Alienware aw3418dw $649 free shipping bf deal newegg

Lowest price ever on this, right?
I can barely fit my 2x 32s on my desk, so no way I'd be able to run this + a second display, but trying out ultrawide is still so tempting. Ugh.

Lowest price ever on this, right?
I can barely fit my 2x 32s on my desk, so no way I'd be able to run this + a second display, but trying out ultrawide is still so tempting. Ugh.
You don't really need a second display. It pretty much is like having two panels side by side with no bezel. I use my desktop exactly in this manner.

It won't have the real estate two 32" will have, but no bezels, man.

I have this monitor as well. Pretty amazing. Got it last year on sale for around $700 so this is even cheaper deal than last year.

Well you can fit this monitor plus a 32" 16x9 if you're willing to let some of the screen part of the monitors hang over the edge. I mean as long as the feet stay on top, you'll be fine.
Just to give an idea my desktop is 56" wide. And I run an Omen 32" along with the Alienware 34" Ultrawide.

Or you can be a boss and install monitor arms. :)

You don't really need a second display. It pretty much is like having two panels side by side with no bezel. I use my desktop exactly in this manner.

It won't have the real estate two 32" will have, but no bezels, man.

Pretty much. I got this monitor earlier this year for $700 on an Amazon Warehouse deal and am pretty happy with it. I do wish I could have a second monitor though if only for keeping discord and other stuff up while I'm gaming still, but I have no more room in my desk for one either.

I wish it had a second HDMI input for my consoles though and HDR would be nice to have too, but not sure that's common on monitors still.

Last edited:
If you use AMEX check your card offers. There might be $120 credit if you spend over $600 at Dell. Plus there is 10% cashback at one site which can bring this down to less than $500 out of pocket in the end.

I picked up one of these open box at Microcenter for $674 a few months back. It's been a fantastic monitor and I'm quite pleased with its picture quality and performance.

Ugh I have been tempted to get this monitor to replace the crappy AoC UW I brought last year. I really dislike VA panel and the smearing. There 2 open box monitors at MC for $550.

I already struggle to keep all 34" in my field of view. I'm not sure I could deal with a 38" ultrawide unless it was pushed quite a distance further back compared to the 34". At that point I think you'd need a much deeper desk or a wall mount to create enough distance. LOL.

This is worth every penny. I'm in the same boat about 38". Also, I believe those are a higher resolution than this. To me, 3440x1440 is the sweet spot in gaming. I too, have the AoC UW that vegeta535 has and though it's nice, this is a substantially nicer screen having seen both. I plan on buying this from Amazon and throwing my AoC on CL to recoup some cost.

Mine shipped. Cant wait. Never thought I would go widescreen or be in a position where I have to get rid of my Predator but cant beat paying $500 for this thing.

I had caved and ordered one Monday. Arrived tonight. It's... interesting. So far no flicker at 120hz. Viewing angles are much better than my VA panels. IPS glow sucks. I don't like the curved aspect of the screen at all. I also need to place it further away from me than my 32" 16:9 screen to be comfortable. Looks good though, and ultrawide is neat so far. Glad I jumped on the deal.

Got one last year for $700 from BB and picked up another from Dell with the $120 Amex cash back. Amazing deal for $480+tax.

I had caved and ordered one Monday. Arrived tonight. It's... interesting. So far no flicker at 120hz. Viewing angles are much better than my VA panels. IPS glow sucks. I don't like the curved aspect of the screen at all. I also need to place it further away from me than my 32" 16:9 screen to be comfortable. Looks good though, and ultrawide is neat so far. Glad I jumped on the deal.

You'll acclimate to the curve quickly, I think. I came from a 43" 4K curved TV to this monitor and find the curve a bit more immersive of you're sitting close enough (as in the same distance as any normal monitor). Mine has a little light bleed at the bottom right side, but other than that it's pretty solid.

I already struggle to keep all 34" in my field of view. I'm not sure I could deal with a 38" ultrawide unless it was pushed quite a distance further back compared to the 34". At that point I think you'd need a much deeper desk or a wall mount to create enough distance. LOL.

Do you need to keep the whole monitor in your FoV though?

The point of ultrawides to increase immersion and give you a bit more peripheral vision. Seems like trying to keep the entire screen in focus would require it to be pretty far away and/or induce major headaches.

Do you need to keep the whole monitor in your FoV though?

The point of ultrawides to increase immersion and give you a bit more peripheral vision. Seems like trying to keep the entire screen in focus would require it to be pretty far away and/or induce major headaches.

If you play competitive fps then absolutely

Fing dell - I cancelled my order because they delayed it three times, got my confirmation they cancelled it, then today I get a "your order has shipped!" email. So I call them and tell them I cancelled it three timed and the lady comes back and says yes I see but they never processed it. So they got three cancel orders never processed any of them - had a hold on my 649 bucks and then charged me and tell me I have to ship it back and will get my money back in 15 days....JEsus.

I wish it had a second HDMI input for my consoles though and HDR would be nice to have too, but not sure that's common on monitors still.

Use display port for your PC and HDMI for your console - if you have >1 console, so need 2-3 HDMI input ports a $15 automatic HDMI switcher will do the trick. $10-$15 at amazon.

Back