Alienware/Other

XSNiper

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anybody here know how the Alienware laptops perform? I've heard they have loud fans and short battery life? Is this still true..

Also, what is the best laptop that one can buy for around $1300-$2000?

I'll be using the laptop for college, taking notes etc. etc. But I like to have a little bit of horsepower if you know what I mean. However I don't want a leaf blower that can be heard by the entire class..

With that price range dont even look at an Alienware. Your only going to be able to customize a few things before your maxed out.

Go with some other company like Sager or Acer...
places like www.xtremenotebooks.com

A better place to ask would be over at notebooksforums.com. But in the end dont waste money on buying an alienware when you get get equal or better performance for much cheaper with Sager.

I don't know if I'm missing a button or something but these websites are killing my budget limit..(except acer). The P4 Sagers are all around $2000 right off the bat..

Ok I got it, man that NP5750 looks sexy. :cool:

How good is that gen-x-pc place? Thats crazy low prices...even when you customize it. Anybody order from them?

XSNiper said:
How good is that gen-x-pc place? Thats crazy low prices...even when you customize it. Anybody order from them?

I asked the same thing http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1059466
got 1 response saying it was good from a person with a total of 1 post, was hoping to find some [H] veterans that might have had some experiance with them

I also found this on notbookreview http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=4148 not many positive reviews, but then again no negative ones i could find.

theres several nice things about buying a notebook from alienware but if your looking to not get all the "fluff" you can go with the other guys.

as someone else said, with a $2000 budget i wouldnt go with alienware. i recently purchased the new mALX and im anxiously awaiting it ( was one of the first 10 to order! )

will put up a nice review with pictures once it gets here

Back