Alita: Battle Angel Official Trailer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
20th Century Fox has released the trailer for Robert Rodriguez’s live-action adaptation of classic Japanese manga Battle Angel Alita (Gunm), which follows an amnesiac cyborg who slowly regains memories and fighting skills from her old life. The film is co-written by James Cameron, who has been working on the script since 2003. Thanks Montu.

From visionary filmmakers James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez, comes Alita: Battle Angel, an epic adventure of hope and empowerment. When Alita (Rosa Salazar) awakens with no memory of who she is in a future world she does not recognize, she is taken in by Ido (Christoph Waltz), a compassionate doctor who realizes that somewhere in this abandoned cyborg shell is the heart and soul of a young woman with an extraordinary past.

Ok so we all know that hollywood can't translate video games or Anime into Live action for shit and that gives this about a 99.999999999999999999999999999% chance that it will also be absolute and utter shit and piss off every single person who grew up with the manga/anime in the 90's. That said..the trailer doesn't actually look bad and at the very least manages to not instantly trigger the "Fuck you hollywood for shitting on another IP" reflex. So I'll wait and see if it is worth watching but won't be holding my breath or be surprised when it turns out it is shit.

Ok so we all know that hollywood can't translate video games or Anime into Live action for shit and that gives this about a 99.999999999999999999999999999% chance that it will also be absolute and utter shit and piss off every single person who grew up with the manga/anime in the 90's. That said..the trailer doesn't actually look bad and at the very least manages to not instantly trigger the "Fuck you hollywood for shitting on another IP" reflex. So I'll wait and see if it is worth watching but won't be holding my breath or be surprised when it turns out it is shit.

i don't know bro looks pretty bad ass. i'm personally not into manga/anime so i wouldn't know the difference. but seein that freakin robert rodriguez and james cameron teamed up on this one, it's got to at least be half decent.? so, yeah i'll be doin imax 3D for this one. (am i the only fan left? realD sux)

i don't know bro looks pretty bad ass. i'm personally not into manga/anime so i wouldn't know the difference. but seein that freakin robert rodriguez and james cameron teamed up on this one, it's got to at least be half decent.? so, yeah i'll be doin imax 3D for this one. (am i the only fan left? realD sux)

It comes down to the simple fact that historically hollywood has utterly butchered every single gaming/anime to live action translation. It might turn out good, but I sure as shit wouldn't ever go to a theater much less pay the insane prices for imax to watch it.

It actually looks good, those eyes though are creepy as f&$#, out of all the acetics from anime artistic style they chose the weird unreasonable one to translate to the big screen.....just weird.

Well, that trailer saved me some time. 10 plot points, the rest questionable CGI thrills and spills.

Own the anime (wish there was more), read the manga (not sure all of it tho), so hopefully this is successful!
Anyone know if they're including Motoball in this movie (offers hands, literally)?

To those who don't like it, EAT FLAN!!!

Attachments

• BAA09_156_Nova.jpg
    BAA09_156_Nova.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
The eyes actually aren't as creepy as the teaser from a few months ago... they look slightly less bulgy than before and slightly more realistic.

Looks very dumb. Major uncanny valley stuff going on with the robot girl. Couldn't even make it half-way through the trailer before turning it off.

All the big names tied to this, wow. I hope it's good.

The eyes are a bit creepy but I would guess after 5-10 minutes your brain adjusts.

The eyes actually aren't as creepy as the teaser from a few months ago... they look slightly less bulgy than before and slightly more realistic.

I did wonder why it bothered me a bit less in this latest trailer than when I originally saw the character. Makes sense.

I'm the 1st person to stand up and call out the endless parade of schlock coming out of Hollywood... with literally everything being a celebration of style without substance....

... that being said, this actually doesn't look like it sucks. I don't need explanations for every little detail for adaptations to titles I've long enjoyed.... but for FUCK SAKE, don't insult my intelligence with lazy story telling.. please.

I haven't been to the theater since Jupiter Ascending back in 2015. This will bring me back. Then the new Avatar movies... boy, oh boy. I am sucker for that Cameron quality

It comes down to the simple fact that historically hollywood has utterly butchered every single gaming/anime to live action translation. It might turn out good, but I sure as shit wouldn't ever go to a theater much less pay the insane prices for imax to watch it.

only way to experience in IMAX tho??? :cool: just sux that all the imax theatres aren't true imax theatres they're just using imax 3D tech. the real ones are like the one @ the Virginia air and space museum which has the 76X97 FT screen!!! :) not the (mall) imax which uses a standard 28X58 ft screen just uses the IMAX 3D & sound tech (which still blows realD out the water) they use to show every hollywood IMAX movie there for $10 but now its only the really big ones. hopefully they will do "alita"!!!!

I haven't been to the theater since Jupiter Ascending back in 2015. This will bring me back. Then the new Avatar movies... boy, oh boy. I am sucker for that Cameron quality

wow that sux!!! you got ripped off on that one! can see why it's been a while... plus this year has seemed a little slow. you missed "the little hours" though! and "super troopers 2" oh man i haven't laughed that hard in years!!!

Was so disappointed to learn that there was only 1 anime of this. Pretty damn excited to see the movie. Odds are against it being good, but I really like the two main actors shown so...

wow that sux!!! you got ripped off on that one! can see why it's been a while... plus this year has seemed a little slow. you missed "the little hours" though! and "super troopers 2" oh man i haven't laughed that hard in years!!!

No, you got that all wrong. I LOVED Jupiter Ascending at the local IMAX. Especially that huge fight in the city. I've never seen anything like that. It's not even remotely the same on a TV at home.

Sarcasm? If not... :yuck:

Ah, it's ok. I can shit on your favorites movies any time you want. You wouldn't like me if you happen to enjoy the works of Nolan, Spielberg, Fincher, Villeneuve and their ilk :D

Was so disappointed to learn that there was only 1 anime of this. Pretty damn excited to see the movie. Odds are against it being good, but I really like the two main actors shown so...
I still remember the day I walked it to Merlin's Books asking when vol.2 coming out...... :(

only way to experience in IMAX tho??? :cool: just sux that all the imax theatres aren't true imax theatres they're just using imax 3D tech. the real ones are like the one @ the Virginia air and space museum which has the 76X97 FT screen!!! :) not the (mall) imax which uses a standard 28X58 ft screen just uses the IMAX 3D & sound tech (which still blows realD out the water) they use to show every hollywood IMAX movie there for $10 but now its only the really big ones. hopefully they will do "alita"!!!!

Can't say i care about imax. To me it isn't the size of the picture but the quality of the overall experience. Last time I went to a theater was around 2007. I got fed up with $16 a person prices, idiots on their phones, piss poor picture quality, horribly tuned sound and absolute robbery for low quality snacks. Once I had a blu-ray HT setup with a quality sound system and a good TV that fills my entire field of view, I had zero reason to ever return and put up with their nonsense.

Where did James Cameron have time to do this movie? His avatar movies already been delayed several times, this why?

Can't say i care about imax. To me it isn't the size of the picture but the quality of the overall experience. Last time I went to a theater was around 2007. I got fed up with $16 a person prices, idiots on their phones, piss poor picture quality, horribly tuned sound and absolute robbery for low quality snacks. Once I had a blu-ray HT setup with a quality sound system and a good TV that fills my entire field of view, I had zero reason to ever return and put up with their nonsense.

that's why you need to see a movie in imax tho... to me i got my money's worth (especially at $10) and it's def. something you can't get at home.. i don't care what you got, it ain't IMAX!!!

that's why you need to see a movie in imax tho... to me i got my money's worth (especially at $10) and it's def. something you can't get at home.. i don't care what you got, it ain't IMAX!!!

I've seen more than a few films in imax..Color me unimpressed.

Doesn't look bad to me.
(but what do I know???)
Oh, and at 1:37- "I DID NOT MURDER HIM!!!"

the movie looks more interesting to ghost in the shell at least though i will wait for reviews still...

but.. i just question the release timing of this movie though.. why december?? I imagine it will get trounced by marry poppins..

They're sure pushing that cyborg part hard. Going to have to go back and reread the two books I have, but not a lot of this is looking familiar to me. The dude with the mohawk and the guy on the motorcycle are vaguely familiar...

Back