Alienware 34 Monitor - AW3418DW - $686.37 - $100 GC

Hot deal on a great monitor if you are Team Green. That's the cheapest I've seen yet.

I got this for $700ish on an open box Amazon deal a few months ago and it's definitely a sweet monitor, the stand is very heavy/sturdy and adjustable any way you'd want it too. I would definitely jump on this if you're on the fence, as you can't get much, if at all, better for the money from what I saw while shopping for one. The only slight issues I had with it was UW support in a few games I was playing on it, but they were older games too.

Oh and the weird quirk about this monitor for me ... the weird 3 pronged legs stand. It always looks a little sketchy to me but it does work.

Flawless widescreen can most likely help
https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/
It’s the easy automatic button!

If not that then WSGF will show you how you can manually fix things like FOV, FMV, Resolution, and UI elements.
https://www.wsgf.org/

Yeah, tried Flawless widescreen and it didn't help in Wallenstein: New Order. The game seems to support it initially, but the game speed speeds up when ran past 60 FPS (of course I want to utilize this 120 FPS G-Sync sweetness!), which I found a mod that fixes that before I found Flawless (which I think fixes it as well). But then the game also glitches out when any HUD prompt pops up from the right side of the screen (like when you pick up something or a control prompt at the beginning of the game), it's supposed to retract back off of the right side of the screen, but it hangs half way off the screen and covers part of the screen forever during game play. I've found steam forum posts complaining about it as well with no resolutions posted.

I did a bunch of crazy "coupon'ing" like 2 years ago and got this monitor for ~$700 when it was new and selling for closer to $1100-1200.

It's served me well - Dell was great about exchanging the panel when it was giving me trouble overclocking to 120hz. I'm sure they're good about letting you do exchanges if you have some IPS glow that you're not happy with. Mine is minimal and I don't really notice or pay attention to it.

Thing is rock solid and the stand is no issue.

I haven't kept up with it but some people had a slight "orange peel" yellowish/orange-ish haze on one half of the monitor - mine has it but it is VERY slight and not at all noticeable unless I'm really looking for it. They've probably fixed it since.

I bought one of these almost two weeks ago over at Microcenter. Mine was an open box I picked up for $674 which is almost $130 off their in store price. The image quality is fantastic. The responsiveness and speed are obviously light years ahead of my Samsung KS8500 TV. I actually used the KS8500 for some 4K testing using Ryzen 3000 series CPU's and it felt like a slide show. Once you experience a higher refresh rate monitor, you can't go back. I haven't calibrated it myself, but I've found plenty of ICC profiles for it on line and they should be within the ballpark. I have had no issues with the panel and have really enjoyed gaming and doing work on it. IPS glow is minimal and back light bleed is pretty much non-existent. The stand is heavy. It may seem weird to look at, but it's beefy as hell. It feels firmly planted and very high quality.

The orange haze that people mention is probably a side effect of the panel's width. If you shift your view towards these areas, the orange disappears. It's also only something I see on a lit, but otherwise blank screen. I don't see it in the image while gaming, working, or just at the Windows desktop with a variety of background colors. No monitor is perfect, but I'm very satisfied with this one. I think you'd have to spend a great deal of money to get something that's considerably better.

I bought one of these almost two weeks ago over at Microcenter. Mine was an open box I picked up for $674 which is almost $130 off their in store price. The image quality is fantastic. The responsiveness and speed are obviously light years ahead of my Samsung KS8500 TV. I actually used the KS8500 for some 4K testing using Ryzen 3000 series CPU's and it felt like a slide show. Once you experience a higher refresh rate monitor, you can't go back. I haven't calibrated it myself, but I've found plenty of ICC profiles for it on line and they should be within the ballpark. I have had no issues with the panel and have really enjoyed gaming and doing work on it. IPS glow is minimal and back light bleed is pretty much non-existent. The stand is heavy. It may seem weird to look at, but it's beefy as hell. It feels firmly planted and very high quality.

The orange haze that people mention is probably a side effect of the panel's width. If you shift your view towards these areas, the orange disappears. It's also only something I see on a lit, but otherwise blank screen. I don't see it in the image while gaming, working, or just at the Windows desktop with a variety of background colors. No monitor is perfect, but I'm very satisfied with this one. I think you'd have to spend a great deal of money to get something that's considerably better.

My local Microcenter has some open boxes for 719. Wasn't worth it for me, at that price. Glad I didn't bite. I did, however, bite on this offer. I currently have a 40" Samsung JU6700.

My local Microcenter has some open boxes for 719. Wasn't worth it for me, at that price. Glad I didn't bite. I did, however, bite on this offer. I currently have a 40" Samsung JU6700.

Yeah, I saw the ones for $719, but they had one which was cheaper at $674. They said it had no actual box and had been there a couple of months and the others were more recently returned. I had them plug it in so I could see it and verify it worked. All the accessories were with it, so I took a chance on it. I didn't save much vs. this offer, but I didn't know this was coming at the time.

I went to check out the price in the cart and it told me the PAYPAL15 code didn't apply to the order?

EDIT: Looks like the deal is already dead, price went up somewhat and the coupon no longer works. :(

Last edited:
Great monitor, I jumped on it the last time a similar deal went up. I did have to RMA my first one due to the 120Hz overclocking hardware issue that people have reported, but the process was 100% smooth as silk with Dell CS. I got an advanced replacement without even needing a credit card on file. The replacement (which was a refurb) has been working very well for around 6 months, I love it.

Back