Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that laptop screams female in every way. Girls will totally pick this 10 lbs monster over the 2 lbs macbook airs. right guys? right?

This seems to be a psychological issue -- generally speaking, guys have a tendency for specs (what's under the hood), while gals prefer the looks, especially for "tech-trendy" items.

I like this attempt that Alienware is doing, but suspect that it won't turn out to be a success.

This seems to be a psychological issue -- generally speaking, guys have a tendency for specs (what's under the hood), while gals prefer the looks, especially for "tech-trendy" items.

I like this attempt that Alienware is doing, but suspect that it won't turn out to be a success.

Nor do I, from a basic analysis:
1. Women who want "form" can buy it right now in the ultrabooks, which are really quite nice. They're sleek and work great for casual stuff.
2. Women who really game and need power also don't really give a patootie what color or shape it is any more than men do.
That basic analysis is why almost all "... but for women" products fail, if you generalize.

My gaming laptop is a black OriginPC with more corners than would seem physically possible. It looks... like a gaming laptop. It also works like one, which is why I bought it.

Nor do I, from a basic analysis:
1. Women who want "form" can buy it right now in the ultrabooks, which are really quite nice. They're sleek and work great for casual stuff.
2. Women who really game and need power also don't really give a patootie what color or shape it is any more than men do.
That basic analysis is why almost all "... but for women" products fail, if you generalize.

My gaming laptop is a black OriginPC with more corners than would seem physically possible. It looks... like a gaming laptop. It also works like one, which is why I bought it.

Well. I agree with the first part. As for the second, not so sure. There's nothing wrong with desiring some style in your machine. Look at the rigs on this forum. More LED's than Pyongyang has light bulbs. I wouldn't say it *doesn't* matter, but rather that it matters less.

Ha ha! It is in the article under the header "Q) Alienware Legend is a new design direction for the brand. Why now? Where is this coming from and what does it signify?" The next section talks about some of the women that had input on the design.

You will see that they designed this laptop to appeal to the female demographic also. They have a new "Alienware Legend" branding for products that were created to appeal to women.

Personally I thought it looks better than most "portable desktop" laptops. :) Insert joke here.

Either I am dumb or that's quite a stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back