Alienware M18X is here...@&^%!@&$%

What's everyone think? Honestly, that looks like an awesome laptop, and I just built a $2200 build that once I get an SSD and some extra RAM, will serve all my computing and gaming needs (except for battery life) for the next few years.

/Why are there no cheap laptops with an i7-2720QM and a decent keyboard (ie no Clevo)

It's almost as ridiculous as the 20" Dell laptop they came out with a few years back.

The luggable is back!

What's everyone think? Honestly, that looks like an awesome laptop, and I just built a $2200 build that once I get an SSD and some extra RAM, will serve all my computing and gaming needs (except for battery life) for the next few years.

/Why are there no cheap laptops with an i7-2720QM and a decent keyboard (ie no Clevo)

Do you mean you don't like Clevo? Or not their keyboard?

I've been pretty impressed with Alienware's lineup lately, the new models all fit good niches

i7-2720QM with 6970M CrossFire + AAFES discount for $2000 is a steal

If you want to go with something close to the "base" specs on the M18x, you're better off with the Toshiba Qosimo It's only 1799, has 1TB of HD and 8GB RAM. The same config in the MX18 would cost something like 2200.

Back