Aliens: Dark Descent

Wow a good aliens game? Looks pretty damn cool....and its an RTS as well? My interest has peaked.
Real-time tactical strategy. Reminds me of a game I played back in the '90s that I can't recall the name of...

Real-time tactical strategy. Reminds me of a game I played back in the '90s that I can't recall the name of...
I feel like X-Com, but without turns. Unless I forget the game you are referring to... But holy hell this is exciting! I love grimdark, but get tired of WH40K.

Looks OK but I want a ALIEN game that gives frights! Can't really get that in these action and RTS style games.

Jeasus, can you imagine what full RT Isolation would be like? I'd need atropine on standby... That said, IGN has gameplay vid that I hadn't seen. I really think this could be fun.

I'm being a bit of an asshole (because DON'T PREORDER!) but GMG has 15% off the preorder ($33.99 for me). You get a Jonesy cat and black armor. Still going to wait for reviews but this really seems to be potentially great.

I always thought there was more than a little H.R. Giger in many of the brood...

I always thought there was more than a little H.R. Giger in many of the brood...

I think the original Alien design was based on a Giger painting and then he was brought in for the film to help aid in designs like the 'Space Jockey'.

I think the original Alien design was based on a Giger painting and then he was brought in for the film to help aid in designs like the 'Space Jockey'.
There's a video on it. It evolved over and over and over until they got it right. A lot of it was based when they found the...Nigerian(?) guy at like 7' tall to build a suit around him. they met him at a bar and offered him the role. moved back to his country after the production of Alien.

Been playing gameplay videos of this.

Can't decide on getting it or not. I'm a real sucker for anything Alien though.

Reviews dropped today.

ACG: Says good and bad but overall it is a "wait" to buy.

Mac at Worthabuy: Says 8.5/10, wants to keep playing it after review. Does have a few negatives, namely a couple of bugs, game control issues, cringe dialog. Loves the atmosphere.

So, a few patches are out. Worth a play?
100% worth the buy, new spin on a favorite franchise of mine. 29Hrs and 37Min of gameplay on the normal setting for a single play through. I was kind of leery about the whole Aliens RTS but damn it is fun and they hit the atmosphere spot on. I recommend this game for any fan of the franchise.

I'm about 20 hours deep into the campaign and really loving it!

They've nailed the atmosphere, and I think the game mechanics are pretty cool... I would describe it as a mash-up of Alien Isolation and Dawn of War 2. They seem to have squashed most of the launch bugs as well... I've just had one instance of a marine getting "stuck" and having to restart a mission, losing maybe 30 mins of play.

I had time to run through the first part tonight. Hellfire they have the look and feel down. I'm glad I still have a ping at taps in my phone, or I'd be playing this all night.

does it have 1st person view that you can toggle or is it just "god "view I have never played the RTS style of game.

Isometric only - it's not really meant to be an FPS vibe (for that you go Fireteam Elite or Isolation).

Back