cageymaru

Fully [H]
Alienware vice president and GM Frank Azor agreed to an interview with Sameer Mitha of Digit.in where he discussed what got him into gaming at an early age (Prince of Persia), the first game he played on his own PC (Links 386), and why all gaming platforms are steps to the ultimate gaming platform; the PC. Alienware's gaming business is a $3 billion global business. That's 15 times larger than Razer and 3 times bigger than Dell's closest competitor.

Mr. Azor discussed cloud gaming and how streaming latency will prohibit those services from taking over the gaming landscape. He touches on consoles and explains how market numbers say the PC won the war. But he also understands the gaming market as a whole and why consoles have to succeed for the gaming sector to succeed. He explains how most people have a need for a basic $500 PC and makes a case for turning that PC into a gaming PC for only $200 more. His convincing argument of why the PC has the most exclusives and older games that tens of millions of gamers still play is quite interesting to read amd comprehend. By the end of the interview, readers will understand why Alienware commands such a large market share in the PC gaming space.

"Consider the different factors. Streaming isn't going to become a replacement, but it is good for those that want to try out a game or get into a game. I look at cloud like I look at mobile gaming like, I look at tablet gaming, and even console gaming. It is just another platform that offers an opportunity to feed into the ultimate gaming platform which is pc gaming," he adds. "When you look at the market, the numbers, the PC has won. It has got the most software, it has the largest install base, it is where majority of the innovation has taken place, and it is where e-sports is really thriving."

I had literally the same experience. I saved 4,000 bucks and had a killer rig built. My Dream machine arrived DOA. I sent it back and 5 days later I received its replacement with out a power cord and some other items like driver disks etc. It broke my heart sending it all back for a full refund. But that was the beginning of my enthusiast PC building hobby. I took that same money, purchased all the killer parts I could at the time and still had left over money to buy my wife some nice jewelry. No youtube videos back then, I had magazine pictures showing me the way.

Damn that Athlon Thunderbird was a kick ass processor back then LOL!!!!!! I was [H] with my led pencil mod overclocking that bitch day 1. It is amazing how much tech has advanced in 10 years.

I am a proud owner of Multiple Alienwares.

I can honestly say, there laptops are absolutely a bar set high in terms of performance, quality. UPS Destroyed my alienware as it was being shipped back to Geeksquad cause they replaced the wrong fucking part instead of just ordering my AC Adapter. My wifes 3yr 15 R2 is still going strong. Cant knock it, and i've had multiple Laptops by other companies, all of which ended up junked out by BestBuy's No-Lemon warranty.

I can see why Alienware is a 3B company, tho they do need to get back to its roots on laptops, and get back into being top of the curve for innovation and technology adoption.

I can honestly say, there laptops are absolutely a bar set high in terms of performance, quality. UPS Destroyed my alienware as it was being shipped back to Geeksquad cause they replaced the wrong fucking part instead of just ordering my AC Adapter. My wifes 3yr 15 R2 is still going strong. Cant knock it, and i've had multiple Laptops by other companies, all of which ended up junked out by BestBuy's No-Lemon warranty.

I can see why Alienware is a 3B company, tho they do need to get back to its roots on laptops, and get back into being top of the curve for innovation and technology adoption.
Same, my AW18 is a beast. I just wish there was a way of upgrading the video cards since they decided to stop producing 18" screens. :(

Im surprised. Alienware isn't as popular as back in the day. But I suppose they have their customers somewhere.

Im surprised. Alienware isn't as popular as back in the day. But I suppose they have their customers somewhere.
I remember after it was announced that they were being bought by Dell that it fractured the community. On the one hand people were happy that they would finally get some quality control. On the other, it was Dell. At least they kept the Alienware brand, unlike HP who killed Voodoo after they acquired them.

Soo I'm interviewing Frank azor tomorrow at pax Aus I'm seeing what I can dig up for HardOCP any questions you want asked? if the interview turns out ok we will post it here.. I didn't ask for the interview but not alot or real media at Pax Au so I will help them out.

Yep I've been buying Alienware laptops for years and will continue to do so. They're simply far better than their competitors in every way from build quality to customer service. People claim they're expensive but they're not, I have an Aliewnare 17 R4 with a GTX 1070 and 6700 processor that only cost me $1300 brand new from BB a year ago. It plays every game I throw at it beautifully and its super useful when I'm not at home and need a mobile gaming station.

The AW17 I got on sale for like $1799 (specs in my sig) last year during Xmas season has been going strong and runs well with a mild overclock on the CPU too. (I have it turbo'ing at 4.2 GHz, and it even ran stable at 4.4Ghz, but I backed off a bit.) I was skeptical about overclocking on a laptop, but the cooling ended up being pretty good and working. I'd happily buy Alienware again, on sale though. Not at full price... (The AW laptop I got was originally $2300.. GTFO with that.)

Back