertip or palm), the sensor is "outdated", but by the time sensors were upgraded to this level of precision, no one on the planet would be able to notice the difference in any real sense of accuracy.

For $20, you should buy 6 and never buy another mouse the rest of your lives. I bought 2, because my 518 died after 6 years of use last year, in which case i bought a corsair rival. It's adequate, and the lights are pretty, but I missed my mx518 so much.

Also, the 502 is fantastic at 15$. Not for my personal use, but it lights up so kids love them. I purchase it for 20-30$ for my cousin last year and he really enjoys it. Works nicely for their tiny hands.

TLDR: Buy one.

You almost got me to buy a keyboard I don't need with the update but I resisted. :)

In case anyone had to come to the comments for a review or advice, this is literally the best mouse ever made. Literally. As long as you like the style, it agrees with any grip (fingertip or palm), the sensor is "outdated", but by the time sensors were upgraded to this level of precision, no one on the planet would be able to notice the difference in any real sense of accuracy.

For $20, you should buy 6 and never buy another mouse the rest of your lives. I bought 2, because my 518 died after 6 years of use last year, in which case i bought a corsair rival. It's adequate, and the lights are pretty, but I missed my mx518 so much.

Also, the 502 is fantastic at 15$. Not for my personal use, but it lights up so kids love them. I purchase it for 20-30$ for my cousin last year and he really enjoys it. Works nicely for their tiny hands.

TLDR: Buy one.
Did you mean the 203?

Back